IndiaDivine.org

ayanamsa and dasas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Goravani gives the option of 360 or 365 days for the dasha. If you have the wrong selection, it could add to 6 months difference depending on what age you are referring to.

Sanjay

-

Lettens

Monday, December 11, 2000 10:44 PM

ayanamsa and dasas

Hello listmembers,

Could someone who uses Goravani Jyotish 2.6 tell me if he or she is also having trouble (sometimes) to obtain correct dasas.

Funny enough, by using Krushna's ayanamsa, this works right for most charts but sometimes I get nearly six months off.

I found out because I was working on the wrong subperiod in the study chart by finding the death of the mother and Krushna pointed out that it was saturn sub.

When doing this chart with an old Haydn jyotish program were the ayanamsa can also be customized I realized that Goravani was off the mark for half a year, even with the same longitude of the Moon.

Has anybody an explanation ?

Many thanks

Margarita

Dear Margarita,

If you are using Goravani you need to set the ayanamsa as a user defined ayanams to get aggreement with the dasas. I have set mine and get only a day or two difference. To set it correctly you need to go into "Preferences" on the top menu bar then into "Ayanamsa Preferences". At the bottom of the page you will find a user defined section. In the first box you need to put 24 Feb 0366, in the next box to the side for the rate you put 50.33. You also need to tick the "use list " box below the initial date. For the list I put in the ayanamsa for my birth date (which was provided for me by Krushna) and if you want to use the same put in at the side 23/6/30 for the date and 21:51:27 for the ayanamsa. Please note that I have set my Goravani for European style dates if your is different you will need to put the dates in for the system you are using. After you have put the figures in just click on the "OK" and it should be fixed.

Peter