IndiaDivine.org

Om namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello,

My name is Dragan

Pavlovic from Serbia (Europe). I've been Ramana's follower since 1994.

I joined to your group because you have so many members and I hope that

I can exchange my experiences and communicate with 'my', Ramana people.

I can say that Ramana 'initiated' me, I've got some kind of diksha

(initiation) when I saw his picture on the small booklet (so small,

smaller than my palm), of course, the booklet was "who am I?" (Nan

yar?). Before Ramana, I had a standard 'seeker' path: Hatha yoga, TM,

all kind of Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism... But when I saw Ramana's

picture I had tears in my eyes. I knew that he is THE ONE. I was so

happy, I 'recognized' him and told him: "Teacher, I've finally found

you. How beautiful you are." I know, even when I read my words now, it

seems too fantastic to be truth, but it was exactly like that. I was

fascinated by his eyes, so my eyes couldn't stay dry.

I can say that I tried so many paths, I've read hundreds of books,

but nothing has touched me as the first paragraph of 'who am I?' When

I finished reading this booklet and some others Ramana's books, I

wasn't the same: my whole world was destroyed. All my believes, all my

'knowledge' was useless. Any book which is worth and good, had only one

comment: "Yes, Ramana says the same." It is very true that Guru is here

to take everything from us, and not to give anything. And the other

saying is truth, that tiger can let us go, but Guru won't, no matter

what.

So, Ramana destroyed my world, but I wasn't able to follow him for

years. Many years. I was like in the space, without anything to grab,

without anybody to help me, I was so eager to stay on some solid

ground, but without any success. I was swimming in the same kind of

water, impersonal ones (Buddhism, Taoism,..., it is the same branch of

spirituality, there is no God as an entity), or some other areas, as

Hinduism (Krishanism), but the final conclusion was always the same.

RAMANA.

Why did I have so many problems? I agree, Ramana's vichara is for

advanced seekers only. But I wasn't unexperienced, and I was perfectly

able to understand Ramana's teaching, which is not so easy to digest.

Or to read complete version of "Yoga Vasistha". What was the problem?

My mind. What will I be without my ego? What is the ultimate state

look like? I didn't find attracting the idea that my false ego must

vanish. I liked my ego. So, I was frozen. I couldn't escape Ramana

(when you can't live differently, that is the real path, not to play

with spirituality), but I couldn't give up my ego. Now I know that I

have nothing to lose. Have you ever heard that some hero had some

thoughts about himself? No, his mind was directed to the task: to help

somebody, to do something. Everything divine is reached only when

egoistic 'I' was forgotten.

But, the time full of efforts always gives some fruits. To have

atma vichara for 3 hours, then not to be able to do it for months, that

is not good, I was so exhausted of that agenda. As Ramana says, our

steadiness (our ability to vichara often, see the end of "Maha yoga")

is the best indicator of our progress. I had a rare luck to read some

books of Buddhism, Tibetan Buddhism, where they talk about the

'cheerful spirit' during meditation and their compassion. They

transformed a very nihilistic religion in something beautiful, by

adding these two aspects, which is part of Mahayana Buddhism. Of

course, Ramana's vichara is faster method of self - realization than

Buddhism, because an active search for the 'I' is stronger method than

'observing awareness' of Buddhism.

So I used some Buddhist principles and my practice is much better

now. I have joy now. I am able to see how stress is going out form my

system (which is like vipassan meditation, to be aware, without any

intervention: not to develop thoughts, not to fight them, just

observing). I have a big problem: my vichara is so strong, that my body

can't endure its intensity. But Buddhist soft approach helped me. So,

everything is present: joy, effort, stress relief, peace. Now, my

vichara is complete.

When I was able to make a step forward? Maybe a few months ago, I

was like a lost sheep: I was about to accept Sri Ravi Shankar for my

guru and my Guru is still 'alive'. And I knew that Shankar likes money.

But if we are real seekers, Guru won't let us down, or if we don't have

any, he will come.

My dear brothers, I invite you to share your experiences with me

and the whole group. I was member of some groups, but I could see

nothing but theory. And that people didn't understand even that aspect.

Don't mention their practice. I have no question about ego anymore (if

it is dead, or half - dead, when somebody is a sage, that kind of

questions are useless). I don't want even to be a sage anymore. I want

only to have a good practice. I don't care even to read Ramana, because

I've already know what I need. As Ramana says, when we find out that

the goal of all religion is to calm our mind, reading books are

irrelevant. Or: even educated people must bow before the illiterate

sage.

I don't imply that we don't need books and thinking about vichara.

But when we reach the essence (when we really feel and know the

teachings), there is no difference between 10 or 20 books in our head.

