Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HI there,

I am thinking it might be helpful for you to read the article on soy

that is in the resource center. Go to www.radiantrecovery.com and click

on the resource center link. Soy is actually very good for middle aged

women <smile>

And yep, too much can slow the thyroid, but moderation works well.

warmly,

kathleen

On Apr 22, 2006, at 7:00 PM, smilely.face wrote:

> Hi! It's nice knowing there are folks out there to connect with. I've

> been a vegetarian of whatever degree (I do non-fat dairy and egg

> whites)for a couple of years. Have managed to work my way thru all the

> steps and am now happily sugar free. Would appreciate any feedback on

> tofu as a protein source. After finally developing a taste for tofu,

> veggie cheese, TVP and the like, I came across some unsettling info

> regarding soy intake--primarily that it should not be consumed by

> middle aged women because it can lead to hypothyroidism. Any thoughts?

> Along that line, does anyone have any recipes that will provide

> adequate protein in case tofu replacement becomes necessary? I can't

> do gluten/oats and fat in my diet is low because I have cholesterol

> issues and no gallbladder to handle it so it makes me sick. Thanks for

> any help you can send my way!!

>

>

>

Guest guest

I can't tell you how happy I am to have this resource.I don't eat dairy, eggs or wheat. Sadly George's shake is out. Does anyone have ideas for breakfast with enough protein that are dairy, egg and wheat free? Here is a great staple that I love for anytime: Cut firm tofu into cubes. Marinate it(minimum 2 hours, best 24) in tamari, chopped garlic( depending on your like of garlic) equal amounts of ginger, cumin and turmeric. Bake on sprayed cookie sheet at 350 till browned. Turn every 15 minutes. Keep this in refrig for great protein. Enjoy! ShellieKathleen DesMaisons <radiantkd wrote: HI there,I am thinking it might be helpful for you to read the article on soy that is in the resource center. Go to www.radiantrecovery.com and

click on the resource center link. Soy is actually very good for middle aged women <smile>And yep, too much can slow the thyroid, but moderation works well.warmly,kathleenOn Apr 22, 2006, at 7:00 PM, smilely.face wrote:> Hi! It's nice knowing there are folks out there to connect with. I've> been a vegetarian of whatever degree (I do non-fat dairy and egg> whites)for a couple of years. Have managed to work my way thru all the> steps and am now happily sugar free. Would appreciate any feedback on> tofu as a protein source. After finally developing a taste for tofu,> veggie cheese, TVP and the like, I came across some unsettling info> regarding soy intake--primarily that it should not be consumed by> middle aged women because it can lead to hypothyroidism. Any thoughts?> Along that line, does anyone have any recipes that will provide> adequate protein in case tofu

replacement becomes necessary? I can't> do gluten/oats and fat in my diet is low because I have cholesterol> issues and no gallbladder to handle it so it makes me sick. Thanks for> any help you can send my way!!>>>>>>>>>>

Guest guest

On Apr 23, 2006, at 9:06 AM, Shellie Blumenfield wrote:

> I can't tell you how happy I am to have this resource.

> I don't eat dairy, eggs or wheat. Sadly George's shake is out. Does

> anyone have ideas for breakfast with enough protein that are dairy,

> egg and wheat free?

Try Nutribiotics Rice protein.

kathleen

> Here is a great staple that I love for anytime:

> Cut firm tofu into cubes. Marinate it(minimum 2 hours, best 24) in

> tamari, chopped garlic( depending on your like of garlic) equal

> amounts of  ginger, cumin and turmeric. Bake on sprayed cookie sheet

> at 350 till browned. Turn every 15 minutes. Keep this in refrig for

> great protein.

> Enjoy!

> Shellie

> Kathleen DesMaisons <radiantkd wrote:

>> HI there,

>>

>> I am thinking it might be helpful for you to read the article on soy

>> that is in the resource center. Go to www.radiantrecovery.com and

>> click

>> on the resource center link. Soy is actually very good for middle aged

>> women <smile>

>>

>> And yep, too much can slow the thyroid, but moderation works well.

>>

>> warmly,

>> kathleen

>> On Apr 22, 2006, at 7:00 PM, smilely.face wrote:

>>

>> > Hi! It's nice knowing there are folks out there to connect with.

>> I've

>> > been a vegetarian of whatever degree (I do non-fat dairy and egg

>> > whites)for a couple of years. Have managed to work my way thru all

>> the

>> > steps and am now happily sugar free. Would appreciate any feedback

>> on

>> > tofu as a protein source. After finally developing a taste for tofu,

>> > veggie cheese, TVP and the like, I came across some unsettling info

>> > regarding soy intake--primarily that it should not be consumed by

>> > middle aged women because it can lead to hypothyroidism. Any

>> thoughts?

>> > Along that line, does anyone have any recipes that will provide

>> > adequate protein in case tofu replacement becomes necessary? I can't

>> > do gluten/oats and fat in my diet is low because I have cholesterol

>> > issues and no gallbladder to handle it so it makes me sick. Thanks

>> for

>> > any help you can send my way!!

