IndiaDivine.org

Digest Number 2227

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Stamp Isssue

I came across this stamp issue couple of weeks ago when I received an e mail from the Hindu Forum of Britain stating how the depiction of two Hindus holding baby Christ was insensitive.

The letter also raised the point and issues of Christian proselytisation, conversion through intimidation at gun point, and human rights abuse against Hindus by Christian terrorists in North East India that are deeply emotive.

Perhaps these points as far as political mileage goes are valid.

However to a Hindu who is a disciple of Sri Ramakrishna, depiction of a hindu holding baby Christ is to be regarded in the same light as holding Gopaldada. I am a very strong believer in not only respecting but seeing the same force of divinity with all great personalities of the different religions in the world. The distortions come only through personal depictions and interpretations from alleged followers who for their own faillings rant and try to demonstrate that their form of worship, prayers, belief or teachings are the highest form. They do not reaslise as my gurujee used to say, can you divide the ray of the sun and say my ray is better than yours when the source is but one.

And who made me the defender of my religion. My religion, philosophy and the fundamental values with their Truth existed before my forefathers were born and will continue to exist long after I die. All I can aspire to become is to steady my thought process and actions, pray, always see good in all others and have faith in my God!!

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.