IndiaDivine.org

Masterworksheet V1.1

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Running through the date of my marriage I notice that the

Sarva only shows a total of 336 points when this should be 337.

The deficiency appears to be in the Jupiter calculation because

Jupiter has 56 points to distribute and only shows 55. Any

chance of our programming experts having a look

Ron Gaunt

Dear Ron -

Sanjay had written me telling me of a mistake in the worksheet. I thought he had revised it however. I will look into it. Thanks, Ron.

Donna

Dear Arjee,

Yes, there is an error as the file posted on the site is a previous version

with an error which has been corrected later. Unfortunately, not being a

professional programmer, I have not kept notes on where the error was.

Correcting the file would mean looking at each cell in the Jupiter

ashtakavarga and I am a bit busy for that at the moment. I do have a

corrected sheet but it is not as well organized as the one Donna put on the

list. If you want to do with a crude version, I would be happy to send it to

you.

Regards

Sanjay

-

" Ron Gaunt " <arjee

Thursday, December 14, 2000 3:13 PM

Masterworksheet V1.1

Ron Gaunt

Dear Ron -

I just double checked the worksheet and see 57 points for Jupiter and 337 points for the SARVA. Are you sure you were using the right worksheet? If you download it again, you'll see it's correct. I know Sanjay had written me about the sheet being protected, but he had downloaded it earlier before I unprotected it and re-loaded it, so if there's another mistake in it that I'm not aware of, then Sanjay would be the one who knows since he wrote the formulas for the ashtakavarga charts.

Donna

Dear Peter -

I think you will find that it is one of the Sun's points that is missing in the Jupiter's distribution of points.

I checked it out and all the Sun's points are in their proper places from what I can see. And I'm checking out the file that is on the site. Could you specifically show me the exact spot that you think it's missing, because I can't seem to find it. . .

Donna

Dear Peter -

I am with Ron on this one. He rang me about it and I looked it up on my worksheet. There is however some thing peculiar about it as it has never (to my knowledge) shown this before. Also I have tried the worksheet with many others and have not come across it.

I'm sorry Peter, but I don't know specifically what you're referring to here. If you can find it, I can correct it. But just saying that something is wrong somewhere doesn't pin it down. These formulas can get very complicated unfortunately and until it can be better refined so that mistakes can't be made by the people who are entering data too, it's hard to figure out where the mistake is coming from.

Donna

Dear Donna,

I am with Ron on this one. He rang me about it and I looked it up on my worksheet. There is however some thing peculiar about it as it has never (to my knowledge) shown this before. Also I have tried the worksheet with many others and have not come across it.

Peter

Dear Sanjay and Donna,

Looking at the sarva yesterday I found that the error was in the Sun's

points in the distribution of the Jupiters points. I think this error is in

the latest version. The version I am using is the Master Worsheet 1.1 which

as far as I know is the last one issued. Is this correct??.

Peter

Donna,

In the Binastakavarga chart for Jupiter look at the Sun's points. It should have 9 points but in the excel worksheet it only has 8. It is fairly easy to pick thew missing one as there is a group of five succesive points then there is a zero then a group of 4 succesive points. The excel worksheet in the groupd of four succesive points the second one is missing. This is actually in House 2 on the worksheet.

I hope you can find it from that.

Peter

Dear Peter -

In the Binastakavarga chart for Jupiter look at the Sun's points. It should have 9 points but in the excel worksheet it only has 8. It is fairly easy to pick thew missing one as there is a group of five succesive points then there is a zero then a group of 4 succesive points. The excel worksheet in the groupd of four succesive points the second one is missing. This is actually in House 2 on the worksheet.

I hope you can find it from that.

Again, I have opened up the file from the site to see if the error is there, but everything is absolutely fine. There are 56 points in the Jupiter ashtakavarga and 9 points for the Sun. Are you SURE you didn't accidentally change something in the downloaded worksheet? If so, then just re-download the Worksheet again. Everything should be fine after that.

Donna

Donna,

Because of your comments I have just downloaded the Master Worksheet 1.1 again directly from the site but I named it Master Worksheet 1,1A just to differentiate. It still only gives 336 points when used on Ron's chart for marriage. I think it is ok for looking at any other house other than 7 (I'm not sure about this).

In any case it is still incorrect for house 7 ie marriage.

Peter

Dear Peter -

Because of your comments I have just downloaded the Master Worksheet 1.1 again directly from the site but I named it Master Worksheet 1,1A just to differentiate. It still only gives 336 points when used on Ron's chart for marriage. I think it is ok for looking at any other house other than 7 (I'm not sure about this).

In any case it is still incorrect for house 7 ie marriage.

Sanjay has found this mistake and says that it doesn't occur all the time with every chart. That's why we didn't see the same thing. He has corrected it however and I will put it into the new worksheet, label it Master Worksheet 1.2 and upload it to the site. It should work correctly then.

Donna