IndiaDivine.org

An Ahimsa ThanXtgiving Fast - 2004

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you, Fidyl ;=)

For those who don't know, this is an annual posting to this list from a member

who has, as you see, several groups ;=) I recommend SoFlaVegans as an

excellent list of more an annoucement kind than discussion, although

discussion is not discouraged. I have been on it, in one identity or another for

some considerable time now. I'm addicted!

And so members here will understand that Fidyl and I have a happy

arrangement over these postings, I assure you that I just reciprocated to one

of her lists with invitations to join mine ;=)

Anyway, fasting is said to be healthy for those who can do it - and it's

certainly

healthy for the turkeys!

Remember, adopt a turkey if you are where you can do so. Otherwise, a

contribution to your local humane society or farm animal rescue organization

wouldn't come amiss ;=)

Now, back to our regular programming . . .

Best,

Pat ;=)

Hello Dear One

it really moved me.thanks being in this world and

bringing good energy.i will try to fast with you if

some reason if didnot, i will pray and be part of your

pray, and tell peole about this post.

In light as light

Briksha

Check out the new Front Page.

www.

Being British - I do not celebrate Thanksgiving. I guess most vegans

celebrate with a vegan feast. Surely fasting is celebrating the event

anyway. It might just be better to ignore the whole thing. Why do you want

everyone else to join you in a fast? Do you think the rest of America will

notice if you fast?

Jo

[NOTE: Approved by list owner greenfury2004 pursuant to a special arrangement

with fidyl.]

An Ahimsa ThanXgiving Fast - 2004

Namaste

Oh, no! Here it comes again! Those dreaded holidays where Vegans

waffle between:

A) Going to a family get-together and literally suffer through hours

of staring at dead carcasses, watching as others gulp down – not

chewing – these abused souls,

B) Going to a family get-together and endure all those not so casual

comments about anti-Veganism,

C) Not going to these gatherings and trying to arrange a dinner for

like-minded folks,

D) Not going to these gatherings and staying by themselves with their

Tofurkeys,

E) Not going to these gatherings and wondering if we hurt the

feelings of unconcerned/uncaring humans,

F) Not going to the dinners, but arriving afterwards for " dessert "

G) Not going to these gatherings and fasting.

That's right! I said FASTING.

I will be fasting this ThanXgiving again - this has been a tradition

since 1998.

I hope some list members will be joining me on this day of torture,

death, greed, selfishness and debauchery by doing the same.

My fast is in HONOR/REMEMBERENCE/REVERENCE of the MILLIONS of animals

that are tortured and abused, then slaughtered just for this one (1)

day alone in the U.S.

I am not discussing one (1) day fasts. My fasts run from Wednesday

until Sunday.

Fasting achieves numerous benefits. It is a wonderful way to clean

out the body as far as health is concerned.

Spiritually, it also cleanses the soul.

Originally, fasting was used to 'get closer to the higher being.'

It was also used to rid sick bodies of diseases. This was copied from

watching animals when they are ill. They either eat greens or nothing

at all.

Modern times has shown fasting to be a form of protest.

Gandhi also used fasting to bring his point across.

My fasting tradition has came about when I could no longer go to

family gatherings for this 'holiday' and sit around a table infested

with dead carcass and by-products.

Even the 'religious' holidays were laughable as we traipsed to our

building of worship only to march back to a home full of death,

abuse and chemical irresponsibility.

I have had numerous opportunities to join like-minded folks for a

holiday feast, but prefer to not look upon this holiday as a festive

occasion. Why? Because it also represents false facts throughout

American history. Native Americans were thwarted into slavery and

near-annihilitation by the 'white man' in the name of 'god.' Recent

findings are coming out that there was no turkey - or even any kind

of 'meat' - at the dinner; only fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains.

Then, back to modern times, it always bothered me that after these

dinners, the male attendees would gather together in front of a

television set to watch the bloodsport known as 'football,' leaving

the women (slaves again to the 'white man') to clean up and watch

after the children.