If you ask me, the last part of "Maha Yoga" has in 20 pages everything

we need to know. But, we must read, read,..., and transcend reading. I

still read a lot, but it is not so significant for me.

And, I am amazed how people can't understand Ramana's method. It is

not rigid. "Who am I?" can be formulated in at least 20 ways, and the

whole practice can have so many variations. It is not a broken record,

japa-like practice. It is more than that. Many people don't understand

the importance of the spot 2 inches to the right of the center of the

chest. This is the place where we 'feel' Self, even if it is not an

absolute true. So people stay in their head, and they have a headache,

or have some 'nice experiences' as I had: I was two times in a total

inner darkness, because I stayed in my head. When we are in our heart,

nothing but the light can occur, nothing bad can't happen.

I could write about Ramana and vichara at least 50 pages, but I'll

stop now. It is more than enough for the first time.

Be blessed my brothers, and remember: when you realize some things,

have more practice, less questions. : ) Sahaja, ego,..., resolve that

questions as soon as possible to calm your mind and practice,

practice,... It can be 15 minutes a day, that is better than many

mental gymnastics. Mind is useless in this matters.

I can see that your members are very educated, I could see 'not

two' in some letters. It originates from "The book of true faith" by

Seng Tsan, chapter 9, Zen Buddhism. But, that is very good. Anything in

this world can't spoil Ramana's teachings, especially if it is some

impersonal spiritual branch.

Dragan

Guest guest

Vanakkam Dragan! Sandhosham! Anbudan...Dragan Pavlovic <drpavlovic wrote: Hello, My name is Dragan Pavlovic from Serbia (Europe). I've been Ramana's follower since 1994. I joined to your group because you have so many members and I hope that I can exchange my experiences and communicate with 'my', Ramana people. I can say that Ramana 'initiated'

me, I've got some kind of diksha (initiation) when I saw his picture on the small booklet (so small, smaller than my palm), of course, the booklet was "who am I?" (Nan yar?). Before Ramana, I had a standard 'seeker' path: Hatha yoga, TM, all kind of Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism... But when I saw Ramana's picture I had tears in my eyes. I knew that he is THE ONE. I was so happy, I 'recognized' him and told him: "Teacher, I've finally found you. How beautiful you are." I know, even when I read my words now, it seems too fantastic to be truth, but it was exactly like that. I was fascinated by his eyes, so my eyes couldn't stay dry. I can say that I tried so many paths, I've read hundreds of books, but nothing has touched me as the first paragraph of 'who am I?' When I finished reading this booklet and some others Ramana's books, I wasn't the same: my whole world was destroyed. All my believes, all my 'knowledge' was useless. Any book which is

worth and good, had only one comment: "Yes, Ramana says the same." It is very true that Guru is here to take everything from us, and not to give anything. And the other saying is truth, that tiger can let us go, but Guru won't, no matter what. So, Ramana destroyed my world, but I wasn't able to follow him for years. Many years. I was like in the space, without anything to grab, without anybody to help me, I was so eager to stay on some solid ground, but without any success. I was swimming in the same kind of water, impersonal ones (Buddhism, Taoism,..., it is the same branch of spirituality, there is no God as an entity), or some other areas, as Hinduism (Krishanism), but the final conclusion was always the same. RAMANA. Why did I have so many problems? I agree, Ramana's vichara is for advanced seekers only. But I wasn't unexperienced, and I was perfectly able to understand Ramana's teaching, which is not so easy to

digest. Or to read complete version of "Yoga Vasistha". What was the problem? My mind. What will I be without my ego? What is the ultimate state look like? I didn't find attracting the idea that my false ego must vanish. I liked my ego. So, I was frozen. I couldn't escape Ramana (when you can't live differently, that is the real path, not to play with spirituality), but I couldn't give up my ego. Now I know that I have nothing to lose. Have you ever heard that some hero had some thoughts about himself? No, his mind was directed to the task: to help somebody, to do something. Everything divine is reached only when egoistic 'I' was forgotten. But, the time full of efforts always gives some fruits. To have atma vichara for 3 hours, then not to be able to do it for months, that is not good, I was so exhausted of that agenda. As Ramana says, our steadiness (our ability to vichara often, see the end of "Maha

yoga") is the best indicator of our progress. I had a rare luck to read some books of Buddhism, Tibetan Buddhism, where they talk about the 'cheerful spirit' during meditation and their compassion. They transformed a very nihilistic religion in something beautiful, by adding these two aspects, which is part of Mahayana Buddhism. Of course, Ramana's vichara is faster method of self - realization than Buddhism, because an active search for the 'I' is stronger method than 'observing awareness' of Buddhism. So I used some Buddhist principles and my practice is much better now. I have joy now. I am able to see how stress is going out form my system (which is like vipassan meditation, to be aware, without any intervention: not to develop thoughts, not to fight them, just observing). I have a big problem: my vichara is so strong, that my body can't endure its intensity. But Buddhist soft approach helped me. So, everything is present: joy, effort,

