IndiaDivine.org

Only God Knows you - Baba

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Shankaram Shiva Shankaram I know each of my steps. I know what I am doing. You have come to a person who knows what he is doing. So be with me. I can do all good. You do not lose anything by coming to me; on the contrary, you have everything to gain.

I will never seek anything of you. I have come to give! I have not come to take! So trust, and the benefit will be for you. I am just waiting to bid farewell to this world. I have no intention of returning to this world. I am a totally contented person. I have no desires left. I will give you my best because I am the best.

Why does the Lord not reveal His original form? Take this instance. You may be familiar with the practice of persons offering milk in an effort to appease serpents, and to get absolved of Naga dosha (horoscopic affliction caused by the transit of shadow planets Rahu and Ketu). Assume that a serpent slithers out with a contented hiss to drink the milk they offer. That is the end of it. You will never again see any person near the serpent-hill. God knows you. He understands your fear. So He does not appear to you in His original form. You will run away in fright if Lord Narasimha reveals His fiery presence to you! Krishna revealed His cosmic Viraat Viswaroopa form to Arjuna. The entire universe was contained in that Form. Arjuna closed his eyes in fear and requested Krishna to re-assume His human form. The Lord was revealing His original form, but Arjuna could not take it, he was scared stiff of that Rudra Roopa. Arjuna requested Krishna to reveal to him a simpler form. So it is not binding on God to present Himself in a form of your liking. He may appear in His Rudra Roopa or in the form of Fire. You get electric

shock if struck by a 220-volt current. How will you bear the Current flowing in the Lord’s original Form? You will be blinded with His presence, dumbstruck with awe. God can appear in His original form. But you are not attuned to receive Him. You have to insulate yourself. For a normal 220-volt electricity, you take all precautions like wearing rubber gloves and sandals or holding on to a wooden desk. Similarly, you must prepare yourself for receiving the Lord’s Presence. Penance, meditation and prayers combine to charge you with enough electricity to bear the flow of the Highest Voltage Energy called God. When a surgeon enters an operation theatre, he covers his nose, wears gloves and sanitized shoes. This is to prevent the patient from getting infected. When you visit the

Kalpakkam atomic energy unit, you are given a protective garment to wear; this is to ensure that you are not affected by the radiation. Science guides you to keep yourself insulated. God is such a Mighty Dynamo. He knows we have not yet mellowed and so He does not appear in His original Form. And just because He cares for us so much, is no reason why you must doubt His very Presence. Most of you are familiar with the Himalayas on the map only. You have not seen those mountains in person. Does that negate the presence of the Himalayas? Many of

you have not visited New York. Does that mean that that place does not exist? You have to take the required efforts, buy plane tickets and travel to that place. Similarly,there is a certain route to traverse to the destination called God. There are some prescribed routines to follow that will help you attain Him. When I was delivering a discourse at the M.I.T. in USA, a person asked me, ‘Can you reveal God right now?’ I asked him, ‘What course are you pursuing at the University?’ and he replied, ‘Ph.D.’. ‘How many years of study?’ I asked him, to which he said, ’Ten years.’ He had been researching various books and treatises

for a minimum of 15 hours a day. I told him, ‘Towards a Ph.D. degree, you have done thesis on a miniscule fraction of some scientific truth. God is The Entire Truth. Do you feel He must be perceivable in a split second? Don’t you feel that you have to perform eons of penance to attain Him?’ You must cultivate mellowness to catch a glimpse of the Lord.

Three persons visited Ramakrishna Paramahamsa requesting him to reveal God to them. One was Vivekananda. Ramakrishna asserted that one could converse with God on a first-person basis. Realizing that Vivekananda was destined to serve God’s mission in a large way, and penance would be a barrier for this service, it was only at the appropriate time that Ramakrishna guided Vivekananda to the Lord’s Presence.

Another person asked Ramakrishna to reveal God. Without directly replying, Ramakrishna thrust the person’s head into water, and the man forced his head out, gasping for breath. Ramakrishna asked him, ‘What were you thinking about, during the past few minutes?’, and the person confessed that his attention was on getting out of water. Ramakrishna said, ‘When you become that desperate for realizing God, come to me, and I will guide you to His Presence.’ A third person came to Ramakrishna with the same request. Paramahamsa told him to learn the Bhagavad Gita and consume grapes, and the person asked, ‘how many kilos of grapes and for how many days?’ Ramakrishna declared that the person would never be able to realize God. When the man pleaded with him, the sage explained, ‘You never asked me how many chapters of Bhagavad Gita you are to learn, you were more interested in eating. How will God present Himself to you?’There are three categories of persons: those who yearn for God’s presence, like Vivekananda did, and the intensity of their quest helps them comprehend God. The second category of persons is yet to desperately seek God; and it takes some time. The third category of persons is deep in the

worldly perishables of eating, sleeping and leading a useless life. He who seeks God with absolute sincerity is sure to comprehend God. This is why no one ever arrives at the actual answer to this question. ‘Kandavar Vindilai; Vindavar kandilai’. ‘Those who have seen, have not explained. Those who attempt to explain, have not seen’. Why have those who have seen, unable to explain? They have only been able to experience that bliss of Divinity; it is not possible to express It in words. How will you ever make a person understand what an apple looks like, till he has seen it for himself? Even in the worldly sense, you are able to understand an object’s appearance based on experience only. God is an inexplicable being and we do not have any prior knowledge of Him. That is why we do not understand His Presence. We discern an unknown being only through a known object. And none of those who have known Him was in a position to express his or her experience. Secondly God is not an object. It is neither an object nor a subject. It is an experience of subjectivity. We can become God; if we say we have seen God, we are uttering lies. This is because God is not outside. He is within everyone; He is everything on Earth. When you concentrate on God with total dedication, you become that Lord Himself. It can be any form of God that you concentrate on. And you can only comprehend this by experience; you can never describe Him. Arunagirinatha says, ‘That Eternal Bliss swallowed me and what remained was only that Bliss and nothing else’, ‘I realized that Muruga and I are one’. ‘ettaadha Perinbam ennai vizhungi ninradhuve; Thaanaaga thani Ninradhu Tharparame.’

You manufacture a device made of salt and engage a person to fathom the depths of an ocean using that contraption. How long will the salt device remain in one piece? It gets dissolved in the salty waters of the ocean. Nothing remains to explain to you the process.

Similarly, those who set out to fathom the Paramathma Sagara, the Ocean of Bliss called God, were absorbed into the Divine. They were unable to express that experience, because, from then onward, they were not themselves, they were HIM.

There are several such answers for this question. I mentioned whatever came to my mind right now. - Love Baba

Chant & Be Happy " Shankram Siva shankaram"

A very happy Tamil new year To All

- Maha

Get an email ID as yourname or yourname.