IndiaDivine.org

smile of fire - Baba - 5th June 1999

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

5th June - Smile of fire - . Fire at Samratchana-Neelankarai- Baba

Samratchana has many important days and 5th June is another land mark in the history of Samratchana.It is 4 years since the occurence of the fire incident.Many would have forgotten this day. Samratchana at Neelankarai premises was burned down to ashes on this day on 5th June 1999 at 3 p.m noon, some miscreants,provoked by an envious element, who could not digest our growth. Almost the entire ashram was reduced to ashes. By god's grace, there was no casualty.

In sathsang, that very evening,amidst the ashes, I asked the assembled devotees to sing our traditional pre-Harathi song : Kurai onrum illai, marai murthy kanna, kurai onrum illai kanna, ( we have no unfulfilled desires), kurai onrum illai , govinda. . Everyone was in uncontrollable tears. I was the only one cool and composed. Months later, someone read a Nadi that stated, '" There will be an attempt on your life and your ashram will be burnt down, but you will build a castle"

I was determined to carry on with Samratchana activities whatever be the obstruction. So, the sathsangh was shifted temporarily to the premises at kelambakkam and renovation work carried on at Neelankarai. Everyday at 7.00 a.m, 200 volunteers arrived, eager to rebuild the place. They removed the debris. Even girls joined in the welding work.

Every minute task of renovation was carried out by my volunteer force. I am thankful to everyone who stood by the organisation at that time. It is a momentous task. It is no big deal serving an organisation when it is at its peak. When an organisation is hobbled by negative elements, those stand by it are the loyal ones.

WHEN YOUR BEING YEARNS FOR GOD, TEARS ROLL DOWN NON-STOP IN YOUR LOVE OF GOD. TRUE SERVICE TO GOD, SHOULD COME FROM THE HEART. IT IS THE PURITY OF YOUR THOUGHTS. IF YOU TRULY WORK FOR GOD, GOD WILL COME IN ANY FORM & YOU WILL STILL CONTINUE TO LOOK AFTER YOUR WANTS.

We did not waste a single thing. We sold every salvageable item. The Pillaiyar idol we have today , is made out of the silver that melted in the fire. In 10 days, the place was refurbished. Those were the magnificient days of Samratchana. children, youth, students & working people , old & young all helped in the re-building this place.Every visitor to Samratchana was invited to tour that place. Persons would say in a choked voice, "Baba, atleast earlier, Samratchana had tailoring, typing, computer classes to tour. What is there to see now in these ashes ?". I would reply, " It is more important to tour the place now". The visitors would be stunned to see the amount of labour going on, every one of my volunteers put their heart and soul into the task. Their only aim was to see Samratchana up and functioning.

The intention of the offenders was to deal out a loss that we may not be able to bear. But I was determined that I would never retract from my work of God. True to Churchill's words, ' In defeat, defiance. In victory, magnanimity'. I stood my ground. I did not want to halt Samratchana proceedings whatever be the cost. During day, Samratchana renovation work went on. Evening we would have sathsangh at kelambakkam.

God has turned the ashes to a sprawling 32 acres Samratchana in Kelambakkam.Time and destiny ensured that we start a centre at kelambakkam. We did not plan for it. And it started developing at a God decided rapid pace. All this happened on God's will.Samratchana has grown manifolds since then. & see what a huge place we have now.Samratchana will be the saviour,like the Noah's Ark.I am the fish who have come to save this mankind..you need not have any kind of apprehention on this.

BABA loves you and cares for you!!

Shankaram Shiva Shankaram

Chant and be Happy

Free online calendar with sync to Outlook.