You are invited and welcome to join my discussion list:

SoFlaVegans/

Starting next week there will appear articles, information and guides

about the history and hypocrisy of ThanXgiving, as well as how to

cope with the upcoming holidays.

Additionally, you will find ways to fast safely and wisely.

For those who wish to " celebrate " and not fast, you will find tons of

recipes and tips, as well!

As we ready ourselves for Fur-Free Friday, I wish everyone who is

willing to " take the plunge " the best of luck in a successful and

quick fast, and may all of our efforts pay off!

= = = = = = = = = =

Here are my other discussion lists that also contain tons of

information in each of their categories – DAILY!!!

Please research the message archives for information you are seeking

and what you have missed:

Everything Yoga!

Yoga-With-Nancy-SoFla/

American Sign Language and Deaf Culture

SignSoFla/

Alternative Schooling Within The School System

SoFlaSchools/

Om Shanti

=====

Fidyl

Live Simply So That

Others May Simply Live

Yoga-With-Nancy-SoFla/

SignSoFla/

SoFlaVegans/

SoFlaSchools/

Unfortunately, " rest of America " does not even see the cruelty

involved in having a turkey dinner.

Nor, the reality and origins of this " holiday. "

I ask not only " Americans " to join in here, this can be - and should

be - a worldwide wake-up call.

After all, I also promote " Buy Nothing Day " which originated in

Great Britain, as well as other holidays in other countries and

traditions.

I support efforts throughout the world for the animals.

= = = = = =

, " Jo bb " <Heartwork@b...> wrote:

> Being British - I do not celebrate Thanksgiving. I guess most

vegans

> celebrate with a vegan feast. Surely fasting is celebrating the

event

> anyway. It might just be better to ignore the whole thing. Why

do you want

> everyone else to join you in a fast? Do you think the rest of

America will

> notice if you fast?

>

> Jo

>

> An Ahimsa ThanXtgiving Fast - 2004

my sons school had a turkey day celebration today. All parents were invited to have lunch with their kids.

I went and I brought him blueberry pie, his favorite, and vegan organic chocolate.

We sat in a little bench, outside, as everyone was given a slice of turkey. It is hard for me to believe that we were the only ones rejecting meat.

The good news is that on saturday, we will be having a playdate with two vegetarian/vegan little girls who are four and five years old. from another school, I think this is really important and we are really looking forward to it. by the way,

don't mean to sound naive, but what does ahimsa and namaste mean? I have never heard of these terms, but I am assuming you are Pagan?

happy thanksfernuthing day!

