> I'm getting used to not having it on a lot of things, but I eat quite a

lot

> of baked potatos, and one of my favourite things used to be baked potato

> with cheese and baked beans. I try it with just baked beans but it's just

> not the same. When I was vegetarian and trying to give up cheese I tried

it

> with baked beans and fake bacon which was better than just baked beans,

but

> I've found out that that fake bacon isn't vegan.

>

> Has anyone got any ideas what I can have with my baked potato? Either as

a

> sort of cheese substitute type thing (not bought vegan cheese, I've tried

> one and didn't like it, and I know there are others but I'd rather try and

> make something), or just something nice to have with baked potato. My

baked

> potato, baked beans and cheese was a sort of filling comfort food type

> thing, so does anyone else here relate to it and got any ideas what I

could

> try to have with baked potato?

>

> Catherine

Ok - thanks for the suggestion. I'll try them.

Catherine

>

> Jo bb [Heartwork]

> 04 December 2004 15:16

>

> Re: Any ideas?

>

>

>

> Hi Catherine

>

> If you are in the UK - Redwoods rashers are vegan, and tasty. They also

> make a melting cheese which you could have on top of your jacket potato,

> beans and rashers - delicious.

>

> Jo

>

> > I was a vegetarian for 10 years, and have been working towards veganism,

> and

> > a few weeks ago I went completely vegan. My most difficult thing is

> cheese.

> > I'm getting used to not having it on a lot of things, but I eat quite a

> lot

> > of baked potatos, and one of my favourite things used to be baked potato

> > with cheese and baked beans. I try it with just baked beans

> but it's just

> > not the same. When I was vegetarian and trying to give up

> cheese I tried

> it

> > with baked beans and fake bacon which was better than just baked beans,

> but

> > I've found out that that fake bacon isn't vegan.

> >

> > Has anyone got any ideas what I can have with my baked potato?

> Either as

> a

> > sort of cheese substitute type thing (not bought vegan cheese,

> I've tried

> > one and didn't like it, and I know there are others but I'd

> rather try and

> > make something), or just something nice to have with baked potato. My

> baked

> > potato, baked beans and cheese was a sort of filling comfort food type

> > thing, so does anyone else here relate to it and got any ideas what I

> could

> > try to have with baked potato?

> >

> > Catherine

>

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

In the UK you CAN get lots of vegan

cheeses and vegan bacon

Andrew Barnes

Account Manager

FDM Group

Lanchester House - Trafalgar Place -

Brighton - BN1 4FL

Tel: +44 (0)870 060 3100 - Fax: +44 (0)870 060 3101 - Mob: +44 (0)7970 075 905

andrew.barnes

www.fdmgroup.com

Catherine

Turner [catherineturner2000]

04 December 2004 15:07

Vegan_Chat

Any ideas?

Hi,

I was a vegetarian for 10 years, and have been

working towards veganism, and

a few weeks ago I went completely vegan. My

most difficult thing is cheese.

I'm getting used to not having it on a lot of

things, but I eat quite a lot

of baked potatos, and one of my favourite things

used to be baked potato

with cheese and baked beans. I try it with

just baked beans but it's just

not the same. When I was vegetarian and

trying to give up cheese I tried it

with baked beans and fake bacon which was better

than just baked beans, but

I've found out that that fake bacon isn't vegan.

Has anyone got any ideas what I can have with my

baked potato? Either as a

sort of cheese substitute type thing (not bought

vegan cheese, I've tried

one and didn't like it, and I know there are

others but I'd rather try and

make something), or just something nice to have

with baked potato. My baked

potato, baked beans and cheese was a sort of

filling comfort food type

thing, so does anyone else here relate to it and

got any ideas what I could

try to have with baked potato?

Catherine

To

send an email to -

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star. The

service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive

anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:

http://www.star.net.uk

This message is confidential and is intended for the addressee only; unless clearly stated that this disclaimer should not apply, this e-mail is not intended to create legally binding commitments on behalf of FDM Group Plc, nor do its contents reflect the corporate views or policies of FDM. Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or partial, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of the message, please notify the sender immediately.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The

service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive

anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:

http://www.star.net.uk

Baked Potatoes?

I usually just have beans, but you could have ( assuming you have leftovers/made up fillings to hand) veg chili/dahl/curry/tofu mayonese/pasta sauces/humous etc...

