IndiaDivine.org

Inspirational Stories

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Let Go and Let Godby: Author Unknown, Source Un

As children bring their broken toys,with tears for us to mend,I brought my broken dreams to God,because He is my friend.But, then instead of leaving Him,in peace to work alone,I hung around and tried to help,with ways that were my own.At last, I snatched them back againand cried, "How can you be so slow?""My child." He said, "What could I do?You never did let go."

The Crossby: Author Unknown, Source Unknown

A young man was at the end of his road , seeing no way out, he dropped to his knees in prayer.

"Lord, I can't go on," he said. "I have too heavy a cross to bear."

The Lord replied, "My son, if you can't bear its weight, just place your cross inside this room.

Then, open that other door and pick out any cross you wish."

The man was filled with relief and said, "Thank you Lord," and he did as he was told.

Upon entering the other room, he saw many crosses; some so large the tops were not visible. Then, he spotted a tiny cross leaning against a far wall.

"I'd like that one, Lord," he whispered. The Lord replied, "My son, that is the cross you just brought in."

When life's problems seem overwhelming, it helps to look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself far more fortunate than you imagined.

A Tragedy or a Blessing?, by: Author Unknown, Source Unknown

Years ago in Scotland, the Clark family had a dream. Clark and his wife worked and saved, making plans for their nine children and themselves to travel to the United States. It had taken years, but they had finally saved enough money and had gotten passports and reservations for the whole family on a new liner to the United States.

The entire family was filled with anticipation and excitement about their new life. However, seven days before their departure, the youngest son was bitten by a dog. The doctor sewed up the boy but hung a yellow sheet on the Clarks' front door. Because of the possibility of rabies, they were being quarantined for fourteen days.

The family's dreams were dashed. They would not be able to make the trip to America as they had planned. The father, filled with disappointment and anger, stomped to the dock to watch the ship leave - without the Clark family. The father shed tears of disappointment and cursed both his son and God for their misfortune.

Five days later, the tragic news spread throughout Scotland - the mighty Tittanic had sunk. The unsinkable ship had sunk, taking hundreds of lives with it. The Clark family was to have been on that ship, but because the son had been bitten by a dog, they were left behind in Scotland.

When Mr. Clark heard the news, he hugged his son and thanked him for saving the family. He thanked God for saving their lives and turning what he had felt was a tragedy into a blessing.

Although we may not always understand, all things happen for a reason.

Irrelevanceby: Anthony de Mello, SJ, One Minute Wisdom

All questions at the public meeting that day were about life beyond the grave.

The Master only laughed and did not give a single answer.

To his disciples, who demanded to know the reason for his evasiveness, he later said, "Have you observed that it is precisely those who do not know what to do with this life who want another that will last forever?"

"But is there life after death or is there not?" persisted a disciple.

"Is there life before death?-that is the question!" said the Master enigmatically.

Idle Angelby: Author Unknown, Source Unknown

St. Peter was giving a newly arrived soul a tour of heaven. The two of them were walking side by side inside a large workroom filled with angels.

St. Peter stopped in front of the first section and said, "This is the Receiving Section. Here, all the petitions sent to God in prayer are received."

The soul saw that the section was a very busy one with so many angels sorting out petitions written on voluminous sheets of paper from all the people of the world.

They resumed walking until they reached the second section. St. Peter told the soul, "This is the Packaging and Delivery Section. Here, the graces and blessings are packed and delivered to the petitioners down on earth."

The soul saw how busy it was. There were a great many angels working in that room because countless blessings were being packed and delivered to earth.

Finally, at the farthest corner of the room, they stopped at the last section. To the surprise of the soul, only one angel was there and he was idle.

"This is the Acknowledging Section," St. Peter told the soul.

"How is it that no work is being done here?"

"That's the sad thing," St. Peter answered.

"After people on earth received the blessings they asked for, very few of them bother to send their acknowledgments."

"How does one acknowledge God's blessing?"

"Simple," St. Peter answered. "Just say, 'Thank you, Lord.'"

The Power of Wordsby: Author Unknown, Source Unknown

A group of frogs were traveling through the woods, and two of them fell into a deep pit. All the other frogs gathered around the pit. When they saw how deep the pit was, they told the two frogs that they were as good as dead.

The two frogs ignored the comments and tried to jump up out of the pit with all of their might. The other frogs kept telling them to stop, that they were as good as dead. Finally, one of the frogs took heed to what the other frogs were saying and gave up. He fell down and died.

The other frog continued to jump as hard as he could. Once again, the crowd of frogs yelled at him to stop the pain and just die. He jumped even harder and finally made it out. When he got out, the other frogs said, "Did you not hear us?" The frog explained to them that he was deaf. He thought they were encouraging him the entire time. Bollywood is back. With a bang. Movies make money!