IndiaDivine.org

Pure Genuine Devotion- Baba

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Pure Genuine Devotion - Baba======================

A few of them asked me "Can the Love for God be an impediment or a block to God's Service?. You should know what kind of course it takees. Certain people, when they get intoxicated with their Love for God, will not be able to perform service or Wordly duties too. They will always be immersed in meditative yoga. ( Dyana yogam). This is one type.

Secondly, to convert the Love for God into a kind of service ( i.e. to serve God is some capacity). You can sing songs about God or you can go the temple and to manual physical work. Appar Peruman is an Example. He was an old person. Everyone have done it in their own way.

There are 4 Saiva Saints ( Saiva Kuravargal). Appar, Sundarar, Thirugnana Sambandar, Maanicka Vaasagar. There are so many temples in Tamil Nadu, where they have sung songs.

Whenever they go to such pilgrim temples, Appar Peruman has taken a metal rod ( Manvetti - to dig mud) & clean the temples and create garden of flowers for God. This is called "Uzhavaara Pani"- Doing physical work for God. Since his whole lifetime, till his end, he was doing this service with God's thoughts.

This story is an example from Appar Peruman's life as to how, God liked his service that he was doing.************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************Once, when there was drought and poverty, Appar and ThiruGnana Sambandar prayed to God for the welfare of the suffering people. God was pleased by their prayers and said " From today, daily, I will give you each a gold coin. You keep that and do charity work and help the people".

**** In Appar Swamy's ashram, people who came there will have their food daily by 12 p.m. But in, ThiruGnana Sambandar's ashram, it will become late about 4 p.m. When he asked his disciples, they said "For Appar Swamy, God gives "Maatru Kuraiyaadha Ponn!" i.e. pure genuine gold. For us, he gives us a little less pure gold. Only, when they test the gold purity, then only will they give rice,dal & other food items. Hence it becomes late for us to serve the food.

ThiruGnana Sambandar thought " Lord Shiva gives the same gold coin for both of us and why this difference"? After sometime, he understood the reason. "I am singing only songs about God. For that only, he sends a Pearl Palenquin to give shadow from the sun and gives gold for charity work.

But, even in his old age, Appar Peruman did not consider his weak body and went to different temples and sings songs about God and preaches Bhakthi and spreads the word of God. Not stopping with this, in this old age, he is also doing physical manual labour by creating flower gardens for God and he also influences other people to follow the same way.

God likes the Bhakthi mixed with the Service nature much more. That is why, he gets Pure Gold and I get a little less pure gold.

Love and Blessings - Baba

Shankaram Shiva Shankaram Chant and be happy

Send an e-mail to Baba at: smrtchna