IndiaDivine.org

More silver questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

After my homemade silver sat for about 24 hrs. the gray color went away and it turned clear. The gray gunk had sunk to the bottom. So I guess that explains the gray color, but now I'm wondering why Utopia's bottled stuff is brownish and mine is clear.

Also I think I remember reading that 'cooking' it longer than 1and1/2 hrs. (which I did) will increase the number of particles. Is that right? So will cooking it longer make more particles and make it stronger/better/more effective? If so, how long to 'cook' it to get it to its maximum effectiveness?

But also I think I read it's not the number of particles but their size (smaller being better).

And the smaller the particles, the more particles there are likely to be; but, as well, the more color because of more light reflection?

I guess basically what I'm really trying to think through is whether 'cooking' it longer makes it better/stronger/more effective and give myself a guide as to how much to take and when to quit the bottled stuff and depend on my own.

But thinking about all this is hurting my little gray cells. Maybe it's just that there's too much controversy and differing opinions, and I read too many of them. Meanwhile, I'll just continue to glug certain amounts periodically during the day of whatever is this concoction I made. Unless anyone has a better idea, I'll just keep going 'by guess and by gosh' (I'm reminding myself of the way my mother used to give me directions when I asked her for a recipe)

Any thots?

Naomi

Gray is an OK color. So is yellow, champagne, brown and even a slight greenish brown. Making anything stronger than 10 ppm is overkill for home silver and will ultimately result in more particles clumping and falling to the bottom.

Utopia Silver's commercial product is brownish and stays that way because the process they use is as similar to a home generator as a mousetrap is to starwars. And that description is more accurate than one might know.

The home process makes mostly ionic silver in pretty small particle sizes. The Utopia Silver commercial process literally atomizes the silver into ultra small particles and makes true colloidal silver that remains in a naturally suspended colloidal state.

oleander soup , "Naomi" <naomilh wrote:>> After my homemade silver sat for about 24 hrs. the gray color went away and it turned clear. The gray gunk had sunk to the bottom. So I guess that explains the gray color, but now I'm wondering why Utopia's bottled stuff is brownish and mine is clear.> > Also I think I remember reading that 'cooking' it longer than 1and1/2 hrs. (which I did) will increase the number of particles. Is that right? So will cooking it longer make more particles and make it stronger/better/more effective? If so, how long to 'cook' it to get it to its maximum effectiveness?> > But also I think I read it's not the number of particles but their size (smaller being better). > And the smaller the particles, the more particles there are likely to be; but, as well, the more color because of more light reflection? > > I guess basically what I'm really trying to think through is whether 'cooking' it longer makes it better/stronger/more effective and give myself a guide as to how much to take and when to quit the bottled stuff and depend on my own. > > But thinking about all this is hurting my little gray cells. Maybe it's just that there's too much controversy and differing opinions, and I read too many of them. Meanwhile, I'll just continue to glug certain amounts periodically during the day of whatever is this concoction I made. Unless anyone has a better idea, I'll just keep going 'by guess and by gosh' (I'm reminding myself of the way my mother used to give me directions when I asked her for a recipe)> > Any thots?> > Naomi>

Naomi

I have the Utopia generator too, and i did a double round of "cooking". When i measured with TDS meter, it was still 10ppm same as the first round. Of course TDS only measures the ionic silver in the solution and not the colloidal silver. Nevertheless, i think it indicates that it does not really matter if you cook it longer or not. I now just cook in one cycle and i do get a nice clear darker champage color.

Melly.

The theoretical limit for ionic silver concentration in water is somewhere around 25 ppm (a little less I think). It is difficult to generate a stable solution of ionic silver greater than 20 ppm and so most generate solutions in the 10 to 15 ppm range which is colorless. A TDS measurement of 10 ppm indicates an ionic silver concentration of around 20 ppm. Ionic silver greater than 25 ppm agglomerates into silver particles. It is those silver particles that give the solution the yellow color. Ionic silver is colorless. The darker the color, the larger the silver particles are. You do not want large silver particles. I would stop generation at the first sign of a yellow/champagne color.

- Steve

oleander soup oleander soup On Behalf Of Melly Bag

Monday, January 12, 2009 12:17 PM

oleander soup

Re: More silver questions

Naomi

I have the Utopia generator too, and i did a double round of " cooking " . When i measured with TDS meter, it was still 10ppm same as the first round. Of course TDS only measures the ionic silver in the solution and not the colloidal silver. Nevertheless, i think it indicates that it does not really matter if you cook it longer or not. I now just cook in one cycle and i do get a nice clear darker champage color.

Melly.

I agree with you almost completely. Home generators such as the Silver Bullet do result in some colloidal silver content and colloidal silver does result in color. The same is likely true of the Silver Puppy and SilverGen machines, both of which are very good.

True colloidal silver made by Utopia Silver has a decidely browish tinge and that is almost entirely due to the colloidal particles.

It is OK to have a small amount of particles that settle out and can be shaken and injested, but you certainly do not want a high content of agglomeration (clumping) in your silver.

If the mix starts to become cloudy or dark then you should stop. And I agree that anything over 20-25 ppm is too much.

oleander soup , "Norton, Steve" <stephen.norton wrote:>> > The theoretical limit for ionic silver concentration in water is> somewhere around 25 ppm (a little less I think). It is difficult to> generate a stable solution of ionic silver greater than 20 ppm and so> most generate solutions in the 10 to 15 ppm range which is colorless. A> TDS measurement of 10 ppm indicates an ionic silver concentration of> around 20 ppm. Ionic silver greater than 25 ppm agglomerates into silver> particles. It is those silver particles that give the solution the> yellow color. Ionic silver is colorless. The darker the color, the> larger the silver particles are. You do not want large silver particles.> I would stop generation at the first sign of a yellow/champagne color.> - Steve