Original Message -----

fidyl

11/15/2004 1:31:55 PM

An Ahimsa ThanXgiving Fast - 2004NamasteOh, no! Here it comes again! Those dreaded holidays where Veganswaffle between:A) Going to a family get-together and literally suffer through hoursof staring at dead carcasses, watching as others gulp down – notchewing – these abused souls,B) Going to a family get-together and endure all those not so casualcomments about anti-Veganism,C) Not going to these gatherings and trying to arrange a dinner forlike-minded folks,D) Not going to these gatherings and staying by themselves with theirTofurkeys,E) Not going to these gatherings and wondering if we hurt thefeelings of unconcerned/uncaring humans,F) Not going to the dinners, but arriving afterwards for "dessert"G) Not going to these gatherings and fasting.That's right! I said FASTING.I will be fasting this ThanXgiving again - this has been a traditionsince 1998.I hope some list members will be joining me on this day of torture,death, greed, selfishness and debauchery by doing the same.My fast is in HONOR/REMEMBERENCE/REVERENCE of the MILLIONS of animalsthat are tortured and abused, then slaughtered just for this one (1)day alone in the U.S.I am not discussing one (1) day fasts. My fasts run from Wednesdayuntil Sunday.Fasting achieves numerous benefits. It is a wonderful way to cleanout the body as far as health is concerned.Spiritually, it also cleanses the soul. Originally, fasting was used to 'get closer to the higher being.' It was also used to rid sick bodies of diseases. This was copied fromwatching animals when they are ill. They either eat greens or nothingat all.Modern times has shown fasting to be a form of protest. Gandhi also used fasting to bring his point across.My fasting tradition has came about when I could no longer go tofamily gatherings for this 'holiday' and sit around a table infestedwith dead carcass and by-products.Even the 'religious' holidays were laughable as we traipsed to ourbuilding of worship only to march back to a home full of death,abuse and chemical irresponsibility.I have had numerous opportunities to join like-minded folks for aholiday feast, but prefer to not look upon this holiday as a festiveoccasion. Why? Because it also represents false facts throughoutAmerican history. Native Americans were thwarted into slavery andnear-annihilitation by the 'white man' in the name of 'god.' Recentfindings are coming out that there was no turkey - or even any kindof 'meat' - at the dinner; only fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains.Then, back to modern times, it always bothered me that after thesedinners, the male attendees would gather together in front of atelevision set to watch the bloodsport known as 'football,' leavingthe women (slaves again to the 'white man') to clean up and watchafter the children.You are invited and welcome to join my discussion list:SoFlaVegans/Starting next week there will appear articles, information and guidesabout the history and hypocrisy of ThanXgiving, as well as how tocope with the upcoming holidays.Additionally, you will find ways to fast safely and wisely.For those who wish to "celebrate" and not fast, you will find tons ofrecipes and tips, as well!As we ready ourselves for Fur-Free Friday, I wish everyone who iswilling to "take the plunge" the best of luck in a successful andquick fast, and may all of our efforts pay off!= = = = = = = = = = Here are my other discussion lists that also contain tons ofinformation in each of their categories – DAILY!!!Please research the message archives for information you are seekingand what you have missed:Everything Yoga!Yoga-With-Nancy-SoFla/American Sign Language and Deaf CultureSignSoFla/Alternative Schooling Within The School SystemSoFlaSchools/Om Shanti=====FidylLive Simply So ThatOthers May Simply LiveYoga-With-Nancy-SoFla/SignSoFla/SoFlaVegans/SoFlaSchools/To send an email to -

my sons school had a turkey day celebration today. All parents were invited to have lunch with their kids.

I went and I brought him blueberry pie, his favorite, and vegan organic chocolate.

We sat in a little bench, outside, as everyone was given a slice of turkey. It is hard for me to believe that we were the only ones rejecting meat.

The good news is that on saturday, we will be having a playdate with two vegetarian/vegan little girls who are four and five years old. from another school, I think this is really important and we are really looking forward to it. by the way,

don't mean to sound naive, but what does ahimsa and namaste mean? I have never heard of these terms, but I am assuming you are Pagan?