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

Guest guest

Is that available at your store? If not, where do I find it? Thanks for replying!!!Kathleen DesMaisons <radiantkd wrote: On Apr 23, 2006, at 9:06 AM, Shellie Blumenfield wrote:> I can't tell you how happy I am to have this resource.> I don't eat dairy, eggs or wheat. Sadly George's shake is out. Does > anyone have ideas for breakfast with enough protein that are dairy, > egg and wheat free?Try Nutribiotics Rice protein.kathleen> Here is a great staple that I love for anytime:> Cut firm tofu into cubes. Marinate it(minimum 2 hours, best 24) in > tamari, chopped garlic( depending on your like of garlic) equal > amounts of ginger, cumin and turmeric. Bake on sprayed cookie sheet > at 350 till browned. Turn

every 15 minutes. Keep this in refrig for > great protein.> Enjoy!> Shellie> Kathleen DesMaisons wrote:>> HI there,>>>> I am thinking it might be helpful for you to read the article on soy>> that is in the resource center. Go to www.radiantrecovery.com and >> click>> on the resource center link. Soy is actually very good for middle aged>> women >>>> And yep, too much can slow the thyroid, but moderation works well.>>>> warmly,>> kathleen>> On Apr 22, 2006, at 7:00 PM, smilely.face wrote:>>>> > Hi! It's nice knowing there are folks out there to connect with. >> I've>> > been a vegetarian of whatever degree (I do non-fat dairy and egg>> > whites)for a couple of years. Have managed to work my way thru all >>

the>> > steps and am now happily sugar free. Would appreciate any feedback >> on>> > tofu as a protein source. After finally developing a taste for tofu,>> > veggie cheese, TVP and the like, I came across some unsettling info>> > regarding soy intake--primarily that it should not be consumed by>> > middle aged women because it can lead to hypothyroidism. Any >> thoughts?>> > Along that line, does anyone have any recipes that will provide>> > adequate protein in case tofu replacement becomes necessary? I can't>> > do gluten/oats and fat in my diet is low because I have cholesterol>> > issues and no gallbladder to handle it so it makes me sick. Thanks >> for>> > any help you can send my way!!>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>>

>>> >>> >>> >

Guest guest

Dear Shellie, I am taking lentils/sprouts (3/4cup of dry lentils/sprouts) for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lentils can be cooked in many ways. At breakfast I take boiled lentils and very little spice with vegetable and Indian chapati. At times I take cottage cheese with salt and some herbs and sweet peas. The best part is that lentil breakfast keeps me full and energetic for 5 hours. Hope this helps. KiranShellie Blumenfield <shellieh222 wrote: I can't tell you how happy I am to have this resource.I don't eat dairy, eggs or wheat. Sadly George's shake is out. Does anyone have ideas for breakfast with enough protein that are dairy, egg and wheat free? Here is a great staple that I love for anytime: Cut firm tofu

into cubes. Marinate it(minimum 2 hours, best 24) in tamari, chopped garlic( depending on your like of garlic) equal amounts of ginger, cumin and turmeric. Bake on sprayed cookie sheet at 350 till browned. Turn every 15 minutes. Keep this in refrig for great protein. Enjoy! ShellieKathleen DesMaisons <radiantkd wrote: HI there,I am thinking it might be helpful for you to read the article on soy that is in the resource center. Go to www.radiantrecovery.com and click on the resource center link. Soy is actually very good for middle aged women <smile>And yep, too much can slow the thyroid, but moderation works well.warmly,kathleenOn Apr 22, 2006, at 7:00 PM, smilely.face wrote:> Hi! It's nice knowing there are folks out there

to connect with. I've> been a vegetarian of whatever degree (I do non-fat dairy and egg> whites)for a couple of years. Have managed to work my way thru all the> steps and am now happily sugar free. Would appreciate any feedback on> tofu as a protein source. After finally developing a taste for tofu,> veggie cheese, TVP and the like, I came across some unsettling info> regarding soy intake--primarily that it should not be consumed by> middle aged women because it can lead to hypothyroidism. Any thoughts?> Along that line, does anyone have any recipes that will provide> adequate protein in case tofu replacement becomes necessary? I can't> do gluten/oats and fat in my diet is low because I have cholesterol> issues and no gallbladder to handle it so it makes me sick. Thanks for> any help you can send my way!!>>>>>>>>>>

Groups Links>>>>>>> Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Jiyo cricket on India cricket

Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time.

Guest guest

pretty much any natural food store will have it. And we don’t carry it. One thing you might consider..many people who have a problem with dairy do fine with the whey protein isolate in George’s restore.Warmly,kathleenOn Apr 23, 2006, at 2:04 PM, Shellie Blumenfield wrote: Is that available at your store? If not, where do I find it? Thanks for replying!!!Kathleen DesMaisons <radiantkd wrote: On Apr 23, 2006, at 9:06 AM, Shellie Blumenfield wrote:> I can't tell you how happy I am to have this resource.> I don't eat dairy, eggs or wheat. Sadly George's shake is out. Does > anyone have ideas for breakfast with enough protein that are dairy, > egg and wheat free?Try Nutribiotics Rice protein.kathleen> Here is a great staple that I love for anytime:> Cut firm tofu into cubes. Marinate it(minimum 2 hours, best 24) in > tamari, chopped garlic( depending on your like of garlic) equal > amounts of  ginger, cumin and turmeric. Bake on sprayed cookie sheet > at 350 till browned. Turn every 15 minutes. Keep this in refrig for > great protein.> Enjoy!> Shellie> Kathleen DesMaisons wrote:>> HI there,>>>> I am thinking it might be helpful for you to read the article on soy>> that is in the resource center. Go to www.radiantrecovery.com and >> click>> on the resource center link. Soy is actually very good for middle aged>> women >>>> And yep, too much can slow the thyroid, but moderation works well.>>>> warmly,>> kathleen>> On Apr 22, 2006, at 7:00 PM, smilely.face wrote:>>>> > Hi! It's nice knowing there are folks out there to connect with. >> I've>> > been a vegetarian of whatever degree (I do non-fat dairy and egg>> > whites)for a couple of years. Have managed to work my way thru all >> the>> > steps and am now happily sugar free. Would appreciate any feedback >> on>> > tofu as a protein source. After finally developing a taste for tofu,>> > veggie cheese, TVP and the like, I came across some unsettling info>> > regarding soy intake--primarily that it should not be consumed by>> > middle aged women because it can lead to hypothyroidism. Any >> thoughts?>> > Along that line, does anyone have any recipes that will provide>> > adequate protein in case tofu replacement becomes necessary? I can't>> > do gluten/oats and fat in my diet is low because I have cholesterol>> > issues and no gallbladder to handle it so it makes me sick. Thanks >> for>> > any help you can send my way!!>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >

Guest guest

Hi Kiran, Thanks for your help. What is Indian Chapati? Is that 3/4 C dry lentils per meal? Thanks again, ShellieKiran Agarwal <kiranagarwal2 wrote: Dear Shellie, I am taking lentils/sprouts (3/4cup of dry lentils/sprouts) for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lentils can be cooked in many ways. At breakfast I take boiled lentils and very little spice with vegetable and Indian chapati. At times I take cottage cheese with salt and some herbs and sweet peas. The best part is that lentil breakfast keeps me full and energetic for 5 hours. Hope this helps. KiranShellie Blumenfield <shellieh222 wrote: I can't tell you how happy I am to have this resource.I don't eat dairy, eggs or wheat. Sadly George's shake is out. Does anyone have ideas for breakfast with enough protein that are dairy, egg and wheat free? Here is a great staple that I love for anytime: Cut firm tofu into cubes. Marinate it(minimum 2 hours, best 24) in tamari, chopped garlic( depending on your like of garlic) equal amounts of ginger, cumin and turmeric. Bake on sprayed cookie sheet at 350 till browned. Turn every 15 minutes. Keep this in refrig for great protein. Enjoy! ShellieKathleen DesMaisons <radiantkd wrote: HI there,I am thinking it might be helpful for you to read the article on soy that is in the resource center. Go to

www.radiantrecovery.com and click on the resource center link. Soy is actually very good for middle aged women <smile>And yep, too much can slow the thyroid, but moderation works well.warmly,kathleenOn Apr 22, 2006, at 7:00 PM, smilely.face wrote:> Hi! It's nice knowing there are folks out there to connect with. I've> been a vegetarian of whatever degree (I do non-fat dairy and egg> whites)for a couple of years. Have managed to work my way thru all the> steps and am now happily sugar free. Would appreciate any feedback on> tofu as a protein source. After finally developing a taste for tofu,> veggie cheese, TVP and the like, I came across some unsettling info> regarding soy intake--primarily that it should not be consumed by> middle aged women because it can lead to hypothyroidism. Any thoughts?> Along that line, does anyone have any recipes that will provide>

adequate protein in case tofu replacement becomes necessary? I can't> do gluten/oats and fat in my diet is low because I have cholesterol> issues and no gallbladder to handle it so it makes me sick. Thanks for> any help you can send my way!!>>>>>>>>>>

Guest guest

Yum Shellie, that sounds wonderful!  Can I

add this to the recipes in the files section of our list?

Heather

On Behalf Of Shellie Blumenfield

April 23, 2006 10:07 AM

Re:

new to group

I can't tell you how happy I am to have this resource.

I don't eat dairy, eggs or wheat. Sadly George's shake is out. Does anyone have

ideas for breakfast with enough protein that are dairy, egg and wheat

free?

Here is a great staple that I love for anytime:

Cut firm tofu into cubes. Marinate it(minimum 2 hours, best 24) in

tamari, chopped garlic( depending on your like of garlic) equal amounts

of ginger, cumin and turmeric. Bake on sprayed cookie sheet at

350 till browned. Turn every 15 minutes. Keep this in refrig for great protein.

Enjoy!

Shellie

Kathleen DesMaisons

<radiantkd wrote:

HI there,

women <smile>

warmly,

kathleen

>

>

>

Guest guest

I’ve used a soy and whey free veggieprotein powder from Naturade before. It’s a bit chalky, but with some added oilin the shake it turns out ok :)Heather On Behalf Of Kathleen DesMaisonsApril 23, 2006 10:34 AM Subject: Re: new to group On Apr 23, 2006, at 9:06 AM, Shellie Blumenfield wrote: I can't tell you how happy I am to have this resource. I don't eat dairy, eggs or wheat. Sadly George's shake is out. Doesanyone have ideas for breakfast with enough protein that are dairy,egg and wheat free? Try Nutribiotics Rice protein. kathleen Here is a great staple that I love for anytime: Cut firm tofu into cubes. Marinate it(minimum 2 hours, best 24) intamari, chopped garlic( depending on your like of garlic) equal amountsof ginger, cumin and turmeric. Bake on sprayed cookie sheet at 350till browned. Turn every 15 minutes. Keep this in refrig for great protein. Enjoy! Shellie KathleenDesMaisons <radiantkd wrote: HI there, I am thinking it might be helpful for you to read the article on soy that is in the resource center. Go to www.radiantrecovery.com and clickon the resource center link. Soy is actually very good for middle aged women <smile> And yep, too much can slow the thyroid, but moderation works well. warmly, kathleen On Apr 22, 2006, at 7:00 PM, smilely.face wrote: > Hi! It's nice knowing there are folks out there to connect with.I've > been a vegetarian of whatever degree (I do non-fat dairy and egg > whites)for a couple of years. Have managed to work my way thru allthe > steps and am now happily sugar free. Would appreciate any feedbackon > tofu as a protein source. After finally developing a taste fortofu, > veggie cheese, TVP and the like, I came across some unsettlinginfo > regarding soy intake--primarily that it should not be consumed by > middle aged women because it can lead to hypothyroidism. Anythoughts? > Along that line, does anyone have any recipes that will provide > adequate protein in case tofu replacement becomes necessary? Ican't > do gluten/oats and fat in my diet is low because I havecholesterol > issues and no gallbladder to handle it so it makes me sick. Thanksfor > any help you can send my way!! > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Thank you heather. I will try it. How are you doing??"Butler, Heather" <hbutler wrote: I’ve used a soy and whey free veggie protein powder from Naturade before. It’s a bit chalky, but with some added oil in the shake it turns out ok :) Heather On Behalf Of Kathleen DesMaisonsApril 23, 2006 10:34 AM Subject: Re: new to group On Apr 23, 2006, at 9:06 AM, Shellie Blumenfield wrote: I can't tell you how happy I am to have this resource. I don't eat dairy, eggs or wheat. Sadly George's shake is out. Does anyone have ideas for breakfast with enough protein that are dairy, egg and wheat free? Try Nutribiotics Rice protein. kathleen Here is a great staple that I love for anytime: Cut firm tofu into cubes. Marinate it(minimum 2 hours, best 24) in tamari,

chopped garlic( depending on your like of garlic) equal amounts of ginger, cumin and turmeric. Bake on sprayed cookie sheet at 350 till browned. Turn every 15 minutes. Keep this in refrig for great protein. Enjoy! Shellie Kathleen DesMaisons <radiantkd wrote: HI there,