Tony,I am considering purchasing the utopia generator. In your opinion, would it be okay to mix purchased utopia silver with home made silver to make it go further? Just a thought. I'm trying to make my $ go further. Thanks,Sean. Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T"Tony" Tue, 13 Jan 2009 02:06:30 -0000<oleander soup > Re: More silver questions I agree with you almost completely. Home generators such as the Silver Bullet do result in some colloidal silver content and colloidal silver does result in color. The same is likely true of the Silver Puppy and SilverGen machines, both of which are very good.True colloidal silver made by Utopia Silver has a decidely browish tinge and that is almost entirely due to the colloidal particles.It is OK to have a small amount of particles that settle out and can be shaken and injested, but you certainly do not want a high content of agglomeration (clumping) in your silver.If the mix starts to become cloudy or dark then you should stop. And I agree that anything over 20-25 ppm is too much.Tonyoleander soup , "Norton, Steve" <stephen.norton wrote:>> > The theoretical limit for ionic silver concentration in water is> somewhere around 25 ppm (a little less I think). It is difficult to> generate a stable solution of ionic silver greater than 20 ppm and so> most generate solutions in the 10 to 15 ppm range which is colorless. A> TDS measurement of 10 ppm indicates an ionic silver concentration of> around 20 ppm. Ionic silver greater than 25 ppm agglomerates into silver> particles. It is those silver particles that give the solution the> yellow color. Ionic silver is colorless. The darker the color, the> larger the silver particles are. You do not want large silver particles.> I would stop generation at the first sign of a yellow/champagne color.> - Steve

Perhaps I was too brief. There is nothing bad with yellow ionic silver. I use it up to a dark yellow. The larger silver particles in yellow solutions do not harm you but many are too large to pass through the intestinal wall and are useless. Keep them small and get full benefit from your ionic silver. There is no benefit to doing a double brew. You cannot increase the ionic silver past 25 ppm no how many time you brew it. None of my comments apply to Utopia colloidal silver which is another anima altogetherl. - Steve-oleander soup <oleander soup >oleander soup <oleander soup >Mon Jan 12 20:06:30 2009 Re: More silver questionsI agree with you almost completely. Home generators such as the Silver Bullet do result in some colloidal silver content and colloidal silver does result in color. The same is likely true of the Silver Puppy and SilverGen machines, both of which are very good.True colloidal silver made by Utopia Silver has a decidely browish tinge and that is almost entirely due to the colloidal particles.It is OK to have a small amount of particles that settle out and can be shaken and injested, but you certainly do not want a high content of agglomeration (clumping) in your silver.If the mix starts to become cloudy or dark then you should stop. And I agree that anything over 20-25 ppm is too much.Tonyoleander soup , " Norton, Steve " <stephen.norton wrote:>>> The theoretical limit for ionic silver concentration in water is> somewhere around 25 ppm (a little less I think). It is difficult to> generate a stable solution of ionic silver greater than 20 ppm and so> most generate solutions in the 10 to 15 ppm range which is colorless. A> TDS measurement of 10 ppm indicates an ionic silver concentration of> around 20 ppm. Ionic silver greater than 25 ppm agglomerates into silver> particles. It is those silver particles that give the solution the> yellow color. Ionic silver is colorless. The darker the color, the> larger the silver particles are. You do not want large silver particles.> I would stop generation at the first sign of a yellow/champagne color.> - Steve

Steve,

I think it depends on type of generator one uses. Got two. A silvergen which

registers 6 to 7 ppm when dial is put at 3o'clock position, is colorless and

cooks in 2 to 3 hours. The Utopia generator registers at 10 ppm with a champagne

color and cooks depending on setting of timer. The setting i used was the one

done by Utopia and it cooks around 3-4 hours.

I've ingested both solutions produced by above machines and found Utopia

generator product more potent and effective.

The Utopia advanced colloidal silver 20ppm beats both solutions. Was hoping my

utopia generator could produce close to the advanced cs, but nope, utopia uses a

much much more sophisticated and expensive machine.

Melly

Melly,Everything I said is correct. I have quite a lot of experience in the area. There is practically no difference between low voltage DC (LVDC) colloidal silver generators except convience features and price. People should use what ever one they like. I agree that the Utopia true colloidal silver is better for oral ingestion but not necessarily for topical applications.I make LVDC ionic silver as well as a different silver (not protein bound or a silver salt) that is probably as effective as the Utopia true colloidal silver.I am not trying to promote any silver generator. If you feel one silver generator is better than another then use it. - Steve-oleander soup <oleander soup >oleander soup <oleander soup >Mon Jan 12 21:18:33 2009 Re: More silver questionsSteve,I think it depends on type of generator one uses. Got two. A silvergen which registers 6 to 7 ppm when dial is put at 3o'clock position, is colorless and cooks in 2 to 3 hours. The Utopia generator registers at 10 ppm with a champagne color and cooks depending on setting of timer. The setting i used was the one done by Utopia and it cooks around 3-4 hours.I've ingested both solutions produced by above machines and found Utopia generator product more potent and effective.The Utopia advanced colloidal silver 20ppm beats both solutions. Was hoping my utopia generator could produce close to the advanced cs, but nope, utopia uses a much much more sophisticated and expensive machine.Melly

Out of curiousity Steve, what is the voltage of your generator?

oleander soup , "Norton, Steve" <stephen.norton wrote:>> Melly, > Everything I said is correct. I have quite a lot of experience in the area. There is practically no difference between low voltage DC (LVDC) colloidal silver generators except convience features and price.

I use 38 VDC. Voltage isn't as important as current density on the positive electrode. I use a fairly large electrode with a little over 1 ma per cubic inch on the electrode. - Steve-oleander soup <oleander soup >oleander soup <oleander soup >Tue Jan 13 00:14:22 2009 Re: More silver questionsOut of curiousity Steve, what is the voltage of your generator?Tonyoleander soup , " Norton, Steve " <stephen.norton wrote:>> Melly,> Everything I said is correct. I have quite a lot of experience in the area. There is practically no difference between low voltage DC (LVDC) colloidal silver generators except convience features and price.

Oops cubic -nch should be square inch-oleander soup <oleander soup >oleander soup <oleander soup >Tue Jan 13 00:25:02 2009Re: Re: More silver questionsI use 38 VDC. Voltage isn't as important as current density on the positive electrode. I use a fairly large electrode with a little over 1 ma per cubic inch on the electrode. - Steve-oleander soup <oleander soup >oleander soup <oleander soup >Tue Jan 13 00:14:22 2009 Re: More silver questionsOut of curiousity Steve, what is the voltage of your generator?Tonyoleander soup , " Norton, Steve " <stephen.norton wrote:>> Melly,> Everything I said is correct. I have quite a lot of experience in the area. There is practically no difference between low voltage DC (LVDC) colloidal silver generators except convience features and price.

One thing I would like to say is Utopia is possibly the best you can get and it is reasonably priced. Plus people get 24/7 support from you and on it. I think that makes it I bargain. It was not my intent to suggest otherwise. - Steve-oleander soup <oleander soup >oleander soup <oleander soup >Tue Jan 13 00:14:22 2009 Re: More silver questionsOut of curiousity Steve, what is the voltage of your generator?Tonyoleander soup , " Norton, Steve " <stephen.norton wrote:>> Melly,> Everything I said is correct. I have quite a lot of experience in the area. There is practically no difference between low voltage DC (LVDC) colloidal silver generators except convience features and price.