Original Message -----

fidyl

An Ahimsa ThanXgiving Fast - 2004NamasteOh, no! Here it comes again! Those dreaded holidays where Veganswaffle between:A) Going to a family get-together and literally suffer through hoursof staring at dead carcasses, watching as others gulp down – notchewing – these abused souls,B) Going to a family get-together and endure all those not so casualcomments about anti-Veganism,C) Not going to these gatherings and trying to arrange a dinner forlike-minded folks,D) Not going to these gatherings and staying by themselves with theirTofurkeys,E) Not going to these gatherings and wondering if we hurt thefeelings of unconcerned/uncaring humans,F) Not going to the dinners, but arriving afterwards for "dessert"G) Not going to these gatherings and fasting.That's right! I said FASTING.I will be fasting this ThanXgiving again - this has been a traditionsince 1998.I hope some list members will be joining me on this day of torture,death, greed, selfishness and debauchery by doing the same.My fast is in HONOR/REMEMBERENCE/REVERENCE of the MILLIONS of animalsthat are tortured and abused, then slaughtered just for this one (1)day alone in the U.S.I am not discussing one (1) day fasts. My fasts run from Wednesdayuntil Sunday.Fasting achieves numerous benefits. It is a wonderful way to cleanout the body as far as health is concerned.Spiritually, it also cleanses the soul. Originally, fasting was used to 'get closer to the higher being.' It was also used to rid sick bodies of diseases. This was copied fromwatching animals when they are ill. They either eat greens or nothingat all.Modern times has shown fasting to be a form of protest. Gandhi also used fasting to bring his point across.My fasting tradition has came about when I could no longer go tofamily gatherings for this 'holiday' and sit around a table infestedwith dead carcass and by-products.Even the 'religious' holidays were laughable as we traipsed to ourbuilding of worship only to march back to a home full of death,abuse and chemical irresponsibility.I have had numerous opportunities to join like-minded folks for aholiday feast, but prefer to not look upon this holiday as a festiveoccasion. Why? Because it also represents false facts throughoutAmerican history. Native Americans were thwarted into slavery andnear-annihilitation by the 'white man' in the name of 'god.' Recentfindings are coming out that there was no turkey - or even any kindof 'meat' - at the dinner; only fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains.Then, back to modern times, it always bothered me that after thesedinners, the male attendees would gather together in front of atelevision set to watch the bloodsport known as 'football,' leavingthe women (slaves again to the 'white man') to clean up and watchafter the children.You are invited and welcome to join my discussion list:SoFlaVegans/Starting next week there will appear articles, information and guidesabout the history and hypocrisy of ThanXgiving, as well as how tocope with the upcoming holidays.Additionally, you will find ways to fast safely and wisely.For those who wish to "celebrate" and not fast, you will find tons ofrecipes and tips, as well!As we ready ourselves for Fur-Free Friday, I wish everyone who iswilling to "take the plunge" the best of luck in a successful andquick fast, and may all of our efforts pay off!= = = = = = = = = = Here are my other discussion lists that also contain tons ofinformation in each of their categories – DAILY!!!Please research the message archives for information you are seekingand what you have missed:Everything Yoga!Yoga-With-Nancy-SoFla/American Sign Language and Deaf CultureSignSoFla/Alternative Schooling Within The School SystemSoFlaSchools/Om Shanti=====FidylLive Simply So ThatOthers May Simply LiveYoga-With-Nancy-SoFla/SignSoFla/SoFlaVegans/SoFlaSchools/To send an email to -

Taga,

Ahimsa is one of the most important Jainism principles that is also emphasized in Buddhism and Hinduism. It means "nonviolence." The Jain vision of the good, ethical life is strongly shaped by the underlying idea of karma. People who follow Jainism abide by five vows: nonviolence, abstaining from falsehood, nonstealing, celibacy, and nonpossession. The one that is probably most important is ahimsa. It is believed that intentional violence toward living organisms that causes karmic matter to adhere to the soul, so the most important ethical principle would be to abstain from violence in any form.

Namaste is a greeting of sorts. It means 'I salute the spirit (or divineness) in you' or 'bowing to you.' When one says "namaste", one is to give a slight bow with their hands pressed together in front of their chest.

Blessed Be!