stress relief, peace. Now, my vichara is complete. When I was able to make a step forward? Maybe a few months ago, I was like a lost sheep: I was about to accept Sri Ravi Shankar for my guru and my Guru is still 'alive'. And I knew that Shankar likes money. But if we are real seekers, Guru won't let us down, or if we don't have any, he will come. My dear brothers, I invite you to share your experiences with me and the whole group. I was member of some groups, but I could see nothing but theory. And that people didn't understand even that aspect. Don't mention their practice. I have no question about ego anymore (if it is dead, or half - dead, when somebody is a sage, that kind of questions are useless). I don't want even to be a sage anymore. I want only to have a good practice. I don't care even to read Ramana, because I've already know what I need. As Ramana says, when we find out that the goal of all religion is to

calm our mind, reading books are irrelevant. Or: even educated people must bow before the illiterate sage. I don't imply that we don't need books and thinking about vichara. But when we reach the essence (when we really feel and know the teachings), there is no difference between 10 or 20 books in our head. If you ask me, the last part of "Maha Yoga" has in 20 pages everything we need to know. But, we must read, read,..., and transcend reading. I still read a lot, but it is not so significant for me. And, I am amazed how people can't understand Ramana's method. It is not rigid. "Who am I?" can be formulated in at least 20 ways, and the whole practice can have so many variations. It is not a broken record, japa-like practice. It is more than that. Many people don't understand the importance of the spot 2 inches to the right of the center of the chest. This is the place where we 'feel' Self, even if it is not an absolute

true. So people stay in their head, and they have a headache, or have some 'nice experiences' as I had: I was two times in a total inner darkness, because I stayed in my head. When we are in our heart, nothing but the light can occur, nothing bad can't happen. I could write about Ramana and vichara at least 50 pages, but I'll stop now. It is more than enough for the first time. Be blessed my brothers, and remember: when you realize some things, have more practice, less questions. : ) Sahaja, ego,..., resolve that questions as soon as possible to calm your mind and practice, practice,... It can be 15 minutes a day, that is better than many mental gymnastics. Mind is useless in this matters. I can see that your members are very educated, I could see 'not two' in some letters. It originates from "The book of true faith" by Seng Tsan, chapter 9, Zen Buddhism. But, that is very good. Anything in this

world can't spoil Ramana's teachings, especially if it is some impersonal spiritual branch.Om namo Bhagavate Sri RamanayaDragan TAT TVAM ASI ...

Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Travel.

Guest guest

Dear Dragan

WELCOME ON BOARD

i congratulate you for being ready and able to introduce yourself in the manner you did.

Lets share our experienced "on the path back home"....

have a look in the archives on the last months look for the articles i sent THE MOUNTAIN PATH

