IndiaDivine.org

Lighten up!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Goldberg had the loveliest garden in town and each time theRabbi passed by he would call out to Goldberg, "Your gardenis a thing of beauty. The Lord and you are partners!""Thank you, Rabbi," Goldberg would respond with a bow.This went on for days and weeks and months. At least twicea day the Rabbi, on his way to and from the synagogue, wouldcall out, "The Lord and you are partners!" until Goldbergbegan to be annoyed at what the Rabbi evidently meant as acompliment.So the next time the Rabbi said, "The Lord and you arepartners," Goldberg replied, "That may be true. But youshould have seen this garden when the Lord had it all on hisown!" Anthony de Mello, S.J.© 1988 by the Center for Spiritual Exchange______________________A disciple came riding on his camel to the tent of his SufiMaster. He dismounted and walked right into the tent, bowedlow and said, "So great is my trust in God that I have left mycame outside untied, convinced that God protects theinterests of those who love him.""Go tie your camel, you fool!" said the Master. "God cannotbe bothered doing for you what you are perfectly capableof doing for yourself." Anthony de Mello, S.J.© 1988 by the Center for Spiritual Exchange______________________

"So this was your first flight. Were you scared?""Well, to tell you the truth, I didn't dare put my full weightdown on the seat." Anthony de Mello, S.J.© 1988 by the Center for Spiritual Exchange_________________________________