~Zachary

-

Taga Sickler

Thursday, November 18, 2004 1:27 PM

RE: An Ahimsa ThanXtgiving Fast - 2004

Original Message -----

fidyl

An Ahimsa ThanXgiving Fast - 2004NamasteOh, no! Here it comes again! Those dreaded holidays where Veganswaffle between:A) Going to a family get-together and literally suffer through hoursof staring at dead carcasses, watching as others gulp down – notchewing – these abused souls,B) Going to a family get-together and endure all those not so casualcomments about anti-Veganism,C) Not going to these gatherings and trying to arrange a dinner forlike-minded folks,D) Not going to these gatherings and staying by themselves with theirTofurkeys,E) Not going to these gatherings and wondering if we hurt thefeelings of unconcerned/uncaring humans,F) Not going to the dinners, but arriving afterwards for "dessert"G) Not going to these gatherings and fasting.That's right! I said FASTING.I will be fasting this ThanXgiving again - this has been a traditionsince 1998.I hope some list members will be joining me on this day of torture,death, greed, selfishness and debauchery by doing the same.My fast is in HONOR/REMEMBERENCE/REVERENCE of the MILLIONS of animalsthat are tortured and abused, then slaughtered just for this one (1)day alone in the U.S.I am not discussing one (1) day fasts. My fasts run from Wednesdayuntil Sunday.Fasting achieves numerous benefits. It is a wonderful way to cleanout the body as far as health is concerned.Spiritually, it also cleanses the soul. Originally, fasting was used to 'get closer to the higher being.' It was also used to rid sick bodies of diseases. This was copied fromwatching animals when they are ill. They either eat greens or nothingat all.Modern times has shown fasting to be a form of protest. Gandhi also used fasting to bring his point across.My fasting tradition has came about when I could no longer go tofamily gatherings for this 'holiday' and sit around a table infestedwith dead carcass and by-products.Even the 'religious' holidays were laughable as we traipsed to ourbuilding of worship only to march back to a home full of death,abuse and chemical irresponsibility.I have had numerous opportunities to join like-minded folks for aholiday feast, but prefer to not look upon this holiday as a festiveoccasion. Why? Because it also represents false facts throughoutAmerican history. Native Americans were thwarted into slavery andnear-annihilitation by the 'white man' in the name of 'god.' Recentfindings are coming out that there was no turkey - or even any kindof 'meat' - at the dinner; only fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains.Then, back to modern times, it always bothered me that after thesedinners, the male attendees would gather together in front of atelevision set to watch the bloodsport known as 'football,' leavingthe women (slaves again to the 'white man') to clean up and watchafter the children.You are invited and welcome to join my discussion list:SoFlaVegans/Starting next week there will appear articles, information and guidesabout the history and hypocrisy of ThanXgiving, as well as how tocope with the upcoming holidays.Additionally, you will find ways to fast safely and wisely.For those who wish to "celebrate" and not fast, you will find tons ofrecipes and tips, as well!As we ready ourselves for Fur-Free Friday, I wish everyone who iswilling to "take the plunge" the best of luck in a successful andquick fast, and may all of our efforts pay off!= = = = = = = = = = Here are my other discussion lists that also contain tons ofinformation in each of their categories – DAILY!!!Please research the message archives for information you are seekingand what you have missed:Everything Yoga!Yoga-With-Nancy-SoFla/American Sign Language and Deaf CultureSignSoFla/Alternative Schooling Within The School SystemSoFlaSchools/Om Shanti=====FidylLive Simply So ThatOthers May Simply LiveYoga-With-Nancy-SoFla/SignSoFla/SoFlaVegans/SoFlaSchools/To send an email to - To send an email to -

AHIMSA info:

American Vegan Society Pillars of the Compassionate Way

Combining the first letter of each pillar spells out the word ahimsa, the philosophy of nonviolence practiced and promoted by Mahatma Gandhi.

Abstinence from animal products

Harmlessness with reverence for life

Integrity of thought, word, and deed

Mastery over oneself

Service to humanity, nature, and creation

Advancement of understanding and truthSusan :-)Taga Sickler <zurumato wrote:

Original Message -----

fidyl

An Ahimsa ThanXgiving Fast - 2004NamasteOh, no! Here it comes again! Those dreaded holidays where Veganswaffle between:A) Going to a family get-together and literally suffer through hoursof staring at dead carcasses, watching as others gulp down – notchewing – these abused souls,B) Going to a family get-together and endure all those not so casualcomments about anti-Veganism,C) Not going to these gatherings and trying to arrange a dinner forlike-minded folks,D) Not going to these gatherings and staying by themselves with theirTofurkeys,E) Not going to these gatherings and wondering if we hurt thefeelings of unconcerned/uncaring humans,F) Not going to the dinners, but arriving afterwards for "dessert"G) Not going to these gatherings and fasting.That's right! I said FASTING.I will be fasting this ThanXgiving again -

this has been a traditionsince 1998.I hope some list members will be joining me on this day of torture,death, greed, selfishness and debauchery by doing the same.My fast is in HONOR/REMEMBERENCE/REVERENCE of the MILLIONS of animalsthat are tortured and abused, then slaughtered just for this one (1)day alone in the U.S.I am not discussing one (1) day fasts. My fasts run from Wednesdayuntil Sunday.Fasting achieves numerous benefits. It is a wonderful way to cleanout the body as far as health is concerned.Spiritually, it also cleanses the soul. Originally, fasting was used to 'get closer to the higher being.' It was also used to rid sick bodies of diseases. This was copied fromwatching animals when they are ill. They either eat greens or nothingat all.Modern times has shown fasting to be a form of protest. Gandhi also used fasting to bring his point across.My fasting tradition has

