IndiaDivine.org

Group Parayan of Shri Sai Satcharitra on Dussehra/Vijayadasami -28th Sept09

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jai Sairam Brothers/Sisters,

Navaratri and Dussehra/Dassera are long festivals celebrated over a period of ten days. The first nine days constitute the Navaratri festival. Navaratri itself means nine nights (Nava = nine, ratri = night). The term "Dussehra" or "Vijayadasami" which is the last and tenth day are derived from the word for number ten i.e. Das (in Hindi) or Dasha (in Sanskrit). Navaratri is a joyous festival, which is celebrated every year by followers of Hinduism, during early fall season (occurs during late September and early October). The Goddesses in the form of the Universal Mother is worshiped for nine nights and hence the name Navaratri.' On the tenth day, the festival comes to an end with a special puja called Vijaya Dasami. During the ten days of the Dasara festival (ten days and nine nights), it is common for Hindus to read and recite slokas on the greatness of Mother Durga, Lakshmi and Saraswati. Mother Durga symbolizes the power of purposeful action (Kriya Sakti). Lakshmi represents the will power (Itchaa Sakti) and Saraswati stands for the power of knowledge (Jnana Sakti).

In the first three days, Goddess Durga is invoked in order to destroy all our impurities, vices and defects. The next three days Goddess Lakshmi is adored as a giver of spiritual wealth. The final three days is is spent in worshipping as the goddess of knowledge, Saraswati. In order to have all-round success in life, believers seek the blessings of all three aspects of the divine femininity, hence the nine nights of worship. During Navratri, some devotees of Durga observe a fast and prayers are offered for the protection of health and property. A period of introspection and purification, Navratri is traditionally an auspicious time for starting new ventures.On the occasion of Dussehra / Vijayadasami, we are planning to organize Group Parayan of Shri Sai Satcharitra, so that our beloved BABA should protect us from all the evils and bless us with Love and Happiness.Interested Sai devotees should send me their names to be included in the Group Parayan. Members can call me or sent SMS on my mobile number - 09717186828 for the allotment of chapters OR directly sent email on the email addresses mentioned below:-"saurabh.shanker"-"khatri_balaji"RegardsSaurabh Shankerhttp://.com/forumhttp://saidwarkamai.blogspot.com/