IndiaDivine.org

A conflict

Rate this topic

Guest guest

So far I have'nt understood as to why so many conflicts exist between different

religions of the world(May be I have'nt realy tried). In this case which

religion should a person follow? Do we need a new religion which can unite all

people? I just want answers, opinions and comments on this message. I am already

thankful to the group for clarifying many of my doubts. This particular group

forms the so called " Satsangh " (this is my personal feeling). I love this group.

Jai Ramakrishna.

The NEW Netscape 7.0 browser is now available. Upgrade now!

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/download.jsp

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Mail account today at

http://webmail.netscape.com/

Dear vbhadrashetty:

(Yes, I agree, this List is the closest thing that I have to a Satsang opportunity!) I believe an underlying problem is how many view the purpose of religion: as a means to define and/or differentiate themselves -- rather than as a means to spiritual growth. It reminds me of Ramakrishna's use of the hemp smoker analogy -- how delighted they are to meet fellow hemp smokers. But, to add my own twist, they are probably not so delighted to meet non-hemp smokers. For many Christians, they seem to have reversed Christ's teaching by believing that: "Those who are not with us are against us," rather than His teaching in Luke 9:50: " For he that is not against us is for us."

Personally, I wouldn't mind a "universal" religion -- as long as I get to choose it! Seriously, what I believe we need is more interfaith dialogue. The www is a great, inter-cultural communication tool and a good starting point. But, in these trying times we need something more "institutionalized," such as a "United Nations" for interfaith dialogue.

Jai Ramakrishna!

Brad