came about when I could no longer go tofamily gatherings for this 'holiday' and sit around a table infestedwith dead carcass and by-products.Even the 'religious' holidays were laughable as we traipsed to ourbuilding of worship only to march back to a home full of death,abuse and chemical irresponsibility.I have had numerous opportunities to join like-minded folks for aholiday feast, but prefer to not look upon this holiday as a festiveoccasion. Why? Because it also represents false facts throughoutAmerican history. Native Americans were thwarted into slavery andnear-annihilitation by the 'white man' in the name of 'god.' Recentfindings are coming out that there was no turkey - or even any kindof 'meat' - at the dinner; only fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains.Then, back to modern times, it always bothered me that after thesedinners, the male attendees would gather together in front of atelevision set to watch the

bloodsport known as 'football,' leavingthe women (slaves again to the 'white man') to clean up and watchafter the children.You are invited and welcome to join my discussion list:SoFlaVegans/Starting next week there will appear articles, information and guidesabout the history and hypocrisy of ThanXgiving, as well as how tocope with the upcoming holidays.Additionally, you will find ways to fast safely and wisely.For those who wish to "celebrate" and not fast, you will find tons ofrecipes and tips, as well!As we ready ourselves for Fur-Free Friday, I wish everyone who iswilling to "take the plunge" the best of luck in a successful andquick fast, and may all of our efforts pay off!= = = = = = = = = = Here are my other discussion lists that also contain tons ofinformation in each of their categories –

DAILY!!!Please research the message archives for information you are seekingand what you have missed:Everything Yoga!Yoga-With-Nancy-SoFla/American Sign Language and Deaf CultureSignSoFla/Alternative Schooling Within The School SystemSoFlaSchools/Om Shanti=====FidylLive Simply So ThatOthers May Simply LiveYoga-With-Nancy-SoFla/SignSoFla/SoFlaVegans/SoFlaSchools/To send an email to - To send an email to -

The all-new My – Get yours free!

ThanX!

I couldn't have said it better!

BTW - I am not Pagan.

My " religion " is REALITY! [...and, Veganism]

My only belief is Mother Nature and Fate.

= = = = =

, " Zachary Johnson "

<z.johnson@m...> wrote:

> Taga,

>

> Ahimsa is one of the most important Jainism principles that is

also emphasized in Buddhism and Hinduism. It means " nonviolence. "

The Jain vision of the good, ethical life is strongly shaped by the

underlying idea of karma. People who follow Jainism abide by five

vows: nonviolence, abstaining from falsehood, nonstealing, celibacy,

and nonpossession. The one that is probably most important is

ahimsa. It is believed that intentional violence toward living

organisms that causes karmic matter to adhere to the soul, so the

most important ethical principle would be to abstain from violence

in any form.

>

> Namaste is a greeting of sorts. It means 'I salute the spirit (or

divineness) in you' or 'bowing to you.' When one says " namaste " ,

one is to give a slight bow with their hands pressed together in

front of their chest.

>

> Blessed Be!

> ~Zachary

> -

> Taga Sickler

>

> Thursday, November 18, 2004 1:27 PM

> RE: An Ahimsa ThanXtgiving Fast - 2004

>

>

>

> my sons school had a turkey day celebration today. All parents

were invited to have lunch with their kids.

>

> I went and I brought him blueberry pie, his favorite, and vegan

organic chocolate.

> We sat in a little bench, outside, as everyone was given a

slice of turkey. It is hard for me to believe that we were the

only ones rejecting meat.

> The good news is that on saturday, we will be having a

playdate with two vegetarian/vegan little girls who are four and

five years old. from another school, I think this is really

important and we are really looking forward to it. by the way,

> don't mean to sound naive, but what does ahimsa and namaste

mean? I have never heard of these terms, but I am assuming you are

Pagan?

