Dear Micahel,

The phenomena of a meteor which hit the sky at 8-47 p.m. on the 14th

April, 1950, when Sri Ramana Maharshi left his mortal coil and entered

Mahasamadhi is well known and was observed widely by people and is

recorded. It is mentioned in almost every discussion of Sri Ramana's

departure.

However, I have never heard of any devotee hitting the head of the Sri

Ramana (to make some light come out, etc.) when the Sage had already

dropped his body. Indeed, that would unthinkable for devotees.

Sri Ramana never encouraged superstition or fascination with

supernormal phenomena. All supernormal phenomena are equally unreal and

have no foundation other than the mind as a separate identity.

Sri Ramana used to say to the devotees when he was dying to reassure

them, "Where am I going to go. I am Here." These words have great

meaning. A Jnani has resolved everything within the Heart. He does not

come and go. Coming and going have become moot for the Jnani. The

whole cosmos arises from the Heart and disappears in it. When the mind

as a separate identity resolves it self in the Heart, there is nothing

to come to or go to.

According to ancient sages, when the Shakti leaves through higher

centers, the birth is of a higher nature and when it leaves through

Sahasarara, the highest center, one goes to Brahmaloka to be liberated

from there. However, in the rare case of Jnani like Sri Ramana, the

resolution is immediate, and the Shakti resolves fully into the Heart

and becomes the Heart. The Heart is the all pervading presence of

being. That which is everywhere, where can it go? When time and

distance itself have been swallowed by the Heart, where is the question

of coming and going?

Namaste and love to all

Harsha

Michael Bindel wrote:

Dear Venugopal

thank you for your contribution.

Reading your line

One of the devotees of the Maharishi,

at the time of Mahasamadhi, hit the crown of head of the Sage. with a

shelled cocanut

i was rather "surprised"

is it imaginable that a devotee will HIT THE

HEAD of Sadguru after his passing away?

at least in this persons "feeling system"

something like that is unimaginable

but maybe this person is still very ignorant and

this might be a habit "common" in the "hindi" culture even amidth

advaita followers.

Please inform me where you got this information

from

in all due respect

michael bindel

-----

Original Message -----

Venugopal AK

To:

Sent:

Sunday, September 30, 2007 3:18 AM

Subject:

Mahasamadhi

30 odd years back, I have read

this account of the Mahasamadhi of Shri Ramana Maharishi. This was

published in a Malayalam weekly, Mathrubhumi, published from Kerala

India. Mathrubumi is a highly respected establishment in Kerala ( www.mathrubhumi.com).

The article was written by an ex Ambassodor of India, if i remember

correctly his name was shri Raghavan Pillai, who was presnt at Shri

Ramana Maharishi's presence at the time of mahassamadhi.

One of the devotees of the

Maharishi, at the time of Mahasamadhi, hit the crown of head of the

Sage. with a shelled cocanut, where upon, a split appeared and a

dazzling light came out of the crown of the head and moved out of the

room and moved high into the sky.

I have spend some time on the

internet trying to trace this incident but was not successful. But in

the internet one report i saw, that at the time of Mahasamadhi of the

great Sage, a brilliant light was seen moving across the sky, and this

was visible as far away as Bombay, which is around 1000 Km away from

Tiruvannamalai.

With regards

Venugopal

Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Click

here to know how.

Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.13.35/1039 - Release Date:

29/09/2007 21.46

--

Dear Michael, Let me start by telling, that i consider Shri Ramana Maharishi a gret Sage. And no disrespect is meant in writing this. This is what i have read in 'Mathrubhumi Weekly' some 30 odd years back. (www.mathrubhumi.com). Mathrubhumi (Mother land) is one of the oldest news papers started in 1923 and commands high respect. They use all modern technology and i guess they have an archieve where all old editions of newspapers and weeklies are kept. I vividly remember this article and hence written about it. Some one who want to verify, whether such an incident was written can offcourse contact the news paper and confirm the truth. I have also read, on the internet, that Earnest Hemingway had visited Shri Ramana Maharishi and had written a book called

"On the Razors Edge". The protoganist of that story was an American and a devotee of Shri Ramana Maharishi. On the internet, there is a story, that this American had met (The Astral Body) of Shri Ramana maharishi in Mexico or America . You can 'Google' and confirm the veracity of what i have written. With regards VenugopalMichael Bindel