Tony,Steve,Melly,

What I still don't get is the relationship between color and colloidal content. Early in my 'cooking' process I noticed the solution turning brownish/goldish and later it turned gray. After sitting about 24 hrs it became clear with residue on bottom..

Questions:

1. Are you saying I ended up with ionic? Not colloidal? Should I have stopped 'cooking' while still brownish?

2. Are you saying the residue that sunk to the bottom is what you are calling agglomeration/clumping? Are you saying that and the gray color means I ruined it?

Naomi

-

Norton, Steve

oleander soup

Monday, January 12, 2009 7:06 PM

Re: Re: More silver questions

Perhaps I was too brief. There is nothing bad with yellow ionic silver. I use it up to a dark yellow. The larger silver particles in yellow solutions do not harm you but many are too large to pass through the intestinal wall and are useless. Keep them small and get full benefit from your ionic silver. There is no benefit to doing a double brew. You cannot increase the ionic silver past 25 ppm no how many time you brew it. None of my comments apply to Utopia colloidal silver which is another anima altogetherl. - Steve-oleander soup <oleander soup >oleander soup <oleander soup >Mon Jan 12 20:06:30 2009 Re: More silver questionsI agree with you almost completely. Home generators such as the Silver Bullet do result in some colloidal silver content and colloidal silver does result in color. The same is likely true of the Silver Puppy and SilverGen machines, both of which are very good.True colloidal silver made by Utopia Silver has a decidely browish tinge and that is almost entirely due to the colloidal particles.It is OK to have a small amount of particles that settle out and can be shaken and injested, but you certainly do not want a high content of agglomeration (clumping) in your silver.If the mix starts to become cloudy or dark then you should stop. And I agree that anything over 20-25 ppm is too much.Tonyoleander soup , "Norton, Steve" <stephen.norton wrote:>>> The theoretical limit for ionic silver concentration in water is> somewhere around 25 ppm (a little less I think). It is difficult to> generate a stable solution of ionic silver greater than 20 ppm and so> most generate solutions in the 10 to 15 ppm range which is colorless. A> TDS measurement of 10 ppm indicates an ionic silver concentration of> around 20 ppm. Ionic silver greater than 25 ppm agglomerates into silver> particles. It is those silver particles that give the solution the> yellow color. Ionic silver is colorless. The darker the color, the> larger the silver particles are. You do not want large silver particles.> I would stop generation at the first sign of a yellow/champagne color.> - Steve

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.6/1889 - Release 1/12/2009 8:18 PM

Naomi,What colloidal silver generator are you using? Are you using only distilled water in your generator? - Steve oleander soup oleander soup On Behalf Of NaomiTuesday, January 13, 2009 10:05 AMoleander soup Subject: Re: Re: More silver questions Tony,Steve,Melly, What I still don't get is the relationship between color and colloidal content. Early in my 'cooking' process I noticed the solution turning brownish/goldish and later it turned gray. After sitting about 24 hrs it became clear with residue on bottom.. Questions: 1. Are you saying I ended up with ionic? Not colloidal? Should I have stopped 'cooking' while still brownish? 2. Are you saying the residue that sunk to the bottom is what you are calling agglomeration/clumping? Are you saying that and the gray color means I ruined it? Naomi - Norton, Steve oleander soup Monday, January 12, 2009 7:06 PMRe: Re: More silver questionsPerhaps I was too brief. There is nothing bad with yellow ionic silver. I use it up to a dark yellow. The larger silver particles in yellow solutions do not harm you but many are too large to pass through the intestinal wall and are useless. Keep them small and get full benefit from your ionic silver. There is no benefit to doing a double brew. You cannot increase the ionic silver past 25 ppm no how many time you brew it. None of my comments apply to Utopia colloidal silver which is another anima altogetherl. - Steve-oleander soup <oleander soup >oleander soup <oleander soup >Mon Jan 12 20:06:30 2009 Re: More silver questionsI agree with you almost completely. Home generators such as the Silver Bullet do result in some colloidal silver content and colloidal silver does result in color. The same is likely true of the Silver Puppy and SilverGen machines, both of which are very good.True colloidal silver made by Utopia Silver has a decidely browish tinge and that is almost entirely due to the colloidal particles.It is OK to have a small amount of particles that settle out and can be shaken and injested, but you certainly do not want a high content of agglomeration (clumping) in your silver.If the mix starts to become cloudy or dark then you should stop. And I agree that anything over 20-25 ppm is too much.Tonyoleander soup , "Norton, Steve" <stephen.norton wrote:>>> The theoretical limit for ionic silver concentration in water is> somewhere around 25 ppm (a little less I think). It is difficult to> generate a stable solution of ionic silver greater than 20 ppm and so> most generate solutions in the 10 to 15 ppm range which is colorless. A> TDS measurement of 10 ppm indicates an ionic silver concentration of> around 20 ppm. Ionic silver greater than 25 ppm agglomerates into silver> particles. It is those silver particles that give the solution the> yellow color. Ionic silver is colorless. The darker the color, the> larger the silver particles are. You do not want large silver particles.> I would stop generation at the first sign of a yellow/champagne color.> - SteveChecked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.6/1889 - Release 1/12/2009 8:18 PM

Utopia generator and yes, distilled water

-

Norton, Steve

oleander soup

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:39 PM

RE: Re: More silver questions

Naomi,

What colloidal silver generator are you using? Are you using only distilled water in your generator?

- Steve

oleander soup oleander soup On Behalf Of NaomiTuesday, January 13, 2009 10:05 AMoleander soup Subject: Re: Re: More silver questions

Tony,Steve,Melly,

What I still don't get is the relationship between color and colloidal content. Early in my 'cooking' process I noticed the solution turning brownish/goldish and later it turned gray. After sitting about 24 hrs it became clear with residue on bottom..

Questions:

1. Are you saying I ended up with ionic? Not colloidal? Should I have stopped 'cooking' while still brownish?

2. Are you saying the residue that sunk to the bottom is what you are calling agglomeration/clumping? Are you saying that and the gray color means I ruined it?

