IndiaDivine.org

THE GODLY GIFT

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

THE GODLY GIFT: A young man was getting ready to graduate from college.For many months, he had admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer's showroom, and knowing his father could well afford it, he told him that was all he wanted.

As graduation day approached ,the young man awaited signs that his father had purchased the car.Finally,on the morning of his graduation, his father called him into his private study.His father told him, how proud he was to have such a fine son & told him how much he loved him.

He handed his son a beautifully wrapped gift box. Curious, but somewhat disappointed,the yound man opened the box & found a lovely leather bound Bible, with the young man's name embossed in Gold. Angry, he raised his voice to his father & said, "With all your money you give me a Bible?" & stormed out of the house, leaving the Bible. Many years passed & the young man was very successful in business. He had a beautiful home & wonderful family, but realized his father was very old, & thought perhaps he should go to him. He had not seem him since the graduation day.

Before, he could make arrangements ,he received a telegram telling him, his father had passed away & willed all of his possessions to his son. he needed to come home immediately & take care of things.

When he arrived at his father's house, sudden sadness & regret filled his heart.He began to search through his father's important papers & saw th still new Bible ,just as he had left it years ago. With tears, he opened the Bible & began to turn the pages. His father had carefully bookmarked & underlined a verse, " AND IF YE, BEING EVIL, KNOW HOW TO GIVE GOOD GIFTS TO YOUR CHILDREN, HOW MUCH MORE SHALL YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN, GIVE TO THOSE WHO ASK HIM?"

As he read those words, a car key dropped from the back of the Bible. It had a tag with the dealer's name. ******************************************************************************************************

WOOD CUTTER -2002: One day, while a woodcutter was cutting a branch of a tree above a river, his axe fell into the rivr.When he began crying,God appeared.

"Why are you crying"? The woodcutter told HIM that he had dropped his axe into water.God went down into the water & reappeared with a golden axe. "Is this your axe?" God asked. "No".

God again went down & came up with a silver axe. "is this your axe?" God asked. "No". God went down again & came with an iron axe & asked him. He said "Yes".

God was pleased with his honesty & gave him all the three axes. The woodcutter went home happily. One day, while he was walking with his wife along the river, his wife fell into the river. When he began crying, God appeared.

"Why are you crying"? "My wife has fallen into the water"God went down into the water & came up with Meenakshi Ram. & asked "Is this your wife"?

"Yes" replied the woodcutter. God was furious. "You cheat! Now I am going to curse you................."

The woodcutter quickly said, "Forgive me ,My Lord. It is a misunderstanding. If I say NO to Meenakshi ,you will come up with Madhuri .If I also say NO to her, you will finally come up with my wife & I will say YES. Then you will give all the three to me. I am a poor man. I will not be able to look after all the three. So, that's why I said "YES".

New! SBC Dial - 1st Month Free & unlimited access