IndiaDivine.org

Pluralism, etc.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Greetings:

I agree with you Swami Y., that Swami Vivekananda was a brilliant "re-packager" and revitalizer of Eternal Truth. However, jay, I believe you unintentionally make my point - only scholars and the intelligentsia can appreciate his brilliance - not the common man or woman. I feel The Gospel is a much better vehicle for this than Raja Yoga, et al. But, even The Gospel is too much of a spiritual stretch to be used for, dare I use the word: conversion! Actually, conversion is not the correct term. I pray for an evolution of belief, a building of one belief on top another, rather than an exchange of one for another. I suppose a more appropriate term would be: convergence. What I'm leading to is the process of realizing and embracing the oneness of essential truth that is at the center of all great religions - bringing about as its natural result a pluralist viewpoint, or even a "world" religion (as mentioned by Ninian Smart, who I know nothing about). Spiritual convergence (or pluralism, its younger sibling) seems to make sense in this 21st Century as we witness the birth of globalization through economic convergence.

here we are - 100 years later, and Swamiji can no longer speak for himself. it's up to his disciples. Maybe it is supposed to happen through incremental steps, but will George Bush, and others, allow our world to last that long? If I may restate my premise: It would be a good start to see an assembly of Hindu spiritual leaders with the goal of agreeing upon the core, guiding principles of Hinduism - and then sharing that message with the world. But, I suppose that's as likely as the Pope coming to terms with Billy Graham . . .

God Bless,

Brad

What an extraordinary website! Thank you for sharing this link with Bradji

and with all of us.

The best to you,

Shivaram

-

" Shanthi Tantry " <shanthit

<Ramakrishna >

Saturday, October 19, 2002 4:58 AM

Re: [sri Ramakrishna] Pluralism, etc.

> >