Naomi

-

Norton, Steve

oleander soup

Perhaps I was too brief. There is nothing bad with yellow ionic silver. I use it up to a dark yellow. The larger silver particles in yellow solutions do not harm you but many are too large to pass through the intestinal wall and are useless. Keep them small and get full benefit from your ionic silver. There is no benefit to doing a double brew. You cannot increase the ionic silver past 25 ppm no how many time you brew it. None of my comments apply to Utopia colloidal silver which is another anima altogetherl. - Steve-oleander soup <oleander soup >oleander soup <oleander soup >Mon Jan 12 20:06:30 2009 Re: More silver questionsI agree with you almost completely. Home generators such as the Silver Bullet do result in some colloidal silver content and colloidal silver does result in color. The same is likely true of the Silver Puppy and SilverGen machines, both of which are very good.True colloidal silver made by Utopia Silver has a decidely browish tinge and that is almost entirely due to the colloidal particles.It is OK to have a small amount of particles that settle out and can be shaken and injested, but you certainly do not want a high content of agglomeration (clumping) in your silver.If the mix starts to become cloudy or dark then you should stop. And I agree that anything over 20-25 ppm is too much.Tonyoleander soup , "Norton, Steve" <stephen.norton wrote:>>> The theoretical limit for ionic silver concentration in water is> somewhere around 25 ppm (a little less I think). It is difficult to> generate a stable solution of ionic silver greater than 20 ppm and so> most generate solutions in the 10 to 15 ppm range which is colorless. A> TDS measurement of 10 ppm indicates an ionic silver concentration of> around 20 ppm. Ionic silver greater than 25 ppm agglomerates into silver> particles. It is those silver particles that give the solution the> yellow color. Ionic silver is colorless. The darker the color, the> larger the silver particles are. You do not want large silver particles.> I would stop generation at the first sign of a yellow/champagne color.> - Steve

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.6/1889 - Release 1/12/2009 8:18 PM

Was the residue on the bottom black or grey? How long did it brew overall? When you say "Early in my 'cooking' process", how long after the start of the process did you see the brownish/goldish color? - Steveoleander soup oleander soup On Behalf Of NaomiTuesday, January 13, 2009 3:58 PMoleander soup Subject: Re: Re: More silver questions Utopia generator and yes, distilled water - Norton, Steve oleander soup Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:39 PMRE: Re: More silver questions Naomi,What colloidal silver generator are you using? Are you using only distilled water in your generator? - Steve oleander soup oleander soup On Behalf Of NaomiTuesday, January 13, 2009 10:05 AMoleander soup Subject: Re: Re: More silver questions Tony,Steve,Melly, What I still don't get is the relationship between color and colloidal content. Early in my 'cooking' process I noticed the solution turning brownish/goldish and later it turned gray. After sitting about 24 hrs it became clear with residue on bottom.. Questions: 1. Are you saying I ended up with ionic? Not colloidal? Should I have stopped 'cooking' while still brownish? 2. Are you saying the residue that sunk to the bottom is what you are calling agglomeration/clumping? Are you saying that and the gray color means I ruined it? Naomi - Norton, Steve oleander soup Monday, January 12, 2009 7:06 PMRe: Re: More silver questionsPerhaps I was too brief. There is nothing bad with yellow ionic silver. I use it up to a dark yellow. The larger silver particles in yellow solutions do not harm you but many are too large to pass through the intestinal wall and are useless. Keep them small and get full benefit from your ionic silver. There is no benefit to doing a double brew. You cannot increase the ionic silver past 25 ppm no how many time you brew it. None of my comments apply to Utopia colloidal silver which is another anima altogetherl. - Steve-oleander soup <oleander soup >oleander soup <oleander soup >Mon Jan 12 20:06:30 2009 Re: More silver questionsI agree with you almost completely. Home generators such as the Silver Bullet do result in some colloidal silver content and colloidal silver does result in color. The same is likely true of the Silver Puppy and SilverGen machines, both of which are very good.True colloidal silver made by Utopia Silver has a decidely browish tinge and that is almost entirely due to the colloidal particles.It is OK to have a small amount of particles that settle out and can be shaken and injested, but you certainly do not want a high content of agglomeration (clumping) in your silver.If the mix starts to become cloudy or dark then you should stop. And I agree that anything over 20-25 ppm is too much.Tonyoleander soup , "Norton, Steve" <stephen.norton wrote:>>> The theoretical limit for ionic silver concentration in water is> somewhere around 25 ppm (a little less I think). It is difficult to> generate a stable solution of ionic silver greater than 20 ppm and so> most generate solutions in the 10 to 15 ppm range which is colorless. A> TDS measurement of 10 ppm indicates an ionic silver concentration of> around 20 ppm. Ionic silver greater than 25 ppm agglomerates into silver> particles. It is those silver particles that give the solution the> yellow color. Ionic silver is colorless. The darker the color, the> larger the silver particles are. You do not want large silver particles.> I would stop generation at the first sign of a yellow/champagne color.> - SteveChecked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.6/1889 - Release 1/12/2009 8:18 PMChecked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.6/1889 - Release 1/12/2009 8:18 PM

Residue was black. I'm not sure how long it brewed overall. I was trying to use the timer Ben sent me - too confusing and gave that up. I 'cooked' it about 1 1/2 hr. Then I let it cool for 1/2hr , as per the written instructions. But then I turned it back on and don't know for how long. I'd guess overall it might have cooked for about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs.

When I saw the brownish color it had covered about 1/2 the solution. I'm guessing that might have been after 1 hr 'cooking'.

-

Norton, Steve

oleander soup

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 4:22 PM

Was the residue on the bottom black or grey? How long did it brew overall? When you say "Early in my 'cooking' process", how long after the start of the process did you see the brownish/goldish color?

- Steve

oleander soup oleander soup On Behalf Of NaomiTuesday, January 13, 2009 3:58 PMoleander soup Subject: Re: Re: More silver questions

Utopia generator and yes, distilled water

-

Norton, Steve

oleander soup

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:39 PM

Naomi,

What colloidal silver generator are you using? Are you using only distilled water in your generator?

