IndiaDivine.org

Kundalini and Spiritual progress

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Namaste

I have some questions,

How is Awakining of Kundalini related to spiritual progress?

As i have read about Kundalini, its possible to awaken it without getting into much spirituality,

and would awakening of Kundalini lead one to be more spiritual and hence lead to self-realisation?

May all be happy, May all be free from disease, May all realise what is good, May none be subject to misery.

Manish

Swami Vivekananda: They alone live, who live for others; the rest are more dead than alive.

Overloaded with spam? With MSN 8 you can filter it out

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

Dear Manish,

Kundalini Awakening is related in everyway to spiritual progress. one can't seperate kundalini from spirituality.

Your following statement surprises me a bit

"As i have read about Kundalini, its possible to awaken it without getting into much spirituality"

Which spirituality are you referring to here ?

There is nothing is like more or less spiritual. Goal is to go beyond your mind or in other words self-realization.

When kundalini is fully awakened one reaches samadhi state but this state can't be achieved without a spiritual teacher ( someone like Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa ). When Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa touched Narendra's chest with his feet he went in to a different state. My understanding is Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa gave a kick to Narendra's already awakened kundalini.

Whichever path you may follow its the kundalini which has to awaken in the end. One can do it via bhakti, Meditation, Yoga and Mantra Japa / Sadhana, Karma Yoga, Gyan Yoga. Anyone who leads a spiritual life will be following all these yogas at different times in his/her life. A spiritual life is a mixture of all these yogas.

Meditation, Yoga and Mantra Japa / Sadhana directly awakens kundalini thats why sometimes these are looked as faster ways of awakening kundalini. During or before kundalini awakening ones all sins have to burn. So if one progressing faster on this path then one will have to burn one's faster too. And unless you burn your sins you will suffer. So before awakening one should first consider burning one's sins or living life the right way.

Seems like you want to get enlightened without getting into much spirituality. On this path one shouldn't have thoughts of "more or less" but of patience and devotion.

Anurag

Manish Solanki [yam65]Wednesday, March 26, 2003 6:11 PMRamakrishna Subject: [sri Ramakrishna] Kundalini and Spiritual progress

Namaste

I have some questions,

How is Awakining of Kundalini related to spiritual progress?

As i have read about Kundalini, its possible to awaken it without getting into much spirituality,

and would awakening of Kundalini lead one to be more spiritual and hence lead to self-realisation?

May all be happy, May all be free from disease, May all realise what is good, May none be subject to misery.

Manish

Swami Vivekananda: They alone live, who live for others; the rest are more dead than alive.

Overloaded with spam? With MSN 8 you can filter it out Sri Ramakrishnaye NamahVivekananda Centre Londonhttp://www.vivekananda.co.uk