in Ramana

michael bindel

-

Dragan Pavlovic

Ramana Group

Monday, August 06, 2007 12:35 AM

Hello,

My name is Dragan Pavlovic from Serbia (Europe). I've been Ramana's follower since 1994. I joined to your group because you have so many members and I hope that I can exchange my experiences and communicate with 'my', Ramana people. I can say that Ramana 'initiated' me, I've got some kind of diksha (initiation) when I saw his picture on the small booklet (so small, smaller than my palm), of course, the booklet was "who am I?" (Nan yar?). Before Ramana, I had a standard 'seeker' path: Hatha yoga, TM, all kind of Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism... But when I saw Ramana's picture I had tears in my eyes. I knew that he is THE ONE. I was so happy, I 'recognized' him and told him: "Teacher, I've finally found you. How beautiful you are." I know, even when I read my words now, it seems too fantastic to be truth, but it was exactly like that. I was fascinated by his eyes, so my eyes couldn't stay dry. I can say that I tried so many paths, I've read hundreds of books, but nothing has touched me as the first paragraph of 'who am I?' When I finished reading this booklet and some others Ramana's books, I wasn't the same: my whole world was destroyed. All my believes, all my 'knowledge' was useless. Any book which is worth and good, had only one comment: "Yes, Ramana says the same." It is very true that Guru is here to take everything from us, and not to give anything. And the other saying is truth, that tiger can let us go, but Guru won't, no matter what. So, Ramana destroyed my world, but I wasn't able to follow him for years. Many years. I was like in the space, without anything to grab, without anybody to help me, I was so eager to stay on some solid ground, but without any success. I was swimming in the same kind of water, impersonal ones (Buddhism, Taoism,..., it is the same branch of spirituality, there is no God as an entity), or some other areas, as Hinduism (Krishanism), but the final conclusion was always the same. RAMANA. Why did I have so many problems? I agree, Ramana's vichara is for advanced seekers only. But I wasn't unexperienced, and I was perfectly able to understand Ramana's teaching, which is not so easy to digest. Or to read complete version of "Yoga Vasistha". What was the problem? My mind. What will I be without my ego? What is the ultimate state look like? I didn't find attracting the idea that my false ego must vanish. I liked my ego. So, I was frozen. I couldn't escape Ramana (when you can't live differently, that is the real path, not to play with spirituality), but I couldn't give up my ego. Now I know that I have nothing to lose. Have you ever heard that some hero had some thoughts about himself? No, his mind was directed to the task: to help somebody, to do something. Everything divine is reached only when egoistic 'I' was forgotten. But, the time full of efforts always gives some fruits. To have atma vichara for 3 hours, then not to be able to do it for months, that is not good, I was so exhausted of that agenda. As Ramana says, our steadiness (our ability to vichara often, see the end of "Maha yoga") is the best indicator of our progress. I had a rare luck to read some books of Buddhism, Tibetan Buddhism, where they talk about the 'cheerful spirit' during meditation and their compassion. They transformed a very nihilistic religion in something beautiful, by adding these two aspects, which is part of Mahayana Buddhism. Of course, Ramana's vichara is faster method of self - realization than Buddhism, because an active search for the 'I' is stronger method than 'observing awareness' of Buddhism. So I used some Buddhist principles and my practice is much better now. I have joy now. I am able to see how stress is going out form my system (which is like vipassan meditation, to be aware, without any intervention: not to develop thoughts, not to fight them, just observing). I have a big problem: my vichara is so strong, that my body can't endure its intensity. But Buddhist soft approach helped me. So, everything is present: joy, effort, stress relief, peace. Now, my vichara is complete. When I was able to make a step forward? Maybe a few months ago, I was like a lost sheep: I was about to accept Sri Ravi Shankar for my guru and my Guru is still 'alive'. And I knew that Shankar likes money. But if we are real seekers, Guru won't let us down, or if we don't have any, he will come. My dear brothers, I invite you to share your experiences with me and the whole group. I was member of some groups, but I could see nothing but theory. And that people didn't understand even that aspect. Don't mention their practice. I have no question about ego anymore (if it is dead, or half - dead, when somebody is a sage, that kind of questions are useless). I don't want even to be a sage anymore. I want only to have a good practice. I don't care even to read Ramana, because I've already know what I need. As Ramana says, when we find out that the goal of all religion is to calm our mind, reading books are irrelevant. Or: even educated people must bow before the illiterate sage. I don't imply that we don't need books and thinking about vichara. But when we reach the essence (when we really feel and know the teachings), there is no difference between 10 or 20 books in our head. If you ask me, the last part of "Maha Yoga" has in 20 pages everything we need to know. But, we must read, read,..., and transcend reading. I still read a lot, but it is not so significant for me. And, I am amazed how people can't understand Ramana's method. It is not rigid. "Who am I?" can be formulated in at least 20 ways, and the whole practice can have so many variations. It is not a broken record, japa-like practice. It is more than that. Many people don't understand the importance of the spot 2 inches to the right of the center of the chest. This is the place where we 'feel' Self, even if it is not an absolute true. So people stay in their head, and they have a headache, or have some 'nice experiences' as I had: I was two times in a total inner darkness, because I stayed in my head. When we are in our heart, nothing but the light can occur, nothing bad can't happen. I could write about Ramana and vichara at least 50 pages, but I'll stop now. It is more than enough for the first time. Be blessed my brothers, and remember: when you realize some things, have more practice, less questions. : ) Sahaja, ego,..., resolve that questions as soon as possible to calm your mind and practice, practice,... It can be 15 minutes a day, that is better than many mental gymnastics. Mind is useless in this matters. I can see that your members are very educated, I could see 'not two' in some letters. It originates from "The book of true faith" by Seng Tsan, chapter 9, Zen Buddhism. But, that is very good. Anything in this world can't spoil Ramana's teachings, especially if it is some impersonal spiritual branch.Om namo Bhagavate Sri RamanayaDragan

Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.11.2/931 - Release 01/08/2007 16.53

Guest guest

Dear Dragan,

Sri Ramana is a living guru. Have you read the article, " My Living

Guru " by the great Ramana devotee Miles Wright?

Who bring us to the Spritual Heart and reveals the Self as our own Self

but the overwhelming grace of the Ramana Guru.

Welcome to the devotees of Ramana.

Love and Namaste to all

Harsha

Guest guest

:) hi dragan, welcome to this caravan of

fellow ramanaji lovers.

yosy

ps. my experience, seeing for the first

time ramana's picture and his smiling eyes

was very much like yours... and doubtlessly

shared by many of our companions.

jai bhagawan!