- Steve

oleander soup oleander soup On Behalf Of NaomiTuesday, January 13, 2009 10:05 AMoleander soup Subject: Re: Re: More silver questions

Tony,Steve,Melly,

Questions:

Naomi

-

Norton, Steve

oleander soup

Naomi,You should not be able to see a brownish/goldish color 1 hour into the cooking unless your water is contaminated. Sometimes the distilled water isn't really pure or sometimes a person has left cleaning residues on the container.However if the residue had been grey, I would have guessed that the silver has plated out due to contanimated water. But a black residue is just silver oxide that forms on the negative electrode and is harmless. You can filter it out or just gently pour out the CS leaving the silver oxide behind.The color mentioned in the previous messages would not go away after 24 hours. Although adding a couple of drops of H2O2 to a yellow solution often unclumps agglomerated silver ions and turns the solution clear again after about 24 hours. I assume you did not add H2O2 to the CS.I think that there is nothing wrong with your colloidal silver. - Steve-oleander soup <oleander soup >oleander soup <oleander soup >Tue Jan 13 19:14:54 2009Re: Re: More silver questionsResidue was black. I'm not sure how long it brewed overall. I was trying to use the timer Ben sent me - too confusing and gave that up. I 'cooked' it about 1 1/2 hr. Then I let it cool for 1/2hr , as per the written instructions. But then I turned it back on and don't know for how long. I'd guess overall it might have cooked for about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs.When I saw the brownish color it had covered about 1/2 the solution. I'm guessing that might have been after 1 hr 'cooking'. - Norton, Steve <stephen.norton oleander soup <oleander soup > Tuesday, January 13, 2009 4:22 PM RE: Re: More silver questions  Was the residue on the bottom black or grey? How long did it brew overall? When you say " Early in my 'cooking' process " , how long after the start of the process did you see the brownish/goldish color? - Steve________________________________ oleander soup <oleander soup > oleander soup On Behalf Of Naomi Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:58 PM oleander soup Re: Re: More silver questions  Utopia generator and yes, distilled water - Norton, Steve <stephen.norton oleander soup <oleander soup > Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:39 PM RE: Re: More silver questions  Naomi, What colloidal silver generator are you using? Are you using only distilled water in your generator? - Steve________________________________ oleander soup <oleander soup > oleander soup On Behalf Of Naomi Tuesday, January 13, 2009 10:05 AM oleander soup <oleander soup > Re: Re: More silver questions  Tony,Steve,Melly, What I still don't get is the relationship between color and colloidal content. Early in my 'cooking' process I noticed the solution turning brownish/goldish and later it turned gray. After sitting about 24 hrs it became clear with residue on bottom.. Questions: 1. Are you saying I ended up with ionic? Not colloidal? Should I have stopped 'cooking' while still brownish? 2. Are you saying the residue that sunk to the bottom is what you are calling agglomeration/clumping? Are you saying that and the gray color means I ruined it? Naomi - Norton, Steve <stephen.norton oleander soup <oleander soup > Monday, January 12, 2009 7:06 PM Re: Re: More silver questions Perhaps I was too brief. There is nothing bad with yellow ionic silver. I use it up to a dark yellow. The larger silver particles in yellow solutions do not harm you but many are too large to pass through the intestinal wall and are useless. Keep them small and get full benefit from your ionic silver. There is no benefit to doing a double brew. You cannot increase the ionic silver past 25 ppm no how many time you brew it. None of my comments apply to Utopia colloidal silver which is another anima altogetherl. - Steve - oleander soup <oleander soup > oleander soup <oleander soup > Mon Jan 12 20:06:30 2009 Re: More silver questions I agree with you almost completely. Home generators such as the Silver Bullet do result in some colloidal silver content and colloidal silver does result in color. The same is likely true of the Silver Puppy and SilverGen machines, both of which are very good. True colloidal silver made by Utopia Silver has a decidely browish tinge and that is almost entirely due to the colloidal particles. It is OK to have a small amount of particles that settle out and can be shaken and injested, but you certainly do not want a high content of agglomeration (clumping) in your silver. If the mix starts to become cloudy or dark then you should stop. And I agree that anything over 20-25 ppm is too much. Tony oleander soup , " Norton, Steve " <stephen.norton wrote: > > > The theoretical limit for ionic silver concentration in water is > somewhere around 25 ppm (a little less I think). It is difficult to > generate a stable solution of ionic silver greater than 20 ppm and so > most generate solutions in the 10 to 15 ppm range which is colorless. A > TDS measurement of 10 ppm indicates an ionic silver concentration of > around 20 ppm. Ionic silver greater than 25 ppm agglomerates into silver > particles. It is those silver particles that give the solution the > yellow color. Ionic silver is colorless. The darker the color, the > larger the silver particles are. You do not want large silver particles. > I would stop generation at the first sign of a yellow/champagne color. > - Steve ________________________________ Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.6/1889 - Release 1/12/2009 8:18 PM ________________________________ Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.6/1889 - Release 1/12/2009 8:18 PM ________________________________ Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.6/1889 - Release 1/12/2009 8:18 PM

My distilled water should be ok. I make it in my own distiller. And I did pour it off the residue. I did not use H2O2. But what I'm wondering is now that it's clear do I have colloidal silver or ionic silver? Did I 'cook' it too long and turn colloidal into ionic? Should I have stopped 'cooking it when it turned brownish?