I am thinking it might be helpful for you to read the article on soy that is in the resource center. Go to www.radiantrecovery.com and click on the resource center link. Soy is actually very good for middle aged women <smile> And yep, too much can slow the thyroid, but moderation works well. warmly, kathleen On Apr 22, 2006, at 7:00 PM, smilely.face wrote: > Hi! It's nice knowing there are folks out there to connect with. I've > been a vegetarian of whatever degree (I do non-fat dairy and egg > whites)for a couple of years. Have managed to work my way thru all the > steps and am now happily sugar free. Would appreciate any feedback on > tofu as a

protein source. After finally developing a taste for tofu, > veggie cheese, TVP and the like, I came across some unsettling info > regarding soy intake--primarily that it should not be consumed by > middle aged women because it can lead to hypothyroidism. Any thoughts? > Along that line, does anyone have any recipes that will provide > adequate protein in case tofu replacement becomes necessary? I can't > do gluten/oats and fat in my diet is low because I have cholesterol > issues and no gallbladder to handle it so it makes me sick. Thanks for > any help you can send my way!! > >

> > > > > > >

>

Guest guest

Indian chapati is Indian bread made from whole wheat and is available at Indian stores. I amke it at home. Yes, It is 3/4 cup of dry lentils per meal. You need to cook the dry lentil as a stew with turmeric, salt and herbs like cilantro. I take a big squeeze of lemon in it. KiranShellie Blumenfield <shellieh222 wrote: Hi Kiran, Thanks for your help. What is Indian Chapati? Is that 3/4 C dry lentils per meal? Thanks again, ShellieKiran Agarwal <kiranagarwal2 wrote: Dear Shellie, I am taking lentils/sprouts (3/4cup of dry lentils/sprouts) for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lentils can be cooked in many ways. At

breakfast I take boiled lentils and very little spice with vegetable and Indian chapati. At times I take cottage cheese with salt and some herbs and sweet peas. The best part is that lentil breakfast keeps me full and energetic for 5 hours. Hope this helps. KiranShellie Blumenfield <shellieh222 wrote: I can't tell you how happy I am to have this resource.I don't eat dairy, eggs or wheat. Sadly George's shake is out. Does anyone have ideas for breakfast with enough protein that are dairy, egg and wheat free? Here is a great staple that I love for anytime: Cut firm tofu into cubes. Marinate it(minimum 2 hours, best 24) in tamari, chopped garlic( depending on your like of garlic) equal amounts of ginger, cumin and

turmeric. Bake on sprayed cookie sheet at 350 till browned. Turn every 15 minutes. Keep this in refrig for great protein. Enjoy! ShellieKathleen DesMaisons <radiantkd wrote: HI there,I am thinking it might be helpful for you to read the article on soy that is in the resource center. Go to www.radiantrecovery.com and click on the resource center link. Soy is actually very good for middle aged women <smile>And yep, too much can slow the thyroid, but moderation works well.warmly,kathleenOn Apr 22, 2006, at 7:00 PM, smilely.face wrote:> Hi! It's nice knowing there are folks out there to connect with. I've> been a vegetarian of whatever degree (I do non-fat dairy and egg> whites)for a couple of years. Have managed to work my way

thru all the> steps and am now happily sugar free. Would appreciate any feedback on> tofu as a protein source. After finally developing a taste for tofu,> veggie cheese, TVP and the like, I came across some unsettling info> regarding soy intake--primarily that it should not be consumed by> middle aged women because it can lead to hypothyroidism. Any thoughts?> Along that line, does anyone have any recipes that will provide> adequate protein in case tofu replacement becomes necessary? I can't> do gluten/oats and fat in my diet is low because I have cholesterol> issues and no gallbladder to handle it so it makes me sick. Thanks for> any help you can send my way!!>>>>>>>>>>

Guest guest

Thank you Kiran. I can't wait to try them. How are you doing?Kiran Agarwal <kiranagarwal2 wrote: Indian chapati is Indian bread made from whole wheat and is available at Indian stores. I amke it at home. Yes, It is 3/4 cup of dry lentils per meal. You need to cook the dry lentil as a stew with turmeric, salt and herbs like cilantro. I take a big squeeze of lemon in it. KiranShellie Blumenfield <shellieh222 wrote: Hi Kiran, Thanks for your help. What is Indian Chapati? Is that 3/4 C dry lentils per meal? Thanks again, ShellieKiran Agarwal <kiranagarwal2 wrote: Dear Shellie, I am taking lentils/sprouts (3/4cup of dry lentils/sprouts) for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lentils can be cooked in many ways. At breakfast I take boiled lentils and very little spice with vegetable and Indian chapati. At times I take cottage cheese with salt and some herbs and sweet peas. The best part is that lentil breakfast keeps me full and energetic for 5 hours. Hope this helps. KiranShellie Blumenfield <shellieh222 wrote: I can't tell you how happy I am to have this resource.I don't eat dairy, eggs or wheat. Sadly George's shake is out. Does anyone have ideas for breakfast with enough protein that are dairy, egg and wheat free? Here is a great staple that I love for anytime: Cut firm tofu into cubes. Marinate it(minimum 2 hours, best 24) in tamari, chopped garlic( depending on your like of garlic) equal amounts of ginger, cumin and turmeric. Bake on sprayed cookie sheet at 350 till browned. Turn every 15 minutes. Keep this in refrig for great protein. Enjoy! ShellieKathleen DesMaisons <radiantkd wrote: HI there,I am thinking it might be helpful for you to read the article on soy that is in the resource center. Go to www.radiantrecovery.com and click on the resource center link. Soy is actually very good for middle aged women <smile>And yep, too much can slow the thyroid, but moderation works well.warmly,kathleenOn Apr 22, 2006, at 7:00