The Valley Vegan......Catherine Turner <catherineturner2000 wrote:

Hi,I was a vegetarian for 10 years, and have been working towards veganism, anda few weeks ago I went completely vegan. My most difficult thing is cheese.I'm getting used to not having it on a lot of things, but I eat quite a lotof baked potatos, and one of my favourite things used to be baked potatowith cheese and baked beans. I try it with just baked beans but it's justnot the same. When I was vegetarian and trying to give up cheese I tried itwith baked beans and fake bacon which was better than just baked beans, butI've found out that that fake bacon isn't vegan.Has anyone got any ideas what I can have with my baked potato? Either as asort of cheese substitute type thing (not bought vegan cheese, I've triedone and didn't like it, and I know there are others but I'd rather try andmake something), or just something nice to

have with baked potato. My bakedpotato, baked beans and cheese was a sort of filling comfort food typething, so does anyone else here relate to it and got any ideas what I couldtry to have with baked potato?Catherine

i know exactly what you are saying, ive been veggie for 15 years and 7 weeks ago went totally vegan. i also find cheese hard to give up. ive had the alternative from tesco but its not the same. however i would rather eat the alternative than feel guilty! good luck to youCatherine Turner <catherineturner2000 wrote:

Ok - thanks for the suggestion. I'll try them.Catherine> > Jo bb [Heartwork]> 04 December 2004 15:16> > Re: Any ideas?>>>> Hi Catherine>> If you are in the UK - Redwoods rashers are vegan, and tasty. They also> make a melting cheese which you could have on top of your jacket potato,> beans and rashers - delicious.>> Jo>> > I was a vegetarian for 10 years, and have been working towards veganism,> and> > a few weeks ago I went completely vegan. My most difficult thing is> cheese.> > I'm getting used to not having it on a lot of things, but I eat quite a> lot> > of baked

potatos, and one of my favourite things used to be baked potato> > with cheese and baked beans. I try it with just baked beans> but it's just> > not the same. When I was vegetarian and trying to give up> cheese I tried> it> > with baked beans and fake bacon which was better than just baked beans,> but> > I've found out that that fake bacon isn't vegan.> >> > Has anyone got any ideas what I can have with my baked potato?> Either as> a> > sort of cheese substitute type thing (not bought vegan cheese,> I've tried> > one and didn't like it, and I know there are others but I'd> rather try and> > make something), or just something nice to have with baked potato. My> baked> > potato, baked beans and cheese was a sort of filling comfort food type> > thing, so does anyone else here relate to it and got

any ideas what I> could> > try to have with baked potato?> >> > Catherine>>>>>> To send an email to - >

ive looked for vegan cheese and bacon, only found one kind, from tesco. what other stores can i get it from?Andrew Barnes <andrew.barnes wrote:

In the UK you CAN get lots of vegan cheeses and vegan bacon

Andrew BarnesAccount Manager

FDM GroupLanchester House - Trafalgar Place - Brighton - BN1 4FLTel: +44 (0)870 060 3100 - Fax: +44 (0)870 060 3101 - Mob: +44 (0)7970 075 905andrew.barneswww.fdmgroup.com

Catherine Turner [catherineturner2000] 04 December 2004 15:07Vegan_Chat Any ideas?

Hi,I was a vegetarian for 10 years, and have been working towards veganism, anda few weeks ago I went completely vegan. My most difficult thing is cheese.I'm getting used to not having it on a lot of things, but I eat quite a lotof baked potatos, and one of my favourite things used to be baked potatowith cheese and baked beans. I try it with just baked beans but it's justnot the same. When I was vegetarian and trying to give up cheese I tried itwith

baked beans and fake bacon which was better than just baked beans, butI've found out that that fake bacon isn't vegan.Has anyone got any ideas what I can have with my baked potato? Either as asort of cheese substitute type thing (not bought vegan cheese, I've triedone and didn't like it, and I know there are others but I'd rather try andmake something), or just something nice to have with baked potato. My bakedpotato, baked beans and cheese was a sort of filling comfort food typething, so does anyone else here relate to it and got any ideas what I couldtry to have with baked potato?CatherineTo send an email to - ______________________This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star. Theservice is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactiveanti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:http://www.star.net.uk______________________

This message is confidential and is intended for the addressee only; unless clearly stated that this disclaimer should not apply, this e-mail is not intended to create legally binding commitments on behalf of FDM Group Plc, nor do its contents reflect the corporate views or policies of FDM. Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or partial, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of the message, please notify the sender immediately.______________________This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. Theservice is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactiveanti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:http://www.star.net.uk______________________To send an email to

-

Win a castle for NYE with your mates and Messenger

Hi,

Yeah - thanks for the suggestions. I love humous and will give that a go. Never tried vegan mayonese - wasn't too keen on the animal variety. Might try it anyway.