Naomi

-

Norton, Steve

oleander soup

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 5:37 PM

Naomi,You should not be able to see a brownish/goldish color 1 hour into the cooking unless your water is contaminated. Sometimes the distilled water isn't really pure or sometimes a person has left cleaning residues on the container.However if the residue had been grey, I would have guessed that the silver has plated out due to contanimated water. But a black residue is just silver oxide that forms on the negative electrode and is harmless. You can filter it out or just gently pour out the CS leaving the silver oxide behind.The color mentioned in the previous messages would not go away after 24 hours. Although adding a couple of drops of H2O2 to a yellow solution often unclumps agglomerated silver ions and turns the solution clear again after about 24 hours. I assume you did not add H2O2 to the CS.I think that there is nothing wrong with your colloidal silver. - Steve-oleander soup <oleander soup >oleander soup <oleander soup >Tue Jan 13 19:14:54 2009Re: Re: More silver questionsResidue was black. I'm not sure how long it brewed overall. I was trying to use the timer Ben sent me - too confusing and gave that up. I 'cooked' it about 1 1/2 hr. Then I let it cool for 1/2hr , as per the written instructions. But then I turned it back on and don't know for how long. I'd guess overall it might have cooked for about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs.When I saw the brownish color it had covered about 1/2 the solution. I'm guessing that might have been after 1 hr 'cooking'. - Norton, Steve <stephen.norton (AT) ngc (DOT) com> oleander soup <oleander soup > Tuesday, January 13, 2009 4:22 PM RE: Re: More silver questions  Was the residue on the bottom black or grey? How long did it brew overall? When you say "Early in my 'cooking' process", how long after the start of the process did you see the brownish/goldish color? - Steve________________________________ oleander soup <oleander soup > oleander soup On Behalf Of Naomi Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:58 PM oleander soup Re: Re: More silver questions  Utopia generator and yes, distilled water - Norton, Steve <stephen.norton (AT) ngc (DOT) com> oleander soup <oleander soup > Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:39 PM RE: Re: More silver questions  Naomi, What colloidal silver generator are you using? Are you using only distilled water in your generator? - Steve________________________________ oleander soup <oleander soup > oleander soup On Behalf Of Naomi Tuesday, January 13, 2009 10:05 AM oleander soup <oleander soup > Re: Re: More silver questions  Tony,Steve,Melly, What I still don't get is the relationship between color and colloidal content. Early in my 'cooking' process I noticed the solution turning brownish/goldish and later it turned gray. After sitting about 24 hrs it became clear with residue on bottom.. Questions: 1. Are you saying I ended up with ionic? Not colloidal? Should I have stopped 'cooking' while still brownish? 2. Are you saying the residue that sunk to the bottom is what you are calling agglomeration/clumping? Are you saying that and the gray color means I ruined it? Naomi - Norton, Steve <stephen.norton (AT) ngc (DOT) com> oleander soup <oleander soup > Monday, January 12, 2009 7:06 PM Re: Re: More silver questions Perhaps I was too brief. There is nothing bad with yellow ionic silver. I use it up to a dark yellow. The larger silver particles in yellow solutions do not harm you but many are too large to pass through the intestinal wall and are useless. Keep them small and get full benefit from your ionic silver. There is no benefit to doing a double brew. You cannot increase the ionic silver past 25 ppm no how many time you brew it. None of my comments apply to Utopia colloidal silver which is another anima altogetherl. - Steve - oleander soup <oleander soup > oleander soup <oleander soup > Mon Jan 12 20:06:30 2009 Re: More silver questions I agree with you almost completely. Home generators such as the Silver Bullet do result in some colloidal silver content and colloidal silver does result in color. The same is likely true of the Silver Puppy and SilverGen machines, both of which are very good. True colloidal silver made by Utopia Silver has a decidely browish tinge and that is almost entirely due to the colloidal particles. It is OK to have a small amount of particles that settle out and can be shaken and injested, but you certainly do not want a high content of agglomeration (clumping) in your silver. If the mix starts to become cloudy or dark then you should stop. And I agree that anything over 20-25 ppm is too much. Tony oleander soup , "Norton, Steve" <stephen.norton wrote: > > > The theoretical limit for ionic silver concentration in water is > somewhere around 25 ppm (a little less I think). It is difficult to > generate a stable solution of ionic silver greater than 20 ppm and so > most generate solutions in the 10 to 15 ppm range which is colorless. A > TDS measurement of 10 ppm indicates an ionic silver concentration of > around 20 ppm. Ionic silver greater than 25 ppm agglomerates into silver > particles. It is those silver particles that give the solution the > yellow color. Ionic silver is colorless. The darker the color, the > larger the silver particles are. You do not want large silver particles. > I would stop generation at the first sign of a yellow/champagne color. > - Steve ________________________________ Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.6/1889 - Release 1/12/2009 8:18 PM ________________________________ Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.6/1889 - Release 1/12/2009 8:18 PM ________________________________ Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.6/1889 - Release 1/12/2009 8:18 PM

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.7/1892 - Release 1/13/2009 8:04 PM

I think you did nothing wronk in making your CS. BTW, if you live in an area where radon gas is a problem you may have to distill your water more than once.All low voltage DC colloidal silver generators make a combination of ionic and colloidal silver. How much is colloidal is dependent somewhat on the generator but 10 to 20 percent colloidal is a common range. - Steve-oleander soup <oleander soup >oleander soup <oleander soup >Tue Jan 13 20:39:31 2009Re: Re: More silver questionsMy distilled water should be ok. I make it in my own distiller. And I did pour it off the residue. I did not use H2O2. But what I'm wondering is now that it's clear do I have colloidal silver or ionic silver? Did I 'cook' it too long and turn colloidal into ionic? Should I have stopped 'cooking it when it turned brownish?Naomi - Norton, Steve <stephen.norton oleander soup <oleander soup > Tuesday, January 13, 2009 5:37 PM Re: Re: More silver questions Naomi, You should not be able to see a brownish/goldish color 1 hour into the cooking unless your water is contaminated. Sometimes the distilled water isn't really pure or sometimes a person has left cleaning residues on the container. However if the residue had been grey, I would have guessed that the silver has plated out due to contanimated water. But a black residue is just silver oxide that forms on the negative electrode and is harmless. You can filter it out or just gently pour out the CS leaving the silver oxide behind. The color mentioned in the previous messages would not go away after 24 hours. Although adding a couple of drops of H2O2 to a yellow solution often unclumps agglomerated silver ions and turns the solution clear again after about 24 hours. I assume you did not add H2O2 to the CS. I think that there is nothing wrong with your colloidal silver. - Steve - oleander soup <oleander soup > oleander soup <oleander soup > Tue Jan 13 19:14:54 2009 Re: Re: More silver questions  Residue was black. I'm not sure how long it brewed overall. I was trying to use the timer Ben sent me - too confusing and gave that up. I 'cooked' it about 1 1/2 hr. Then I let it cool for 1/2hr , as per the written instructions. But then I turned it back on and don't know for how long. I'd guess overall it might have cooked for about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs. When I saw the brownish color it had covered about 1/2 the solution. I'm guessing that might have been after 1 hr 'cooking'. - Norton, Steve <stephen.norton > > oleander soup <oleander soup > > Tuesday, January 13, 2009 4:22 PM RE: Re: More silver questions  Was the residue on the bottom black or grey? How long did it brew overall? When you say " Early in my 'cooking' process " , how long after the start of the process did you see the brownish/goldish color? - Steve ________________________________ oleander soup <oleander soup > > [oleander soup <oleander soup > ] On Behalf Of Naomi Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:58 PM oleander soup Re: Re: More silver questions  Utopia generator and yes, distilled water - Norton, Steve <stephen.norton > > oleander soup <oleander soup > > Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:39 PM RE: Re: More silver questions  Naomi, What colloidal silver generator are you using? Are you using only distilled water in your generator? - Steve ________________________________ oleander soup <oleander soup > > [oleander soup <oleander soup > ] On Behalf Of Naomi Tuesday, January 13, 2009 10:05 AM oleander soup <oleander soup > > Re: Re: More silver questions  Tony,Steve,Melly, What I still don't get is the relationship between color and colloidal content. Early in my 'cooking' process I noticed the solution turning brownish/goldish and later it turned gray. After sitting about 24 hrs it became clear with residue on bottom.. Questions: 1. Are you saying I ended up with ionic? Not colloidal? Should I have stopped 'cooking' while still brownish? 2. Are you saying the residue that sunk to the bottom is what you are calling agglomeration/clumping? Are you saying that and the gray color means I ruined it? Naomi - Norton, Steve <stephen.norton > > oleander soup <oleander soup > > Monday, January 12, 2009 7:06 PM Re: Re: More silver questions Perhaps I was too brief. There is nothing bad with yellow ionic silver. I use it up to a dark yellow. The larger silver particles in yellow solutions do not harm you but many are too large to pass through the intestinal wall and are useless. Keep them small and get full benefit from your ionic silver. There is no benefit to doing a double brew. You cannot increase the ionic silver past 25 ppm no how many time you brew it. None of my comments apply to Utopia colloidal silver which is another anima altogetherl. - Steve - oleander soup <oleander soup > oleander soup <oleander soup > Mon Jan 12 20:06:30 2009 Re: More silver questions I agree with you almost completely. Home generators such as the Silver Bullet do result in some colloidal silver content and colloidal silver does result in color. The same is likely true of the Silver Puppy and SilverGen machines, both of which are very good. True colloidal silver made by Utopia Silver has a decidely browish tinge and that is almost entirely due to the colloidal particles. It is OK to have a small amount of particles that settle out and can be shaken and injested, but you certainly do not want a high content of agglomeration (clumping) in your silver. If the mix starts to become cloudy or dark then you should stop. And I agree that anything over 20-25 ppm is too much. Tony oleander soup , " Norton, Steve " <stephen.norton wrote: > > > The theoretical limit for ionic silver concentration in water is > somewhere around 25 ppm (a little less I think). It is difficult to > generate a stable solution of ionic silver greater than 20 ppm and so > most generate solutions in the 10 to 15 ppm range which is colorless. A > TDS measurement of 10 ppm indicates an ionic silver concentration of > around 20 ppm. Ionic silver greater than 25 ppm agglomerates into silver > particles. It is those silver particles that give the solution the > yellow color. Ionic silver is colorless. The darker the color, the > larger the silver particles are. You do not want large silver particles. > I would stop generation at the first sign of a yellow/champagne color. > - Steve ________________________________ Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com> Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.6/1889 - Release 1/12/2009 8:18 PM ________________________________ Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com> Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.6/1889 - Release 1/12/2009 8:18 PM ________________________________ Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com> Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.6/1889 - Release 1/12/2009 8:18 PM ________________________________ Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.7/1892 - Release 1/13/2009 8:04 PM