>

> happy thanksfernuthing day!

>

>

> Original Message -----

> fidyl

>

> 11/15/2004 1:31:55 PM

> An Ahimsa ThanXtgiving Fast - 2004

>

> An Ahimsa ThanXgiving Fast - 2004

>

> Namaste

>

> Oh, no! Here it comes again! Those dreaded holidays where

Vegans

> waffle between:

>

> A) Going to a family get-together and literally suffer through

hours

> of staring at dead carcasses, watching as others gulp down -

not

> chewing - these abused souls,

>

> B) Going to a family get-together and endure all those not so

casual

> comments about anti-Veganism,

>

> C) Not going to these gatherings and trying to arrange a

dinner for

> like-minded folks,

>

> D) Not going to these gatherings and staying by themselves

with their

> Tofurkeys,

>

> E) Not going to these gatherings and wondering if we hurt the

> feelings of unconcerned/uncaring humans,

>

> F) Not going to the dinners, but arriving afterwards

for " dessert "

>

> G) Not going to these gatherings and fasting.

>

> That's right! I said FASTING.

>

> I will be fasting this ThanXgiving again - this has been a

tradition

> since 1998.

> I hope some list members will be joining me on this day of

torture,

> death, greed, selfishness and debauchery by doing the same.

>

> My fast is in HONOR/REMEMBERENCE/REVERENCE of the MILLIONS of

animals

> that are tortured and abused, then slaughtered just for this

one (1)

> day alone in the U.S.

>

> I am not discussing one (1) day fasts. My fasts run from

Wednesday

> until Sunday.

>

> Fasting achieves numerous benefits. It is a wonderful way to

clean

> out the body as far as health is concerned.

>

> Spiritually, it also cleanses the soul.

>

> Originally, fasting was used to 'get closer to the higher

being.'

>

> It was also used to rid sick bodies of diseases. This was

copied from

> watching animals when they are ill. They either eat greens or

nothing

> at all.

>

> Modern times has shown fasting to be a form of protest.

> Gandhi also used fasting to bring his point across.

>

> My fasting tradition has came about when I could no longer go

to

> family gatherings for this 'holiday' and sit around a table

infested

> with dead carcass and by-products.

> Even the 'religious' holidays were laughable as we traipsed to

our

> building of worship only to march back to a home full of death,

> abuse and chemical irresponsibility.

>

> I have had numerous opportunities to join like-minded folks

for a

> holiday feast, but prefer to not look upon this holiday as a

festive

> occasion. Why? Because it also represents false facts

throughout

> American history. Native Americans were thwarted into slavery

and

> near-annihilitation by the 'white man' in the name of 'god.'

Recent

> findings are coming out that there was no turkey - or even any

kind

> of 'meat' - at the dinner; only fruits, vegetables, nuts and

grains.

>

> Then, back to modern times, it always bothered me that after

these

> dinners, the male attendees would gather together in front of a

> television set to watch the bloodsport known as 'football,'

leaving

> the women (slaves again to the 'white man') to clean up and

watch

> after the children.

>

> You are invited and welcome to join my discussion list:

> SoFlaVegans/

>

> Starting next week there will appear articles, information and

guides

> about the history and hypocrisy of ThanXgiving, as well as how

to

> cope with the upcoming holidays.

> Additionally, you will find ways to fast safely and wisely.

> For those who wish to " celebrate " and not fast, you will find

tons of

> recipes and tips, as well!

>

> As we ready ourselves for Fur-Free Friday, I wish everyone who

is

> willing to " take the plunge " the best of luck in a successful

and

> quick fast, and may all of our efforts pay off!

>

> = = = = = = = = = =

>

> Here are my other discussion lists that also contain tons of

> information in each of their categories - DAILY!!!

> Please research the message archives for information you are

seeking

> and what you have missed:

>

> Everything Yoga!

> Yoga-With-Nancy-SoFla/

>

> American Sign Language and Deaf Culture

> SignSoFla/

>

> Alternative Schooling Within The School System

> SoFlaSchools/