PM, smilely.face wrote:> Hi! It's nice knowing there are folks out there to connect with. I've> been a vegetarian of whatever degree (I do non-fat dairy and egg> whites)for a couple of years. Have managed to work my way thru all the> steps and am now happily sugar free. Would appreciate any feedback on> tofu as a protein source. After finally developing a taste for tofu,> veggie cheese, TVP and the like, I came across some unsettling info> regarding soy intake--primarily that it should not be consumed by> middle aged women because it can lead to hypothyroidism. Any thoughts?> Along that line, does anyone have any recipes that will provide> adequate protein in case tofu replacement becomes necessary? I can't> do gluten/oats and fat in my diet is low because I have cholesterol> issues and no gallbladder to handle it so it makes me sick. Thanks for> any help you can send my

way!!>>>>>>>>>>

Guest guest

Hi Shellie, I have not been able to come to 3 meals per day. I snack up on soynuts and cranberries in between meals. KiranShellie Blumenfield <shellieh222 wrote: Thank you Kiran. I can't wait to try them. How are you doing?Kiran Agarwal <kiranagarwal2 wrote: Indian chapati is Indian bread made from whole wheat and is available at Indian stores. I amke it at home. Yes, It is 3/4 cup of dry lentils per meal. You need to cook the dry lentil as a stew with turmeric, salt and herbs like cilantro. I take a big squeeze of lemon in it. KiranShellie Blumenfield <shellieh222 wrote: Hi Kiran, Thanks for your help. What is Indian Chapati? Is that 3/4 C dry lentils per meal? Thanks again, ShellieKiran Agarwal <kiranagarwal2 wrote: Dear Shellie, I am taking lentils/sprouts (3/4cup of dry lentils/sprouts) for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lentils can be cooked in many ways. At breakfast I take boiled lentils and very little spice with vegetable and Indian chapati. At times I take cottage cheese with salt and some herbs and sweet peas. The best part is that lentil breakfast keeps me full and energetic for 5 hours. Hope this helps. KiranShellie Blumenfield <shellieh222 wrote: I can't tell you how happy I am to have this resource.I don't eat dairy, eggs or wheat. Sadly George's shake is out. Does anyone have ideas for breakfast with enough protein that are dairy, egg and wheat free? Here is a great staple that I love for anytime: Cut firm tofu into cubes. Marinate it(minimum 2 hours, best 24) in tamari, chopped garlic( depending on your like of garlic) equal amounts of ginger, cumin and turmeric. Bake on sprayed cookie sheet at 350 till browned. Turn every 15 minutes. Keep this in refrig for great protein. Enjoy! ShellieKathleen DesMaisons <radiantkd wrote: HI there,I am thinking it might be helpful for you to read

the article on soy that is in the resource center. Go to www.radiantrecovery.com and click on the resource center link. Soy is actually very good for middle aged women <smile>And yep, too much can slow the thyroid, but moderation works well.warmly,kathleenOn Apr 22, 2006, at 7:00 PM, smilely.face wrote:> Hi! It's nice knowing there are folks out there to connect with. I've> been a vegetarian of whatever degree (I do non-fat dairy and egg> whites)for a couple of years. Have managed to work my way thru all the> steps and am now happily sugar free. Would appreciate any feedback on> tofu as a protein source. After finally developing a taste for tofu,> veggie cheese, TVP and the like, I came across some unsettling info> regarding soy intake--primarily that it should not be consumed by> middle aged women because it can lead to hypothyroidism. Any thoughts?> Along that

line, does anyone have any recipes that will provide> adequate protein in case tofu replacement becomes necessary? I can't> do gluten/oats and fat in my diet is low because I have cholesterol> issues and no gallbladder to handle it so it makes me sick. Thanks for> any help you can send my way!!>>>>>>>>>>

Guest guest

Hi Kiran, It seems like soy nuts and cranberries are not the end of the world. I love your lentils. They are great. Write anytime you want. ShellieKiran Agarwal <kiranagarwal2 wrote: Hi Shellie, I have not been able to come to 3 meals per day. I snack up on soynuts and cranberries in between meals. KiranShellie Blumenfield <shellieh222 wrote: Thank you Kiran. I can't wait to try them. How are you doing?Kiran Agarwal <kiranagarwal2 wrote: Indian chapati is Indian

bread made from whole wheat and is available at Indian stores. I amke it at home. Yes, It is 3/4 cup of dry lentils per meal. You need to cook the dry lentil as a stew with turmeric, salt and herbs like cilantro. I take a big squeeze of lemon in it. KiranShellie Blumenfield <shellieh222 wrote: Hi Kiran, Thanks for your help. What is Indian Chapati? Is that 3/4 C dry lentils per meal? Thanks again, ShellieKiran Agarwal <kiranagarwal2 wrote: Dear Shellie, I am taking lentils/sprouts (3/4cup of dry lentils/sprouts) for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lentils can be cooked in many ways. At breakfast I take boiled

lentils and very little spice with vegetable and Indian chapati. At times I take cottage cheese with salt and some herbs and sweet peas. The best part is that lentil breakfast keeps me full and energetic for 5 hours. Hope this helps. KiranShellie Blumenfield <shellieh222 wrote: I can't tell you how happy I am to have this resource.I don't eat dairy, eggs or wheat. Sadly George's shake is out. Does anyone have ideas for breakfast with enough protein that are dairy, egg and wheat free? Here is a great staple that I love for anytime: Cut firm tofu into cubes. Marinate it(minimum 2 hours, best 24) in tamari, chopped garlic( depending on your like of garlic) equal amounts of ginger, cumin and turmeric. Bake on sprayed cookie

