IndiaDivine.org

FW: THINK AGAIN !!-judge me by the footprints

Rate this topic

Guest guest

> THINK AGAIN !!> JUDGE ME BY THE FOOTPRINTS I LEAVE BEHIND> > A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming > home after having fought in Vietnam. He called his > parents from San Francisco. "Mom and Dad, I'm coming > home, but I've got a favor to ask. I have a friend I'd > like to bring with me." > > "Sure," they replied, "we'd love to meet him."> > "There's something you should know," the son continued, > "He was hurt pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped > on a landmine and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere > else to go, and I want him to come live with us."> > "I'm sorry to hear that, son. Maybe we can help him find > somewhere to live." > > "No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us." > > "Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking. > Someone with such a handicap would be a terrible burden on > us. We have our own lives to live, and we can't let something > like this interfere with our lives. I think you should just > come home and forget about this guy. He'll find a way to > live on his own." At that point, the son hung up the phone.> > The parents heard nothing more from him. A few days later, > however, they received a call from the San Francisco police. > Their son had died after falling from a building, they > were told. The police believed it was suicide. The grief-> stricken parents flew to San Francisco and were taken > to the city morgue to identify the body of their son. They > recognized him, but to their horror they also discovered > something they didn't know, their son had only one arm > and one leg.> > The parents in this story are like many of us. We find it > easy to love those who are good-looking or fun to have around, > but we don't like people who inconvenience us or make us > feel uncomfortable. We would rather stay away from people > who aren't as healthy, beautiful, or smart as we are. > Thankfully, there's someone who won't treat us that way. > Someone who loves us with an unconditional love that > welcomes us into the forever family, regardless of how > messed up we are.> > Tonight, before you tuck yourself in for the night, say > a little prayer that God will give you the strength you > need to accept people as they are, and to help us all be > more understanding of those who are different from us!!!> > There's a miracle called -Friendship- that dwells in the > heart. You don't know how it happens or when it gets its > start. But you know the special lift it always brings and > you realize that Friendship Is God's most precious gift!> > Friends are a very rare jewel, indeed. They make you smile > and encourage you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share > a word of praise, and they always want to open their hearts > to us. Show your friends how much you care....> > Send this to everyone you consider a FRIEND! & Have a Friend for Life!!!

Messenger - Talk while you surf! It's FREE.