IndiaDivine.org

Baba in BOSTON

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Shankaram Siva Shankaram!

Well ... the official host at Boston, Jayanthy & Family are now at the cruise, with BABA, so I thought of filling in the details - atleast my perspective of it:

Baba had arrived at Providence, RI airport on Wednesday night and Jayanthy had received Baba and taken HIM home after showing Baba some night-lights of Rhode Island-Connecticut!!! They had also gone on some local sight seeing on Thursday.

I joined Guha, Viju, Vasanthy, Jayanthy & family on Thursday late night. Friday Nov 2nd started with a steaming cup of Coffee with BABA. After Homam, with the recital of Purusha Suktham and Sree Suktham, we had sumptuous breakfast - Iddlies, Dosas, Oothappam with Sambar and Chilli powder and Curds!

Then we set out on a trip to Rhode Island, with Mike an American Devotee offering to be the Charioteer for our Krishna, to see the richest house of all times - The Summer cottage of The Vanderbilts, called "Breakers" facing the Atlantic Ocean. The Vanderbilts actually lived in 5th avenue, NewYork City, but visit the "Breakers" for a 4 to 6 week period in a year around July to host some parties. It is a 138,000 sq.ft. mansion with Gold inlaid ceilings and rich tapestries and figurines - richeness & splendour all around.

Baba enjoyed the decorations and mirror works & chandeliers very much. We took a few photographs of BABA. We relaxed for a few minutes in the lawn facing the ocean and Baba talked about setting up a permanent CENTER for Samratchana in the USA - with a central prayer hall, meditation hall, dormitories, central kitchen etc.

BABA offered to make 3 or 4 vists every year to the CENTER !!!

It was just the four of us - Mike, Jayanthy, myself and BABA - for most of the day and it was an enlightened discussion on great topics with BABA's jokes all over the spectrum. And it was a very personalised one-on-one counseling session too.

From there, we went to Akhila & Rajesh's home for snacks and returned to Jayanthy's home for the Satsang. There were about 22-25 people who had gathered for the Satsang. We started off with Vasanthy singing a couple of songs, Jayanthy & myself chanting Vishnu Sahasranamam followed by Rajesh playing the Samratchana documentary CD. It was wonderful to see all our devotees in various activities in the CD and I was very happy to recollect wonderful days spent in the Booloka Vaikuntham.

Baba spoke about LOVE - pure unconditional Love. When you expect something in return, it is trade, commerce. Even in a relationship, if you expect to get anything at all, then it is NOT pure love. With illustrations Baba explained how we can excel in whatever we do and still maintain our thoughts with the Lord.

While blessing an American couple Lucy & David, BABA went into a trance and became VAYOO Bhagwan. Baba blew out wind with such a gusto, that lady was swaying by the force of the wind ! The sound had such a stereophonic effect, we realised what Oozhikaatru will be like.

The satsang was concluded with Kurai Ondrum Illai and Harathy, followed by an elaborate dinner. Baba gave me the opportunity to drive HIM and His entourage to the airport early next morning on their way to the cruise.

It was The Best Day for me in 2001.

Shankaram Siva Shankaram,

Raghavan Murali

Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com