sheet at 350 till browned. Turn every 15 minutes. Keep this in refrig for great protein. Enjoy! ShellieKathleen DesMaisons <radiantkd wrote: HI there,I am thinking it might be helpful for you to read the article on soy that is in the resource center. Go to www.radiantrecovery.com and click on the resource center link. Soy is actually very good for middle aged women <smile>And yep, too much can slow the thyroid, but moderation works well.warmly,kathleenOn Apr 22, 2006, at 7:00 PM, smilely.face wrote:> Hi! It's nice knowing there are folks out there to connect with. I've> been a vegetarian of whatever degree (I do non-fat dairy and egg> whites)for a couple of years. Have managed to work my way thru all the> steps and am now

happily sugar free. Would appreciate any feedback on> tofu as a protein source. After finally developing a taste for tofu,> veggie cheese, TVP and the like, I came across some unsettling info> regarding soy intake--primarily that it should not be consumed by> middle aged women because it can lead to hypothyroidism. Any thoughts?> Along that line, does anyone have any recipes that will provide> adequate protein in case tofu replacement becomes necessary? I can't> do gluten/oats and fat in my diet is low because I have cholesterol> issues and no gallbladder to handle it so it makes me sick. Thanks for> any help you can send my way!!>>>>>>>>>>

Guest guest

Hi Kiran, I was thinking about how raisins used to be a trigger for me. Not sure what step you are on. I think of you everytime i have youer yummy lentils! ShellieShellie Blumenfield <shellieh222 wrote: Hi Kiran, It seems like soy nuts and cranberries are not the end of the world. I love your lentils. They are great. Write anytime you want. ShellieKiran Agarwal <kiranagarwal2 wrote: Hi Shellie, I have not been able to come to 3 meals per day. I snack up on soynuts and cranberries in between meals. KiranShellie Blumenfield <shellieh222

wrote: Thank you Kiran. I can't wait to try them. How are you doing?Kiran Agarwal <kiranagarwal2 wrote: Indian chapati is Indian bread made from whole wheat and is available at Indian stores. I amke it at home. Yes, It is 3/4 cup of dry lentils per meal. You need to cook the dry lentil as a stew with turmeric, salt and herbs like cilantro. I take a big squeeze of lemon in it. KiranShellie Blumenfield <shellieh222 wrote: Hi Kiran, Thanks for your help. What is Indian Chapati? Is that 3/4 C dry lentils per meal? Thanks again, ShellieKiran Agarwal <kiranagarwal2 wrote: Dear Shellie, I am taking lentils/sprouts (3/4cup of dry lentils/sprouts) for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lentils can be cooked in many ways. At breakfast I take boiled lentils and very little spice with vegetable and Indian chapati. At times I take cottage cheese with salt and some herbs and sweet peas. The best part is that lentil breakfast keeps me full and energetic for 5 hours. Hope this helps. KiranShellie Blumenfield <shellieh222 wrote: I can't tell you how happy I am to have this resource.I don't eat dairy, eggs or wheat. Sadly George's shake

is out. Does anyone have ideas for breakfast with enough protein that are dairy, egg and wheat free? Here is a great staple that I love for anytime: Cut firm tofu into cubes. Marinate it(minimum 2 hours, best 24) in tamari, chopped garlic( depending on your like of garlic) equal amounts of ginger, cumin and turmeric. Bake on sprayed cookie sheet at 350 till browned. Turn every 15 minutes. Keep this in refrig for great protein. Enjoy! ShellieKathleen DesMaisons <radiantkd wrote: HI there,I am thinking it might be helpful for you to read the article on soy that is in the resource center. Go to www.radiantrecovery.com and click on the resource center link. Soy is actually very good for middle aged women <smile>And yep,

too much can slow the thyroid, but moderation works well.warmly,kathleenOn Apr 22, 2006, at 7:00 PM, smilely.face wrote:> Hi! It's nice knowing there are folks out there to connect with. I've> been a vegetarian of whatever degree (I do non-fat dairy and egg> whites)for a couple of years. Have managed to work my way thru all the> steps and am now happily sugar free. Would appreciate any feedback on> tofu as a protein source. After finally developing a taste for tofu,> veggie cheese, TVP and the like, I came across some unsettling info> regarding soy intake--primarily that it should not be consumed by> middle aged women because it can lead to hypothyroidism. Any thoughts?> Along that line, does anyone have any recipes that will provide> adequate protein in case tofu replacement becomes necessary? I can't> do gluten/oats and fat in my diet is low because I have cholesterol>

issues and no gallbladder to handle it so it makes me sick. Thanks for> any help you can send my way!!>>>>>>>>>>

Guest guest

I'm good! I just got a new jar of George's Refresh and I'm so excited for a new

protein powder. This one is whey based, but I seem to be ok on it as long as I

don't have it every day.

Heather

on behalf of Shellie Blumenfield

Mon 4/24/2006 4:34 PM

RE: new to group

Thank you heather. I will try it. How are you doing??

" Butler, Heather " <hbutler wrote: v\:*

{behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:*

{behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) } Iâ?Tve used a soy and whey

free veggie protein powder from Naturade before. Itâ?Ts a bit chalky, but with

some added oil in the shake it turns out ok :)

Heather

On Behalf Of Kathleen DesMaisons

April 23, 2006 10:34 AM

Re: new to group

On Apr 23, 2006, at 9:06 AM, Shellie Blumenfield wrote:

I can't tell you how happy I am to have this resource.

I don't eat dairy, eggs or wheat. Sadly George's shake is out. Does anyone

have ideas for breakfast with enough protein that are dairy, egg and wheat free?

