IndiaDivine.org

When God gives a word, He will never ever forget it - Swami

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In those days, Subbamma used to cook food for every devotee visiting Swami, in Puttaparthi. In keeping with her hospitality, fortune would favour her and she used to reap rich harvest from her fields. Her fields were yielding rich crops two to three times a year. Those paddy bags could not be taken into her house. Hence, the bags used to be emptied into a specially built granary from above. Thus, Subbamma sanctified her life in the service of Swami. One day, I enquired from Subbamma what she needed from Me. She replied, “Swami! I have no desire for anything. Before I leave my mortal coil, if You can graciously pour a few drops of sanctified water into my mouth from Your divine hands, it would be enough.†I assured her that her wish would be

fulfilled.

Once I was returning from Chennai to Bukkapatnam, by car. Subbamma died the previous night. Her relatives were making arrangements to bring her dead body from her house to the cremation ground in Bukkapatnam. As soon as they saw Me, they ran towards Me and informed, “Subbamma died yesterday.†I told them, “It is only your illusion. Subbamma did not die. She won’t leave her mortal coil till she had My Darshan.†So saying, I reversed My car towards her house. Subbamma’s mother was still alive then. With an agonising heart she told Me, “Swami! She was remembering You all the while and was chanting “Sairamâ€, “Sairamâ€, till last night. She was enquiring everyone, “Did Swami come?†The body of Subbamma was covered with a cloth. I removed that cloth and called her, “Subbamma! Subbamma!†To

everyone’s surprise, she opened her eyes.

When God gives a word, He will not forget it under any circumstances. I told her, “You wanted that I should pour a few drops of water into your mouth during your last moments. Is it not? Here it is; have it.†So saying, I dipped a Tulasi leaf in a tumbler filled with water and put a few drops of that sanctified water in her mouth. Subbamma then drank the water, held My both hands tightly and put them reverentially on her eyelids. She took leave of Me saying, “Swami! I have been waiting to take leave of You finally before I shed my mortal coil. You have fulfilled my last wish, as promised. Now permit me to leave. Here I am going.†I gave her permission and she merged in Me.

I have built a housing colony in memory of Late Subbamma and named it after her. Subbamma was a great soul. She used to go up on the terrace of her house and converse with Mother Easwaramma, every now and then. She used to tell her, “Easwaramma! You gave birth to Swami and I fostered Him. Hence you are Devakidevi and I am Yashoda.†Easwaramma used to reply, “Subbamma! You served hundreds of Swami’s devotees by giving food and shelter to them in your house. Don’t you deserve the fruit of that Seva? Surely you will.†Before Subbamma left her mortal coil, she came to Easwaramma one day and pleaded with her, “I am leaving. You look after Sathyam well.†Both of them shed tears. The next day Subbamma died.

- From Swami's 2007 Ugadi Divine Discourse.

Om Sai Ram

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.