IndiaDivine.org

FAMILY

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Just thougth you guys might like this.

F - A - M - I - L - YI ran into a stranger as he passed by,"I'm so sorry!" was my reply.Then he said, "Excuse me too....I wasn't even watching for you."We were very polite, this stranger and I.Then we went on our way, and said good-bye.But at home, a different story is told,How we treat our loved ones, young and old.Later, in the kitchen, as I cooked our meal,My daughter crept up to me, very still.When I turned, I nearly knocked her down."Get out of the way!" I barked with a frown.She sauntered away, with her little heart broken.I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken.That night, as I lay awake in bed,God's quiet voice spoke to me and said,"While dealing with a stranger, you're calm and polite,But with those you love, you're QUICK to excite.....Go look right now on the kitchen floor,You'll find some flowers there by the door.Those are the flowers she brought for you.She picked them herself.....pink, yellow, and blue.She stood there quietly, not to spoil your surprise,And you never saw the tears in her eyes."By this time, I felt sad and smallAnd now my own tears had begun to fall.I quietly went and knelt by her bed;"Wake up, sweetheart, wake up," I said."Are these the flowers you picked for me?"She smiled, "I found 'em, out by the tree.I wrapped 'em in a napkin, just for you.I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue."I said, "I'm so sorry that I missed them today...And I shouldn't have fussed at you that way."And she whispered, "Mommy, that's okay............... I still love you anyway."I hugged her and said, "I love you too...And I LOVE my flowers, especially the blue."Are you aware that:If you die tomorrow, the company that you are workingfor could easily replace you in a matter of days.But the family you leave behind will feel the loss for the rest oftheirlives. And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more into ourworkthan into our families - an unwise investment indeed........... It is worthwhile to share moretime with those you love while you can.......Createbalance among all the things in your life, and re-focusyour perspective every morning on what matters most