IndiaDivine.org

RE: Digest Number 148

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I don't know about infants and small children and iron deficiencies, but I

was put on a liquid iron supplement with folic acid and vitamin B12 that

does not contain alcohol. It was prescribed through my naturopathic doctor.

It was manufactured by NF Formulas, Inc. our of Wilsonville, Oregon 97070.

The ingredients listed are. folic acid 442 mcg, b12 as cyanocobalamin 110

mcg, Ireon as ferric ammonium citrae 20 mg. Other ingredients listed.

Purified waster sorbitol. vegetable glycerin,cinnamon leaf oil(cinnmomum

cassia,methyl paraben and propyl paraben as preservatives. I took this

while nursing....

>

>

> Tuesday, April 03, 2001 1:19 AM

>

> Digest Number 148

>

>

>

> For more information about vegetarianism, please visit the VRG

> website at http://www.vrg.org and for materials especially useful

> for families go to http://www.vrg.org/family.

>

>

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

Well, i've not lost much i don't think. I feel like life has kind of got in the way! What with being diagnosed with CFS/ME and going from veggie to vegan and getting used to that i have found it hard to deal with those things and try to lose weight!

My colleagues at work have lost quite a bit though - one on the atkins Diet (yuck) and one by eating cereal for breakfast and lunch, then an evening meal. They've both lost a stone!

As for the protein question - how about scrambled eggs/tofu? Omelette? that kind of thing for breakfast?

For dinner you could have a fake meat kind of product made from soya, cheese, tofu etc.~*Laura*~Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot. Be the change you want to see in the world. Mahatma Ghandi http://veganvixenuk.diaryland.com//Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:http://bookcrossing.com/friend/veganvixenuk! Plus - For a better Internet experience

Guest guest

Hi. You asked for a little cheering up news. Just wanted to let you guys know that I just recently lost about 40 pounds. I exercised more and tried to eat well-balanced portioned meals, vegetarian of course. I am still trying to go in that direction of losing weight. Hope this encourages you guys and me as well.

Take Care and have a great day!

sp wrote:

Guest guest

Wow - congrat's on your loss!

Hey I'm just wondering if any one out there has read the South Beach Diet book. I have not but I'm just curious because I've heard that it is vegetarian compatible. I know many of you are not in the States so I don't know if this diet is a big craze anywhere else other than here but people are eating it up like mad - excuse the pun!

Any thoughts on it?

Allison MurpheyAdministrative AssistantPlanned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania(412) 434-8957 x 208

-

Sharon Poole

Friday, July 25, 2003 2:16 PM

Re: Digest Number 148

Hi. You asked for a little cheering up news. Just wanted to let you guys know that I just recently lost about 40 pounds. I exercised more and tried to eat well-balanced portioned meals, vegetarian of course. I am still trying to go in that direction of losing weight. Hope this encourages you guys and me as well.

Take Care and have a great day!

sp wrote: