IndiaDivine.org

anemia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Anemia from iron is different. But, lack of B12 can cause pernicious anemia...sorry for the confusion =0) Iron and B-12 are very different, we rarely hear about B-12 because it is easily found in meat and animal products, and can be stored in the liver for many years. Since the average person eats more than enough meat to provide this vitamin, most people don't ever hear about it! Sounds like the yeast worked for you! That's wonderful! Monica Rikki-Lee <netbreeze wrote: I suffer from anemia are there different forms though or something?? Isvitamin B12 another name for iron? my iron levels were extremely low lastyear and my doctor wanted me to start eating red meats again.. howeverrather than that I took a herbal iron tonic and my iron levels improved..Since I was a teenager I have suffered from bouts of low iron. About amonth ago my iron levels went down again (this is just before I switched toa vegan diet) and I spoke to my natropath and was told to have 3 teaspoonsof brewers yeast a day and my iron levels are great again.. and that iswhile eating vegan.. but then again i don't know what vitamin B12 is Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

• 1 year later...

> Carmen Crenshaw-Hovey wrote:

>

> Do any of you out there suffer from low iron and/or anemia? If so, would you

mind sharing with me your experiences with it? I have had problems for as long

as I can remember with low iron but now twice in two years I have become anemic.

The other thing the doctor said is that I am a menstruating vegetarian woman and

that can be a cause.<

When I was pregnant, my blood test showed good iron levels. My

physician was amazed because I am a vegan. Do you eat a lot of whole

grains, beans, spinach? Iron supplements can cause constipation, so you

may want to think about it first. Do you eat a lot of dairy products?

Sometimes that can cause anemia also. Just a few things running through

my mind....

Sheri