IndiaDivine.org

Living in the Presence of God (Vol I/Pt I - 79)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

CHAPTER 79

The observance of self-discipline marks the beginning chapter in the book entitled, "From Human to the Glory of God". One can advise you, one can inspire you, one

can plead with you or one can pressure you in recognizing and walking in the steps of God, but none, My dears, can actually walk this path for

you. This is the only service that cannot be bought, for even the biggest masters and rulers of the world had to walk on this journey, alone. Several hands perform their service in each worldly task, and behind the task that does not succeed, lies the blame of each hand that performed this worldly service. But in spirituality, O sweet, there is but one pair of hands, and one heart that is responsible for its success. In your path to God, when you meet with failure, it is only you

that can be blamed for your own misdoings, due to your lack of self-control. And what is self-control? Do not be mistaken by this word and let yourself believe to be the controller of other's joys, for the one that lives to control the life of another, walks the path of a mere coward. Self control is controlling anything that may affect the "self' to function with its fullest purity. No temptation must become a hindrance and no obstacle must become your fear to walk ahead, towards Me. You must, O child, believe in yourselves and have faith that you are capable to live life with sweet perfection. Nothing more - nothing less! To make this perfection a reality, you must exercise the strictest discipline over your own weaknesses and tendencies to fail. At all times, you must be alert against the alarm of your own inner evils. Once you have slipped into the folly of a mistake, let not this mistake turn to become another

habit. The disease of bad habits must be broken with the iron will that

will not break under the cruelty of any torture. Have the strength and the discipline to endure all for letting your principles live and killing with it, each time, a little more of your weakness that gave in to sinful desires. Know that desire will only let you slip each time into a well that is deeper, and when the end is near and you will call aloud for help, the only voice that will respond to this desperate plea will be your own pitiful echo, for when the voice of evil cries, God will not respond. Make a promise that you will not allow your faults to repeat and allow them to break you. You can enjoy the bliss of a game, only when you observe its rules and regulations. Similarly, to enjoy this bliss of existence, one must observe divine principles, and only then, will this game of life result in a peaceful victory. A child that attends school knows that discipline lies in his completion of the entire course and that he cannot run home until he has

spent the time necessary in school to complete his study. In the same way, your discipline lies in completing this study of the self, and when

the necessary time is spent and the study remains complete, only then, will you be able to come home to Me - your mother. Discipline, My dears,

is not the teachers beating stick that leaves the marks of pain - but it is, in fact, your walking stick that feels the pits and prevents your

fall! Discipline is not what you must fear, but it is your focus, your concentration and your power from which you will derive your strength. You have rolled in the dirt of desires and forgotten the bliss of being clean - Yes! It is time for you to be the eager one that wants to learn his first lesson of control - the discipline of self-control!- Divine Messages received and recorded by Mrs Seema M Dewan(Copyright reserved by the Author) SAI DIVINE INSPIRATIONShttp://www.facebook.com/saidivineinspirationshttp://saidivineinspirations.blogspot.com/AHAM BRAHMASMI "I am not this

body, I am not this mind, I am Atma."