Try Nutribiotics Rice protein.

kathleen

Here is a great staple that I love for anytime:

Cut firm tofu into cubes. Marinate it(minimum 2 hours, best 24) in tamari,

chopped garlic( depending on your like of garlic) equal amounts of ginger,

cumin and turmeric. Bake on sprayed cookie sheet at 350 till browned. Turn every

15 minutes. Keep this in refrig for great protein.

Enjoy!

Shellie

Kathleen DesMaisons <radiantkd wrote:

HI there,

women <smile>

warmly,

kathleen

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

LOL that would be Restore, not refresh....

Kathleen

On Apr 27, 2006, at 9:20 AM, Butler, Heather wrote:

> I'm good! I just got a new jar of George's Refresh and I'm so

> excited for a new protein powder. This one is whey based, but I

> seem to be ok on it as long as I don't have it every day.

> Heather

>

>

>

> on behalf of Shellie

> Blumenfield

> Mon 4/24/2006 4:34 PM

>

> RE: new to group

>

> Thank you heather. I will try it. How are you doing??

>

> " Butler, Heather " <hbutler wrote: v\:* {behavior:url

> (#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:*

> {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url

> (#default#VML);} st1\:*{behavior:url

> (#default#ieooui) } Iâ?Tve used a soy and whey free

> veggie protein powder from Naturade before. Itâ?Ts a bit chalky,

> but with some added oil in the shake it turns out ok :)

> Heather

>

>

>

>

>

> On Behalf Of Kathleen

> DesMaisons

> April 23, 2006 10:34 AM

>

> Re: new to group

>

>

>

> On Apr 23, 2006, at 9:06 AM, Shellie Blumenfield wrote:

>

>

>

> I don't eat dairy, eggs or wheat. Sadly George's shake is out.

> Does anyone have ideas for breakfast with enough protein that are

> dairy, egg and wheat free?

>

>

> Try Nutribiotics Rice protein.

>

>

> kathleen

>

> Here is a great staple that I love for anytime:

>

> Cut firm tofu into cubes. Marinate it(minimum 2 hours, best 24)

> in tamari, chopped garlic( depending on your like of garlic) equal

> amounts of ginger, cumin and turmeric. Bake on sprayed cookie

> sheet at 350 till browned. Turn every 15 minutes. Keep this in

> refrig for great protein.

>

> Enjoy!

>

> Shellie

>

>

> HI there,

>

>

> I am thinking it might be helpful for you to read the article

> on soy

>

> that is in the resource center. Go to www.radiantrecovery.com

> and click

>

> on the resource center link. Soy is actually very good for

> middle aged

>

> women <smile>

>

>

> And yep, too much can slow the thyroid, but moderation works well.

>

>

> warmly,

>

> kathleen

>

> On Apr 22, 2006, at 7:00 PM, smilely.face wrote:

>

>

>> Hi! It's nice knowing there are folks out there to connect with. I've

>

>> been a vegetarian of whatever degree (I do non-fat dairy and egg

>

>> whites)for a couple of years. Have managed to work my way thru all

>> the

>

>> steps and am now happily sugar free. Would appreciate any feedback on

>

>> tofu as a protein source. After finally developing a taste for tofu,

>

>> veggie cheese, TVP and the like, I came across some unsettling info

>

>> regarding soy intake--primarily that it should not be consumed by

>

>> middle aged women because it can lead to hypothyroidism. Any

>> thoughts?

>

>> Along that line, does anyone have any recipes that will provide

>

>> adequate protein in case tofu replacement becomes necessary? I can't

>

>> do gluten/oats and fat in my diet is low because I have cholesterol

>

>> issues and no gallbladder to handle it so it makes me sick. Thanks

>> for

>

>> any help you can send my way!!

>

>>

>

>>

>

>>

>

>>

>

>>

>

>>

>

>>

>

>>

>

>>

>

>>

Guest guest

Heh, I realized that right after I wrote it LOLOL. Ooops!

Heather

on behalf of Kathleen DesMaisons

Thu 4/27/2006 12:05 PM

Re: new to group

LOL that would be Restore, not refresh....

Kathleen

On Apr 27, 2006, at 9:20 AM, Butler, Heather wrote:

> I'm good! I just got a new jar of George's Refresh and I'm so

> excited for a new protein powder. This one is whey based, but I

> seem to be ok on it as long as I don't have it every day.

> Heather

>

>

>

> on behalf of Shellie

> Blumenfield

> Mon 4/24/2006 4:34 PM

>

> RE: new to group

>

> Thank you heather. I will try it. How are you doing??

>

> " Butler, Heather " <hbutler wrote: v\:* {behavior:url

> (#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:*

> {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url

> (#default#VML);} st1\:*{behavior:url

> (#default#ieooui) } Iâ?Tve used a soy and whey free

> veggie protein powder from Naturade before. Itâ?Ts a bit chalky,

> but with some added oil in the shake it turns out ok :)

> Heather

>

>

>

>

>

> On Behalf Of Kathleen

> DesMaisons

> April 23, 2006 10:34 AM

>

> Re: new to group

>

>

>

> On Apr 23, 2006, at 9:06 AM, Shellie Blumenfield wrote:

>

>

>

> I don't eat dairy, eggs or wheat. Sadly George's shake is out.

> Does anyone have ideas for breakfast with enough protein that are

> dairy, egg and wheat free?

>

>

> Try Nutribiotics Rice protein.

>

>

> kathleen

>

> Here is a great staple that I love for anytime:

>

> Cut firm tofu into cubes. Marinate it(minimum 2 hours, best 24)

> in tamari, chopped garlic( depending on your like of garlic) equal

> amounts of ginger, cumin and turmeric. Bake on sprayed cookie

> sheet at 350 till browned. Turn every 15 minutes. Keep this in

> refrig for great protein.

>

> Enjoy!

