IndiaDivine.org

Prof Anil Kumar...ZEN STORY.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Prof Anil Kumar...Sai-Chology

..................................................................................................................................................

THERE IS A SIMPLE STORY FROM ZEN MASTER AND SUFI LORE. A pious and philopsophical lady was fetching water from the well in two pots. As she was doing this the two pots fell on the ground and broke into pieces. The water spilt on the ground.

At this the lady started and dancing and signing. Everybody thought something was wrong with her and that the two pots taht broke made her go mad. Then somebody dared to ask, "Look here, the two pots broke and there is every reason to feel bad about it. But why are you dancing?.

THIS ZEN MONK, the lady , said, "The two pots broke. That means for me this pot, my body would break. My body which can be compared to a pot, would also break. The water has started flowing in all directions. Till now, the water was conditioned to being in the pot and was limited in the pot according to the size of the pot.

Now it is flowing freely in all directions. As the pot of my body breaks, the Supreme Self within me goes freely into the elements. The supreme being merges with the cosmos I am happy, so I am dancing." She had been carrying water everyday. How it is that englightment

occured only at that moment? Things happen always like that. In a spiritual experience there is no advance warring ot signal. There is no railway station, bell or an annoucement.

Spiritual enlightment occurs suddenly, like what happened to "GURU NANIK" and saint "KABIR" and to "TULDAS" To all of them spiritual enlightment happened at a time when they were not aware. Hence, we see that waiting is a process where we forget that we are waiting. We wait and forget that we are waiting. Once we become aware that we are waiting, pain creeps in.

(Sharing with Sai Love)

Ram.Chugani.