IndiaDivine.org

The Sai Dream... Sai Spiritual Showers - Issue 15.04.2010

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

“Are dreams real?†has always been a contentious subject. When it comes to a dream featuring Bhagawan, can the same be unreal? Answering this question, Bhagawan calls it a ‘relative reality’ as distinct from absolute reality. Read on an account from S.Sankar, a Summer Course student of 1978, analysing Sai dreams, wherein Bhagawan Himself comes with clarification through a dream seaquence, as published in Sanathana Sarathi, May, 1979.

I have some kind of disbelief in the dreams I see of Bhagawan. Still, I am inclined to view half heartedly and suspiciously, the veracity of such dreams, unless confirmed by Him (in which case I ask no questions!).

One simple reason for this is that most of the dreams have been unfulfilled. So, I convinced myself that the dreams I saw (those of others may be different) were merely those of wish fulfillment and no relevance whatsoever to the reality.

Another reason is that most dreams have soothed me and comforted me, that is, they occurred in the way I would have wished them to occur. So I was further convinced. This was only a manifestation of my own dream consciousness, asserting its authority in the dream world, though it could not move a blade of grass in the sensuous world.

Moreover, a good part of my consciousness was filled with Bhagawan, and, so, if I had to dream, the probability of dreaming about Him was high. Such dreams would be natural phenomena, and not explicitly the result of His Sankalpa.

But another thing which struck me very much, and which, I discovered to my great discomfiture only recently was that I never could dream without `myself' being present in it, in some form! Either I was present as the central figure, (as in most cases) or at least as a spectator.

However, I am yet to come across a single person, who has dreamt—without being present, in some way, or without being connected in any way—in the dream. That is why Bhagawan has said: `I' is the identity that PERSISTS in sleep, dream and waking. And since Patanjali has called Samadhi, "experience without dreams" it is well nigh impossible, and if ever it occurs, it would be in the highest stage of spiritual evolution, and I am not in that, I know only too well!

The same thing also happens in our thought, sleep...etc. I can't visualise anything in the cosmos without ME! Either as spectator or as something else, because 'I' am the identity that will PERSIST everywhere, at all times! This is also a sign of the ego or whatever may be left in us, of it, after having been cut to size by HIM.

However, I did dream another one last week, which I was forced to believe because of its extraordinary nature. I will `censor' the "wish fulfillment" part which in any case will centre around my EGO, and tell you the more interesting part.

Though I have always been speaking, thinking ...of Swami for nearly 9 months, (after the summer course), I never had a Sai dream, not even one of wish fulfillment during this period. On the particular day, I was not quite well, and so, incidentally, I had less time to think of Swami than on other days, comparatively. Yet, the dream did come after 8 months nearly.

I saw amidst other things, Bhagawan, on the first floor of our house, in my "study-cum Puja" room. He was sitting on my chair, besides my table which was full of papers and trash. I was standing up. The first question I asked Him was: "Bhagawan when I am with you (i.e., in Parthi), I am alright, but, when I come here (to Trivandurm) I am not at all well. See the state of table, dirty and disorderly, could you not find a way out of this impasse, please?"

Bhagawan: "Yes, Yes, that is why I have come"

Myself: "Bhagawan, I have composed so many songs on you. What is your opinion about them, are they good?

Bhagawan: (Love is vibrant in His voice, to quote Mr. Murphet) "Why are you asking such a question? Was it not I who gave those songs to you? Then what is the meaning of your question?

(I am silenced for a moment)

Myself: "You seem so close to me now, and so loving, but when I come there, sometimes you do not see me, you are so neglectful, why do you do this?"

Bhagawan: "Why do you ask such things? How can I neglect anyone'? After all I and you are one and the same. Then is it proper to speak of neglect here? Do you think so?

(Baba continues) You must know to discriminate between the real and the unreal. Now, there is dream. As a dream, it is real, but as otherwise, it is not. This is relative reality. as distinct from original reality (Probably the word was absolute reality). You think the world you see around you is real. No, it is only relatively real. The true reality can be perceived only by the ATMA, Remember.

I must confess I cannot disbelieve such dreams easily, because of the depth of thought involved therein. Moreover, this dream's course was not charted by me, it went in a surprising direction.

sourced:

http://www.sssbpt.org/pages/SaiSpiritualShowers/SSS15Apr2010.html

Aum Sri Sai Ram

Visit SAIRAM website for the daily latest updates.