>

> Shellie

>

>

> HI there,

>

>

> I am thinking it might be helpful for you to read the article

> on soy

>

> that is in the resource center. Go to www.radiantrecovery.com

> and click

>

> on the resource center link. Soy is actually very good for

> middle aged

>

> women <smile>

>

>

> And yep, too much can slow the thyroid, but moderation works well.

>

>

> warmly,

>

> kathleen

>

> On Apr 22, 2006, at 7:00 PM, smilely.face wrote:

>

>

>> Hi! It's nice knowing there are folks out there to connect with. I've

>

>> been a vegetarian of whatever degree (I do non-fat dairy and egg

>

>> whites)for a couple of years. Have managed to work my way thru all

>> the

>

>> steps and am now happily sugar free. Would appreciate any feedback on

>

>> tofu as a protein source. After finally developing a taste for tofu,

>

>> veggie cheese, TVP and the like, I came across some unsettling info

>

>> regarding soy intake--primarily that it should not be consumed by

>

>> middle aged women because it can lead to hypothyroidism. Any

>> thoughts?

>

>> Along that line, does anyone have any recipes that will provide

>

>> adequate protein in case tofu replacement becomes necessary? I can't

>

>> do gluten/oats and fat in my diet is low because I have cholesterol

>

>> issues and no gallbladder to handle it so it makes me sick. Thanks

>> for

>

>> any help you can send my way!!

>

>>

>

>>

>

>>

>

>>

>

>>

>

>>

>

>>

>

>>

>

>>

>

>>

Guest guest

Dear Shellie, Do you have any insights about raisins? I am on step 1. KiranShellie Blumenfield <shellieh222 wrote: Hi Kiran, I was thinking about how raisins used to be a trigger for me. Not sure what step you are on. I think of you everytime i have youer yummy lentils! ShellieShellie Blumenfield <shellieh222 wrote: Hi Kiran, It seems like soy nuts and cranberries are not the end of the world. I love your lentils. They are great. Write anytime you want. ShellieKiran Agarwal <kiranagarwal2 wrote: Hi Shellie, I have not been able to come to 3 meals per day. I snack up on soynuts and cranberries in between meals. KiranShellie Blumenfield <shellieh222 wrote: Thank you Kiran. I can't wait to try them. How are you doing?Kiran Agarwal <kiranagarwal2 wrote: Indian chapati is Indian bread made from whole wheat and is available at Indian stores. I amke it at home. Yes, It is 3/4 cup of dry lentils per meal. You need to cook the dry lentil as a stew with turmeric, salt and herbs like cilantro. I take a big squeeze of lemon in it. KiranShellie Blumenfield

<shellieh222 wrote: Hi Kiran, Thanks for your help. What is Indian Chapati? Is that 3/4 C dry lentils per meal? Thanks again, ShellieKiran Agarwal <kiranagarwal2 wrote: Dear Shellie, I am taking lentils/sprouts (3/4cup of dry lentils/sprouts) for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lentils can be cooked in many ways. At breakfast I take boiled lentils and very little spice with vegetable and Indian chapati. At times I take cottage cheese with salt and some herbs and sweet peas. The best part is that lentil breakfast keeps me full and energetic for 5 hours. Hope this helps. KiranShellie

Blumenfield <shellieh222 wrote: I can't tell you how happy I am to have this resource.I don't eat dairy, eggs or wheat. Sadly George's shake is out. Does anyone have ideas for breakfast with enough protein that are dairy, egg and wheat free? Here is a great staple that I love for anytime: Cut firm tofu into cubes. Marinate it(minimum 2 hours, best 24) in tamari, chopped garlic( depending on your like of garlic) equal amounts of ginger, cumin and turmeric. Bake on sprayed cookie sheet at 350 till browned. Turn every 15 minutes. Keep this in refrig for great protein. Enjoy! ShellieKathleen DesMaisons <radiantkd wrote: HI there,I am thinking it might be helpful for you to read the article on soy that is in the resource center. Go to www.radiantrecovery.com and click on the resource center link. Soy is actually very good for middle aged women <smile>And yep, too much can slow the thyroid, but moderation works well.warmly,kathleenOn Apr 22, 2006, at 7:00 PM, smilely.face wrote:> Hi! It's nice knowing there are folks out there to connect with. I've> been a vegetarian of whatever degree (I do non-fat dairy and egg> whites)for a couple of years. Have managed to work my way thru all the> steps and am now happily sugar free. Would appreciate any feedback on> tofu as a protein source. After finally developing a taste for tofu,> veggie cheese, TVP and the like, I came across some unsettling info> regarding soy intake--primarily that it should not be consumed by> middle aged

women because it can lead to hypothyroidism. Any thoughts?> Along that line, does anyone have any recipes that will provide> adequate protein in case tofu replacement becomes necessary? I can't> do gluten/oats and fat in my diet is low because I have cholesterol> issues and no gallbladder to handle it so it makes me sick. Thanks for> any help you can send my way!!>>>>>>>>>>

• 2 years later...

Hello,

My name is Louanne. I live with my husband and toddler son!

I became vegetarian (still consumed dairy) in 2003 and progressed to

being vegan in late 2006! The same for our son!

My husband is still a work in progress :-o

As I was looking at the listings of groups to join (vegan/vegetarian

recipe sharing groups) the word spice " called " to me (displayed with

this group listing)! We enjoy Indian (spicy) foods very much and I

seem to spend considerable amounts of time on the look out and/or

searching the internet for new recipes. So, bring on those spicy

recipes!

Louanne

Welcome, Louanne! Another vegan - how very nice :) There are lots of us here on

Vegetarian Spice, so you will find lots of ideas for good food. Have a look

through our Files (access on our homepage) and ask any questions you need. My

own thought is that the more spice in food makes more spice in life - and makes

being a veggie all that more exciting! All those wonderful tastes to try!!!!

Best, Pat (Co-owner with Marie and Piers)