Catherine

peter hurd [swpgh01]07 December 2004 17:06 Subject: Re: Any ideas?

Baked Potatoes?

I usually just have beans, but you could have ( assuming you have leftovers/made up fillings to hand) veg chili/dahl/curry/tofu mayonese/pasta sauces/humous etc...

The Valley Vegan......Catherine Turner <catherineturner2000 wrote:

Hi,I was a vegetarian for 10 years, and have been working towards veganism, anda few weeks ago I went completely vegan. My most difficult thing is cheese.I'm getting used to not having it on a lot of things, but I eat quite a lotof baked potatos, and one of my favourite things used to be baked potatowith cheese and baked beans. I try it with just baked beans but it's justnot the same. When I was vegetarian and trying to give up cheese I tried itwith baked beans and fake bacon which was better than just baked beans, butI've found out that that fake bacon isn't vegan.Has anyone got any ideas what I can have with my baked potato? Either as asort of cheese substitute type thing (not bought vegan cheese, I've triedone and didn't like it, and I know there are others but I'd rather try andmake something), or just something nice to have with baked potato. My bakedpotato, baked beans and cheese was a sort of filling comfort food typething, so does anyone else here relate to it and got any ideas what I couldtry to have with baked potato?Catherine

Hi Victoria,

Oh - what alternative did you buy from Tesco? I didn't realise they did vegan cheese there...?

Catherine

victoria leggett [tipples78]08 December 2004 22:07 Subject: RE: Any ideas?

i know exactly what you are saying, ive been veggie for 15 years and 7 weeks ago went totally vegan. i also find cheese hard to give up. ive had the alternative from tesco but its not the same. however i would rather eat the alternative than feel guilty! good luck to youCatherine Turner <catherineturner2000 wrote: Ok - thanks for the suggestion. I'll try them.Catherine> > Jo bb [Heartwork]> 04 December 2004 15:16> > Re: Any ideas?>>>> Hi Catherine>> If you are in the UK - Redwoods rashers are vegan, and tasty. They also> make a melting cheese which you could have on top of your jacket potato,> beans and rashers - delicious.>> Jo>> > I was a vegetarian for 10 years, and have been working towards veganism,> and> > a few weeks ago I went completely vegan. My most difficult thing is> cheese.> > I'm getting used to not having it on a lot of things, but I eat quite a> lot> > of baked potatos, and one of my favourite things used to be baked potato> > with cheese and baked beans. I try it with just baked beans> but it's just> > not the same. When I was vegetarian and trying to give up> cheese I tried> it> > with baked beans and fake bacon which was better than just baked beans,> but> > I've found out that that fake bacon isn't vegan.> >> > Has anyone got any ideas what I can have with my baked potato?> Either as> a> > sort of cheese substitute type thing (not bought vegan cheese,> I've tried> > one and didn't like it, and I know there are others but I'd> rather try and> > make something), or just something nice to have with baked potato. My> baked> > potato, baked beans and cheese was a sort of filling comfort food type> > thing, so does anyone else here relate to it and got any ideas what I> could> > try to have with baked potato?> >> > Catherine>>>>>> To send an email to - >

Hi Victoria,

An online store called Goodness Direct sells lots of vegan stuff - that's where I got one type of vegan cheese from to try. It's more expensive delivery charges than Tesco, but it's worth it if you buy in bulk. Loads of stuff - not just cheese, bacon, "fake" type stuff, but loads of dried things and quite a few frozen pies etc.