That's reasuring. Thanks. But how does the amount of time 'cooked' change the finished product?

Naomi

-

Norton, Steve

oleander soup

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 6:49 PM

I think you did nothing wronk in making your CS. BTW, if you live in an area where radon gas is a problem you may have to distill your water more than once.All low voltage DC colloidal silver generators make a combination of ionic and colloidal silver. How much is colloidal is dependent somewhat on the generator but 10 to 20 percent colloidal is a common range. - Steve-oleander soup <oleander soup >oleander soup <oleander soup >Tue Jan 13 20:39:31 2009Re: Re: More silver questionsMy distilled water should be ok. I make it in my own distiller. And I did pour it off the residue. I did not use H2O2. But what I'm wondering is now that it's clear do I have colloidal silver or ionic silver? Did I 'cook' it too long and turn colloidal into ionic? Should I have stopped 'cooking it when it turned brownish?Naomi - Norton, Steve <stephen.norton (AT) ngc (DOT) com> oleander soup <oleander soup > Tuesday, January 13, 2009 5:37 PM Re: Re: More silver questions Naomi, You should not be able to see a brownish/goldish color 1 hour into the cooking unless your water is contaminated. Sometimes the distilled water isn't really pure or sometimes a person has left cleaning residues on the container. However if the residue had been grey, I would have guessed that the silver has plated out due to contanimated water. But a black residue is just silver oxide that forms on the negative electrode and is harmless. You can filter it out or just gently pour out the CS leaving the silver oxide behind. The color mentioned in the previous messages would not go away after 24 hours. Although adding a couple of drops of H2O2 to a yellow solution often unclumps agglomerated silver ions and turns the solution clear again after about 24 hours. I assume you did not add H2O2 to the CS. I think that there is nothing wrong with your colloidal silver. - Steve - oleander soup <oleander soup > oleander soup <oleander soup > Tue Jan 13 19:14:54 2009 Re: Re: More silver questions  Residue was black. I'm not sure how long it brewed overall. I was trying to use the timer Ben sent me - too confusing and gave that up. I 'cooked' it about 1 1/2 hr. Then I let it cool for 1/2hr , as per the written instructions. But then I turned it back on and don't know for how long. I'd guess overall it might have cooked for about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs. When I saw the brownish color it had covered about 1/2 the solution. I'm guessing that might have been after 1 hr 'cooking'. - Norton, Steve <stephen.norton (AT) ngc (DOT) com > > oleander soup <oleander soup > > Tuesday, January 13, 2009 4:22 PM RE: Re: More silver questions  Was the residue on the bottom black or grey? How long did it brew overall? When you say "Early in my 'cooking' process", how long after the start of the process did you see the brownish/goldish color? - Steve ________________________________ oleander soup <oleander soup > > [oleander soup <oleander soup > ] On Behalf Of Naomi Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:58 PM oleander soup Re: Re: More silver questions  Utopia generator and yes, distilled water - Norton, Steve <stephen.norton (AT) ngc (DOT) com > > oleander soup <oleander soup > > Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:39 PM RE: Re: More silver questions  Naomi, What colloidal silver generator are you using? Are you using only distilled water in your generator? - Steve ________________________________ oleander soup <oleander soup > > [oleander soup <oleander soup > ] On Behalf Of Naomi Tuesday, January 13, 2009 10:05 AM oleander soup <oleander soup > > Re: Re: More silver questions  Tony,Steve,Melly, What I still don't get is the relationship between color and colloidal content. Early in my 'cooking' process I noticed the solution turning brownish/goldish and later it turned gray. After sitting about 24 hrs it became clear with residue on bottom.. Questions: 1. Are you saying I ended up with ionic? Not colloidal? Should I have stopped 'cooking' while still brownish? 2. Are you saying the residue that sunk to the bottom is what you are calling agglomeration/clumping? Are you saying that and the gray color means I ruined it? Naomi - Norton, Steve <stephen.norton (AT) ngc (DOT) com > > oleander soup <oleander soup > > Monday, January 12, 2009 7:06 PM Re: Re: More silver questions Perhaps I was too brief. There is nothing bad with yellow ionic silver. I use it up to a dark yellow. The larger silver particles in yellow solutions do not harm you but many are too large to pass through the intestinal wall and are useless. Keep them small and get full benefit from your ionic silver. There is no benefit to doing a double brew. You cannot increase the ionic silver past 25 ppm no how many time you brew it. None of my comments apply to Utopia colloidal silver which is another anima altogetherl. - Steve - oleander soup <oleander soup > oleander soup <oleander soup > Mon Jan 12 20:06:30 2009 Re: More silver questions I agree with you almost completely. Home generators such as the Silver Bullet do result in some colloidal silver content and colloidal silver does result in color. The same is likely true of the Silver Puppy and SilverGen machines, both of which are very good. True colloidal silver made by Utopia Silver has a decidely browish tinge and that is almost entirely due to the colloidal particles. It is OK to have a small amount of particles that settle out and can be shaken and injested, but you certainly do not want a high content of agglomeration (clumping) in your silver. If the mix starts to become cloudy or dark then you should stop. And I agree that anything over 20-25 ppm is too much. Tony oleander soup , "Norton, Steve" <stephen.norton wrote: > > > The theoretical limit for ionic silver concentration in water is > somewhere around 25 ppm (a little less I think). It is difficult to > generate a stable solution of ionic silver greater than 20 ppm and so > most generate solutions in the 10 to 15 ppm range which is colorless. A > TDS measurement of 10 ppm indicates an ionic silver concentration of > around 20 ppm. Ionic silver greater than 25 ppm agglomerates into silver > particles. It is those silver particles that give the solution the > yellow color. Ionic silver is colorless. The darker the color, the > larger the silver particles are. You do not want large silver particles. > I would stop generation at the first sign of a yellow/champagne color. > - Steve ________________________________ Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com> Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.6/1889 - Release 1/12/2009 8:18 PM ________________________________ Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com> Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.6/1889 - Release 1/12/2009 8:18 PM ________________________________ Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com> Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.6/1889 - Release 1/12/2009 8:18 PM ________________________________ Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.7/1892 - Release 1/13/2009 8:04 PM

