Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

The mail which Jai posted in the

group with the subject, ”Concerns about Hinduism” was sent by me. My

sincere apologies for having hurt your sentiments.I did not intend to say that

any religion is superior or inferior. Only recently I started I started reading

Swami Vivekanda’s books, and the Hinduism He speaks about, is entirely different

from what everyone seem to practice here in India. That made me mail. I am

extremely sorry . Please direct your opinion towards me.

Regards,

Nithiya

Guest guest

-

nithiya.loganathan

ramakrishna

Monday, May 22, 2006 5:26 AM

[sri Ramakrishna] Apologies

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

The mail which Jai posted in the group with the subject, ”Concerns about Hinduism” was sent by me. My sincere apologies for having hurt your sentiments.I did not intend to say that any religion is superior or inferior. Only recently I started I started reading Swami Vivekanda’s books, and the Hinduism He speaks about, is entirely different from what everyone seem to practice here in India. That made me mail. I am extremely sorry . Please direct your opinion towards me.

Regards,

Nithiya

===============response=======================================

Dear Nithiya

There is no need to apologize, your comments on Hinduism and how it comes across (or does not come across ) in India are very valid. Your concerns are echoed by many. The head of the Vivekananda Kendra visited us in London a few years back and commented that Vivekananda has been forgotten by the youth of India, you in London seem to be doing a better job in promoting his teachings to the youngsters in the West! Bollywood is the religion of Indian youth and this is very visible when you click the satellite channels. Most channels are overwhelmed with Bollywood material. The few religious channels like Aastha (that can be viewed in the West) do not have any material that can interest the youth in India or in the West. The programmes are directed to the older generation who at this late stage in their lives want to sit back and chew cud. We had a meeting with the head of Aastha last week and are discussing the production of a pilot series of 5 programmes aimed at the youth. We are planning to record this series of five talks in London in front of a young audience and hopefully this will be broadcast on Aastha. We will keep you posted on how this idea develops further.

regards jay

Guest guest

Here in Ontario,. Canada, we have a multi-cultural television station that provides a lot of film from India. A lot of old black and white melodramas that are fun to watch because they are so awful! But then there is a good, in my opinion, presentation of the Mahabharata. It will not meet the standards of Hollywood, but who cares? Yes, there are also endless Bollywood musical films and they too are fun, but I mostly enjoy the Mahabharata

Guest guest

Hi jay,

I am really happy with ur

words.I am searching for ppl who are working for Hinduism.

Now I feel happy.I will be with this grp..

Om namasivaya

Sreekanth M

Guest guest

I am Sakthivel from Japan. It is true. I was seen the Mahabharata serial number of times. It was very peaceful of mind. But the other programe was totally distrub in mind. True is always true.