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/

Catherine

victoria leggett [tipples78]08 December 2004 22:14 Subject: RE: Any ideas?

ive looked for vegan cheese and bacon, only found one kind, from tesco. what other stores can i get it from?Andrew Barnes <andrew.barnes wrote:

FDM GroupLanchester House - Trafalgar Place - Brighton - BN1 4FLTel: +44 (0)870 060 3100 - Fax: +44 (0)870 060 3101 - Mob: +44 (0)7970 075 905andrew.barneswww.fdmgroup.com

Catherine Turner [catherineturner2000] 04 December 2004 15:07Vegan_Chat Any ideas?

Hi,I was a vegetarian for 10 years, and have been working towards veganism, anda few weeks ago I went completely vegan. My most difficult thing is cheese.I'm getting used to not having it on a lot of things, but I eat quite a lotof baked potatos, and one of my favourite things used to be baked potatowith cheese and baked beans. I try it with just baked beans but it's justnot the same. When I was vegetarian and trying to give up cheese I tried itwith baked beans and fake bacon which was better than just baked beans, butI've found out that that fake bacon isn't vegan.Has anyone got any ideas what I can have with my baked potato? Either as asort of cheese substitute type thing (not bought vegan cheese, I've triedone and didn't like it, and I know there are others but I'd rather try andmake something), or just something nice to have with baked potato. My bakedpotato, baked beans and cheese was a sort of filling comfort food typething, so does anyone else here relate to it and got any ideas what I couldtry to have with baked potato?CatherineTo send an email to - ______________________This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star. Theservice is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactiveanti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:http://www.star.net.uk______________________ This message is confidential and is intended for the addressee only; unless clearly stated that this disclaimer should not apply, this e-mail is not intended to create legally binding commitments on behalf of FDM Group Plc, nor do its contents reflect the corporate views or policies of FDM. Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or partial, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of the message, please notify the sender immediately.______________________This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. Theservice is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactiveanti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:http://www.star.net.uk______________________To send an email to -

Win a castle for NYE with your mates and Messenger To send an email to -

Redwoods make vegan cheeses and fake meats and can be bought at most health food stores in the U.K. They've also just brought out a melting cheese which is good,

Jo

-

Catherine Turner

Wednesday, December 08, 2004 11:33 PM

RE: Any ideas?

Hi Victoria,

An online store called Goodness Direct sells lots of vegan stuff - that's where I got one type of vegan cheese from to try. It's more expensive delivery charges than Tesco, but it's worth it if you buy in bulk. Loads of stuff - not just cheese, bacon, "fake" type stuff, but loads of dried things and quite a few frozen pies etc.

Catherine

Hi,I was a vegetarian for 10 years, and have been working towards veganism, anda few weeks ago I went completely vegan. My most difficult thing is cheese.I'm getting used to not having it on a lot of things, but I eat quite a lotof baked potatos, and one of my favourite things used to be baked potatowith cheese and baked beans. I try it with just baked beans but it's justnot the same. When I was vegetarian and trying to give up cheese I tried itwith baked beans and fake bacon which was better than just baked beans, butI've found out that that fake bacon isn't vegan.Has anyone got any ideas what I can have with my baked potato? Either as asort of cheese substitute type thing (not bought vegan cheese, I've triedone and didn't like it, and I know there are others but I'd rather try andmake something), or just something nice to have with baked potato. My bakedpotato, baked beans and cheese was a sort of filling comfort food typething, so does anyone else here relate to it and got any ideas what I couldtry to have with baked potato?CatherineTo send an email to - ______________________This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star. Theservice is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactiveanti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:http://www.star.net.uk______________________ This message is confidential and is intended for the addressee only; unless clearly stated that this disclaimer should not apply, this e-mail is not intended to create legally binding commitments on behalf of FDM Group Plc, nor do its contents reflect the corporate views or policies of FDM. Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or partial, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of the message, please notify the sender immediately.______________________This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. Theservice is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactiveanti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:http://www.star.net.uk______________________To send an email to -

Win a castle for NYE with your mates and Messenger To send an email to - To send an email to -

thanks catherine,

there is loads on goodness direct, stuff i had no idea about. i will def be ordering from them.

how long do orders usually take to come through? will i be able to get them in time for christmas?Catherine Turner <catherineturner2000 wrote:

