IndiaDivine.org

Best Devotee - Baba

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Who is the Best Devotee ? - Baba===================

Once, Narada got the ego feeling that there is no other Best Devotee of Narayana, other than him. Narayana understood his thought and gave a lamp in his hand and told Narada "Pour oil & light this lamp and go around the world once and come back. But, even a drop of oil should not be spilt.

Narada went round the world with the lighted lamp and came back. Since Narayana has told, he carefully made sure that the oil did not spill. Then he went to Narayana and said "I did as you told". Then Bhagwan asked him " When you went round the world, how many times did you think of me"?. Narada said " Where can I think of you? My main motive was to see that the oil in the lamp did not spill, hence I was seeing the lamp only".

Immediately, Narayana took Narada to a poor worker's house in a village. In the morning, he got up taking the name of God "Bhagavanae!! Narayana!!. Then after his morning duties at home, he packed his liquid rice ( Koozh- made with rice or ragi) & went to the forest and worked hard with physical manual labour. He also commanded other people to work. Then he came home and before sleeping , he called out "Bhagavanae!! Narayana!! & he slept.

Now, Perumal asked Narada "Now, between the two of you, who has the most devotion?". He works so hard with such difficult physical labour. Even in such difficulty, he thought of me twice!! But you don't have any work; But still, for a simple work I gave you, you could not think of me even once."?

So that Poor worker is my Great Devotee. In God's rule, leading his life in his most difficult times, he thinks of God. They are great people. This is what you should understand. You would think , "He is a Great Mahaan! He has renounced everything! The temple priest tells so many mantras. But, I don't know anything! I don't even do pooja's or don't have the time for it. So there is no need to worry about it.

"Ulagiyal Karmakkalil Uzhanru kondirukkinra Neengal ungal Kadamaigalai seydhu kondu Sindanaiyai Iraivanidathill vaithaal PoadhuMaanadhu." Do you worldly duties , passing your karmas, keeping your thougts on God. That is enough. It is not necessary to renounce the world.

Love and Blessings = Baba

Shankaram Shiva ShankaramChant and be happy

Send an e-mail to Baba at : smrtchna

Mail for Mobile Take Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone.