Guest guest

I don't know what is the difference

can you please explain Harshaji?

Marifa

-

Harsha

Saturday, June 09, 2007 6:08 PM

Should we move to Google?

Hi All,I just had a passing thought. Should we become a google group?What do you think?Harsha

Guest guest

Dear Harsha

regarding your question

a) what is the difference between them?

b) what do you propose?

in Ramana

michael

-

Harsha

Saturday, June 09, 2007 6:08 PM

Should we move to Google?

Hi All,I just had a passing thought. Should we become a google group?What do you think?Harsha__________ Informazione NOD32 2009 (20070126) __________Questo messaggio è stato controllato dal Sistema Antivirus NOD32http://www.nod32.it__________'>http://www.nod32.it__________ Informazione NOD32 2009 (20070126) __________Questo messaggio è stato controllato dal Sistema Antivirus NOD32http://www.nod32.it

Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.11/837 - Release 06/06/2007 14.03__________ Informazione NOD32 2009 (20070126) __________Questo messaggio h stato controllato dal Sistema Antivirus NOD32http://www.nod32.it

Guest guest

Nameste Harshiji,

What is advantage of google group?

And how many of our members would not move? This seems like a

community, a form of sangha. I have learned that these are precious.

Not two,

Richard

, Harsha wrote:

>

> Hi All,

>

> I just had a passing thought. Should we become a google group?

>

> What do you think?

>

> Harsha

>

Guest guest

Namaste Richard-Ji:

Good point. We will just stay here. Google groups is not well developed

but they have one feature which is nice and that is that groups can

have their own pages. Here is another question to the sangha. In the

last 5-6 months we have closed the list to new members unless they give

explicit indication of interest. Should we stick with that or change

back to before?

Harsha

Richard Clarke wrote:

Nameste Harshiji,

What is advantage of google group? And how many of our members would not move? This seems like a community, a form of sangha. I have learned that these are precious. Not two,

Richard

, Harsha wrote:

Hi All,

I just had a passing thought. Should we become a google group?

What do you think?

Harsha

Dear Friends: Please keep in mind that taking someone's creative and intellectual works (poetry, art, articles, essays, posts, etc.) without permission of the authors is a violation of copyright laws. This especially applies to this list, , as it is a private list which can be viewed by members only. Most individuals do allow their artistic and creative work to be posted elsewhere if you request it and use their work in a not-for-profit format for benefit of others. So that is not usually a problem. However, if you are taking content from this list with a profit motive (such as promotion of your site in order to sell products, ads, etc.), it is critical that you seek the explicit and written permission from the authors whose works you are using. Acting in any other way is dishonest. Thank you.

_________

Guest guest

Hi Harsha and all,If I recall, we did that because we were trying to stop someone from copying the exchanges on this list to another for-profit site.  Did that ever stop?  Did we figure it out?  It's been pretty quiet around here, so maybe we should open the list back up for a little more action. :)JillOn Jun 10, 2007, at 10:31 AM, Harsha wrote:Namaste Richard-Ji:Good point. We will just stay here. Google groups is not well developed but they have one feature which is nice and that is that groups can have their own pages. Here is another question to the sangha. In the last 5-6 months we have closed the list to new members unless they give explicit indication of interest. Should we stick with that or change back to before?HarshaRichard Clarke wrote:Nameste Harshiji,

What is advantage of google group? And how many of our members would not move? This seems like a community, a form of sangha. I have learned that these are precious. Not two,

Richard

, Harsha wrote:

Hi All,

What do you think?

Harsha

Dear Friends: Please keep in mind that taking someone's creative and intellectual works (poetry, art, articles, essays, posts, etc.) without permission of the authors is a violation of copyright laws. This especially applies to this list, , as it is a private list which can be viewed by members only. Most individuals do allow their artistic and creative work to be posted elsewhere if you request it and use their work in a not-for-profit format for benefit of others. So that is not usually a problem. However, if you are taking content from this list with a profit motive (such as promotion of your site in order to sell products, ads, etc.), it is critical that you seek the explicit and written permission from the authors whose works you are using. Acting in any other way is dishonest. Thank you.

_________

Guest guest

Hi Jill and Michael, and Marifa,

Good to hear from you.

I found your messages in the spam box for the messages!. I

am finding that is putting the messages of many long term members

in their spam. I don't know why. I just happened to look one day and

realized. It is possible that messages of many members have gotten lost

because instead of delivering them to the list treats them as

spam and holds them prisoner. Unless, I actually go on the

website and check, I don't know what messages they have marked as spam.

It is a bit strange.

Harsha

Jill Eggers wrote:

Hi Harsha and all,

If I recall, we did that because we were trying to stop someone

from copying the exchanges on this list to another for-profit site.

Did that ever stop? Did we figure it out? It's been pretty quiet

around here, so maybe we should open the list back up for a little more

action. :)

Jill

On Jun 10, 2007, at 10:31 AM, Harsha wrote:

Namaste

Richard-Ji:

Good

point. We will just stay here. Google groups is not well developed but

they have one feature which is nice and that is that groups can have

their own pages. Here is another question to the sangha. In the last

5-6 months we have closed the list to new members unless they give

explicit indication of interest. Should we stick with that or change

back to before?

Harsha

Richard

Clarke wrote:

Nameste Harshiji,

Richard

, Harsha wrote:

Hi All,

What do you think?

Harsha

_________

Guest guest

Considering the article in the paper today about the lack of privacy

and the data mining which Google does on anything it can get ahold of

on the internet...They have the worse record on privacy of anyone.

I vote not.

, Harsha wrote:

>

> Hi All,

>

> I just had a passing thought. Should we become a google group?

>

> What do you think?

>

> Harsha

>