Hi Victoria,

Catherine

Hi,I was a vegetarian for 10 years, and have been working towards veganism, anda few weeks ago I went completely vegan. My most difficult thing is cheese.I'm getting used to not having it on a lot of things, but I eat quite a lotof baked potatos, and one of my favourite things used to be baked potatowith cheese and baked beans. I try it with just baked beans but it's justnot the same. When I was vegetarian and trying to give up cheese I tried itwith

baked beans and fake bacon which was better than just baked beans, butI've found out that that fake bacon isn't vegan.Has anyone got any ideas what I can have with my baked potato? Either as asort of cheese substitute type thing (not bought vegan cheese, I've triedone and didn't like it, and I know there are others but I'd rather try andmake something), or just something nice to have with baked potato. My bakedpotato, baked beans and cheese was a sort of filling comfort food typething, so does anyone else here relate to it and got any ideas what I couldtry to have with baked potato?CatherineTo send an email to - ______________________This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star. Theservice is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactiveanti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:http://www.star.net.uk______________________ This message is confidential and is intended for the addressee only; unless clearly stated that this disclaimer should not apply, this e-mail is not intended to create legally binding commitments on behalf of FDM Group Plc, nor do its contents reflect the corporate views or policies of FDM. Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or partial, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of the message, please notify the sender immediately.______________________This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. Theservice is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactiveanti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:http://www.star.net.uk______________________To send an email to

-

Win a castle for NYE with your mates and Messenger To send an email to - To send an email to -

ALL-NEW Messenger - all new features - even more fun!

hi catherine,

its called cheezly and you find it in the cheese fridge. its ok but doesnt melt like the real thing. you can get red or white!Catherine Turner <catherineturner2000 wrote:

Hi Victoria,

Oh - what alternative did you buy from Tesco? I didn't realise they did vegan cheese there...?

Catherine

i know exactly what you are saying, ive been veggie for 15 years and 7 weeks ago went totally vegan. i also find cheese hard to give up. ive had the alternative from tesco but its not the same. however i would rather eat the alternative than feel guilty! good luck to youCatherine Turner <catherineturner2000 wrote: Ok - thanks for the suggestion. I'll try them.Catherine> > Jo bb [Heartwork]> 04 December 2004 15:16> > Re: Any ideas?>>>> Hi Catherine>> If you are in the UK - Redwoods rashers are vegan, and tasty. They also> make a melting cheese which you could have on top of your jacket potato,> beans and rashers - delicious.>> Jo>> > I was a vegetarian for 10 years, and have been working towards veganism,> and> > a few weeks ago I went completely vegan. My most difficult thing is> cheese.> > I'm getting used to not having it on a lot of things, but I eat quite a> lot> > of baked

potatos, and one of my favourite things used to be baked potato> > with cheese and baked beans. I try it with just baked beans> but it's just> > not the same. When I was vegetarian and trying to give up> cheese I tried> it> > with baked beans and fake bacon which was better than just baked beans,> but> > I've found out that that fake bacon isn't vegan.> >> > Has anyone got any ideas what I can have with my baked potato?> Either as> a> > sort of cheese substitute type thing (not bought vegan cheese,> I've tried> > one and didn't like it, and I know there are others but I'd> rather try and> > make something), or just something nice to have with baked potato. My> baked> > potato, baked beans and cheese was a sort of filling comfort food type> > thing, so does anyone else here relate to it and got

any ideas what I> could> > try to have with baked potato?> >> > Catherine>>>>>> To send an email to - >

redwood? where is that?Joanne <Kimberley1 wrote:

Try the melting cheezly by Redwoods , I really like it but I never ate a lot of cheese anyway but it most be so much better than all that wood glue!

Jo

-

victoria leggett

Thursday, December 09, 2004 7:53 PM

hi catherine,

its called cheezly and you find it in the cheese fridge. its ok but doesnt melt like the real thing. you can get red or white!Catherine Turner <catherineturner2000 wrote:

Hi Victoria,

Catherine

i know exactly what you are saying, ive been veggie for 15 years and 7 weeks ago went totally vegan. i also find cheese hard to give up. ive had the alternative from tesco but its not the same. however i would rather eat the alternative than feel guilty! good luck to youCatherine Turner <catherineturner2000 wrote: Ok - thanks for the suggestion. I'll try them.Catherine> > Jo bb [Heartwork]> 04 December 2004 15:16> > Re: Any ideas?>>>> Hi Catherine>> If you are in the UK - Redwoods rashers are vegan, and tasty. They also> make a melting cheese which you could have on top of your jacket potato,> beans and rashers - delicious.>> Jo>> > I was a vegetarian for 10 years, and have been working towards veganism,> and> > a few weeks ago I went completely vegan. My most difficult thing is> cheese.> > I'm getting used to not having it on a lot of things, but I eat quite a> lot> > of baked

Try the melting cheezly by Redwoods , I really like it but I never ate a lot of cheese anyway but it most be so much better than all that wood glue!

Jo

-

victoria leggett

hi catherine,

Hi Victoria,

Catherine

i know exactly what you are saying, ive been veggie for 15 years and 7 weeks ago went totally vegan. i also find cheese hard to give up. ive had the alternative from tesco but its not the same. however i would rather eat the alternative than feel guilty! good luck to youCatherine Turner <catherineturner2000 wrote: Ok - thanks for the suggestion. I'll try them.Catherine> > Jo bb [Heartwork]> 04 December 2004 15:16> > Re: Any ideas?>>>> Hi Catherine>> If you are in the UK - Redwoods rashers are vegan, and tasty. They also> make a melting cheese which you could have on top of your jacket potato,> beans and rashers - delicious.>> Jo>> > I was a vegetarian for 10 years, and have been working towards veganism,> and> > a few weeks ago I went completely vegan. My most difficult thing is> cheese.> > I'm getting used to not having it on a lot of things, but I eat quite a> lot> > of baked potatos, and one of my favourite things used to be baked potato> > with cheese and baked beans. I try it with just baked beans> but it's just> > not the same. When I was vegetarian and trying to give up> cheese I tried> it> > with baked beans and fake bacon which was better than just baked beans,> but> > I've found out that that fake bacon isn't vegan.> >> > Has anyone got any ideas what I can have with my baked potato?> Either as> a> > sort of cheese substitute type thing (not bought vegan cheese,> I've tried> > one and didn't like it, and I know there are others but I'd> rather try and> > make something), or just something nice to have with baked potato. My> baked> > potato, baked beans and cheese was a sort of filling comfort food type> > thing, so does anyone else here relate to it and got any ideas what I> could> > try to have with baked potato?> >> > Catherine>>>>>> To send an email to - >

UK company

http://www.redwoodfoods.co.uk./-----Original Message----- victoria leggett Dec 9, 2004 12:02 PM Re: Any ideas?

redwood? where is that?Joanne <Kimberley1 wrote:

Jo

-

victoria leggett

hi catherine,

Hi Victoria,

Catherine

Hi jo,

could you tell us more about the dairie industries going broke in the UK? I try doing a search but Sir google,

gave me nothing. Is there and article about this? It sounds like this is great news. I just wish It was happening here in the us.

thsnks

anouk

-

Joanne

12/9/2004 2:58:50 PM

Re: Any ideas?

Jo

-

victoria leggett

hi catherine,

Hi Victoria,

Catherine

Hi Anouk

I heard it on the BBC news about a week ago - that's the only place I'm afraid. I never checked it on the internet.

Jo

-

Taga Sickler

Thursday, December 09, 2004 9:13 PM

Hi jo,

could you tell us more about the dairie industries going broke in the UK? I try doing a search but Sir google,

gave me nothing. Is there and article about this? It sounds like this is great news. I just wish It was happening here in the us.

thsnks

anouk

-

Joanne

Jo

-

victoria leggett

hi catherine,

Hi Victoria,

Catherine

i saw it in the guardian as well

low prices and the mad cow scare still are being felt in the UK i guess... Jo bb Dec 9, 2004 3:39 PM Re: Any ideas?

Hi Anouk

I heard it on the BBC news about a week ago - that's the only place I'm afraid. I never checked it on the internet.

Jo

-

Taga Sickler

Thursday, December 09, 2004 9:13 PM

Hi jo,

thsnks

anouk

-

Joanne

Jo

-

victoria leggett

hi catherine,

Hi Victoria,

Catherine

> Redwoods make vegan cheeses and fake meats and can be bought at most health food stores in the U.K. They've also just

> brought out a melting cheese which is good,

Also, the "Fry's" range is mostly vegan, and is available in quite a few places nowadays!

BB

Peter

Hi,

Hmmmm I haven't ordered from there for a while, think it takes about 5 days - I guess if you get in quick you should be able to get it for Christmas.

Catherine

victoria leggett [tipples78]09 December 2004 19:45 Subject: RE: Any ideas?

thanks catherine,

there is loads on goodness direct, stuff i had no idea about. i will def be ordering from them.

how long do orders usually take to come through? will i be able to get them in time for christmas?Catherine Turner <catherineturner2000 wrote:

Hi Victoria,

Catherine

ALL-NEW Messenger - all new features - even more fun! To send an email to -

• 10 months later...

All bread machines generally have a quick bread setting. This setting allows

only one rise.

Have you tried the recipe for Tom's bread?

BL

Here are the questions. I am attempting to use my bread maker to make them

some gf bread. Here is the problem it usually does not turn out it is either

flat and heavy or just tastes aweful. If any of you wonderful people have any

recipes you KNOW work and taste decent please send them my way. They can be

tradition bread of spice breads or whatever. Just no tomatoes, strawberries,

gluten, dairy, soy, in them lol!

YES,

I discovered this recipie,

I make it all the time.

My bread machine recipies don't turn out well either.

BASIC ALMOND BREAD.

DRY Ingredients.

2/3 c garbonzo flour

2/3 c sorghum ffour

1/1/3 c. tapioca flour

1 1/3c cornstartch ( if can't tolorate corn use arrowroot flour)

3 Teaspoon Xanthan gum

1/4 cup brown sugar or splenda

1 Teaspoon baking soda

4 Teaspoons BAking powder

1/2 c almond meal.

1 teaspoon salt.

WET ingredients:

3 eggs or 1 1/3c liquid egg substitute

6 Tablespoons Marg. melted

2 Teaspoons honey

1 1/2 c, non-dairy liquid

1 1/2 Tablespoons Vinigar (use apple cider ,vinigar. as white has

malt in it.)

oven 350 degrees

pour the wet ingredients in to the wet. Hand mix. (don't use a mixer)

and mix for a few beats. Then pour in greased pans and bake

50-60 min. Let set in pan 10 min. before removing.

Taste great!

Becky

, " Brenda-Lee Olson "

<shalomaleichemacadem@m...> wrote:

>

> All bread machines generally have a quick bread setting. This

setting allows only one rise.

>

> Have you tried the recipe for Tom's bread?

>

> BL

>

> Here are the questions. I am attempting to use my bread maker

to make them some gf bread. Here is the problem it usually does not

turn out it is either flat and heavy or just tastes aweful. If any of

you wonderful people have any recipes you KNOW work and taste decent

please send them my way. They can be tradition bread of spice breads

or whatever. Just no tomatoes, strawberries, gluten, dairy, soy, in

them lol!

>

>

• 2 years later...

here one suggestion

in a back issue of vegetarian times ( might have to check

library's archives has an issue featuring different social spreads, the

amount of people to be served with delightful recipes.

I've saved this issue because it's very, very useful!

vegetarian times issue May/June 2006

party catering menus & imaginative tips

for the table (spread) for presentation of feast ( recipes in issue)

bridal shower for 10

morrocan style spiced carrot soup

summer rolls with miso

artichoke parmesan turnovers

pita chips & hummus

cupcake tower

decadent dairy free chocolate truffles

birthday for 20

sushi rolls

assorted crackers & cheese

spiced wasabi peas

fondue

a graduation party for 30

summer rolls with miso

a quesadila bar

sushi rolls

chips with salsa & guacamole

cap & gown cupcakes [very cute]

warm cookies & milk

a wedding party for 50

crudites with creamy cilantro lime dip

herbed peas salad in lettuce cups

cumin-laced deviled eggs

cheese platter with crackers & crusty breads

assorted marinated olives

decadent dairy free chocolate truffles

keep in mind that you can mix and match the menu

to your preference & congratulations on your great achievement {graduation}

**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Hey -

As I have said multiple times, I am graduating in May - will be doing

a " reception " kind of thing in my hometown since so few will come to

graduation and I won't be moving back there. Doing something so my

parents can be a part of celebrating. (Mom is 81 and Dad is 86 - Dad is

especially proud of what I am doing - stories anothe time.)

Anyway, want to do finger food stuff - and of course, want to go full

vegan. So gonna start collecting easy, good recipes / ideas - anyone

got any ideas?

Oh, and I will invite all of you. :)

Carol