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.7/1892 - Release 1/13/2009 8:04 PM

Yeah, Utopia is good with helping its customers. The owner himself, Ben Taylor,

answered my email and even called me on my cell to help me with technical

support questions. Great guy and their staff are friendly too and accommodating.

Melly

Naomi,

All LVDC colloidal silver generators create only silver ions (even at 48 volts). The silver particles in the ionic solution are created by silver ions colliding and then bonding together forming a silver particle. Since each silver ion has a positive charge, individual silver ions repel other silver ions and that is how the ionic silver creates a stable suspension and the silver does not precipitate out. There are primarily two factors that cause silver ions to collide. The first is in the area close to the positive electrode where fast moving silver ions are coming off the positive electrode and they bump into silver ions that are just sitting suspended in the water. The second is caused by overcrowding of silver ions in the water where silver ions are forced close enough to another suspended silver ion to cause them to bond, or clump. There is a maximum number of silver ions that can remain in suspension without causing this kind clumping and that is around 20 to 25 ppm.

Once you have reached the 20 to 25 ppm concentration level, additional silver ions that are generated simply provide further clumping but the overall number of silver ions remains at 20 to 25 ppm. You may think that this is good if your goal is to have a higher percentage of silver particles in the silver solution but it is not. Rather than just get more small clumps of silver, you get larger clumps of silver. And you do not want large silver particles.

The size of the silver particles formed can be roughly determined by the color of the solution. Ionic silver and very small particles will be clear. A yellow color indicates silver particles that are predominately in the 40 nm diameter range. As a comparison, Utopia Advanced Silver is less than 1 nm in size. The yellow color does not mean that the CS is not good. The CS will still contain particles less than 40 nm diameter and particles that are large enough to be undesirable are not able to pass through the intestinal wall and are harmlessly passed out of the body.

As particles get larger, you will see a progressive change in the color of the solution from yellow to orange/brown to red etc. So the point is that continued brewing reduces the number of particles that are the smallest in size and the most beneficial.

- Steve

oleander soup oleander soup On Behalf Of NaomiWednesday, January 14, 2009 9:06 AMoleander soup Subject: Re: Re: More silver questions

That's reasuring. Thanks. But how does the amount of time 'cooked' change the finished product?

Naomi

Wow, I think I'm getting lost here. I'm assuming you mean it's best to stop 'cooking' while it still has yellow/brown color? My continued 'cooking' turned it gray and after that 'sat' it became clear. So I gather I 'cooked' it longer than I should have and made it less effective than it might be.

Correct?

Naomi

-

Norton, Steve

oleander soup

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 1:00 PM

Naomi,

All LVDC colloidal silver generators create only silver ions (even at 48 volts). The silver particles in the ionic solution are created by silver ions colliding and then bonding together forming a silver particle. Since each silver ion has a positive charge, individual silver ions repel other silver ions and that is how the ionic silver creates a stable suspension and the silver does not precipitate out. There are primarily two factors that cause silver ions to collide. The first is in the area close to the positive electrode where fast moving silver ions are coming off the positive electrode and they bump into silver ions that are just sitting suspended in the water. The second is caused by overcrowding of silver ions in the water where silver ions are forced close enough to another suspended silver ion to cause them to bond, or clump. There is a maximum number of silver ions that can remain in suspension without causing this kind clumping and that is around 20 to 25 ppm.

Once you have reached the 20 to 25 ppm concentration level, additional silver ions that are generated simply provide further clumping but the overall number of silver ions remains at 20 to 25 ppm. You may think that this is good if your goal is to have a higher percentage of silver particles in the silver solution but it is not. Rather than just get more small clumps of silver, you get larger clumps of silver. And you do not want large silver particles.

The size of the silver particles formed can be roughly determined by the color of the solution. Ionic silver and very small particles will be clear. A yellow color indicates silver particles that are predominately in the 40 nm diameter range. As a comparison, Utopia Advanced Silver is less than 1 nm in size. The yellow color does not mean that the CS is not good. The CS will still contain particles less than 40 nm diameter and particles that are large enough to be undesirable are not able to pass through the intestinal wall and are harmlessly passed out of the body.

As particles get larger, you will see a progressive change in the color of the solution from yellow to orange/brown to red etc. So the point is that continued brewing reduces the number of particles that are the smallest in size and the most beneficial.

- Steve

oleander soup oleander soup On Behalf Of NaomiWednesday, January 14, 2009 9:06 AMoleander soup Subject: Re: Re: More silver questions

Naomi