<michael.bindel wrote: Dear Venugopal thank you for your contribution. Reading your line One of the devotees of the Maharishi, at the time of Mahasamadhi, hit the crown of head of the Sage. with a shelled cocanut i was rather

"surprised" is it imaginable that a devotee will HIT THE HEAD of Sadguru after his passing away? at least in this persons "feeling system" something like that is unimaginable but maybe this person is still very ignorant and this might be a habit "common" in the "hindi" culture even amidth advaita followers. Please inform me where you got this information from in all due respect michael bindel - Venugopal AK Sunday, September 30, 2007 3:18 AM Mahasamadhi 30 odd years back, I have read this account of the Mahasamadhi of Shri Ramana Maharishi. This was published in a Malayalam weekly, Mathrubhumi, published from Kerala India. Mathrubumi is a highly respected establishment in Kerala ( www.mathrubhumi.com). The

article was written by an ex Ambassodor of India, if i remember correctly his name was shri Raghavan Pillai, who was presnt at Shri Ramana Maharishi's presence at the time of mahassamadhi. One of the devotees of the Maharishi, at the time of Mahasamadhi, hit the crown of head of the Sage. with a shelled cocanut, where upon, a split appeared and a dazzling light came out of the crown of the head and moved out of the room and moved high into the sky. I have spend some time on the internet trying to trace this incident but was not successful. But in the internet one report i saw, that at the time of Mahasamadhi of the great Sage, a brilliant light was seen moving across the sky, and this was visible as far away as Bombay, which is around 1000 Km away from Tiruvannamalai. With regards Venugopal Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Click here

to know how. Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.13.35/1039 - Release 29/09/2007 21.46

Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how.

I made a silly mistake, wrongly i wrote Earnest Hemingway. After posting i realised the mistake. The author who wrote "On the Razors Edge" is Somerset Maughm. sorry about it. Read more here :http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/bodhidharma/mentor.html W. Somerset Maugham, Sri Ramana Maharshi, Guy Hague, and Zen WHO WAS LARRY DARRELL IN REAL LIFE AND WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM?Venugopal AK <akvenugopal wrote: Dear Michael, Let me start by telling, that i consider Shri Ramana Maharishi a gret Sage. And no disrespect is meant in writing this. This is what i have read in 'Mathrubhumi Weekly' some 30 odd years back. (www.mathrubhumi.com). Mathrubhumi (Mother land) is one of the oldest news papers started in 1923 and commands high respect. They use all modern technology and i guess they have an archieve where all old editions of newspapers and weeklies are kept. I vividly remember this article and hence written about it. Some one who want to verify, whether such an incident was

written can offcourse contact the news paper and confirm the truth. I have also read, on the internet, that Earnest Hemingway had visited Shri Ramana Maharishi and had written a book called "On the Razors Edge". The protoganist of that story was an American and a devotee of Shri Ramana Maharishi. On the internet, there is a story, that this American had met (The Astral Body) of Shri Ramana maharishi in Mexico or America . You can 'Google' and confirm the veracity of what i have written. With

regards VenugopalMichael Bindel <michael.bindel (AT) t-online (DOT) hu> wrote: Dear Venugopal thank you for your contribution. Reading your line One of the devotees of the Maharishi, at the time of Mahasamadhi, hit the crown of

head of the Sage. with a shelled cocanut i was rather "surprised" is it imaginable that a devotee will HIT THE HEAD of Sadguru after his passing away? at least in this persons "feeling system" something like that is unimaginable but maybe this person is still very ignorant and this might be a habit "common" in the "hindi" culture even amidth advaita followers. Please inform me where you got this information from in all due respect michael bindel - Venugopal AK Sunday, September 30, 2007 3:18 AM Mahasamadhi 30 odd years back, I have read this account of the Mahasamadhi of Shri Ramana Maharishi. This was published in a Malayalam weekly, Mathrubhumi, published from Kerala India. Mathrubumi is a highly respected establishment in Kerala ( www.mathrubhumi.com). The article was written by an ex Ambassodor of India, if i remember correctly his name was shri Raghavan Pillai, who was presnt at Shri Ramana Maharishi's presence at the

time of mahassamadhi. One of the devotees of the Maharishi, at the time of Mahasamadhi, hit the crown of head of the Sage. with a shelled cocanut, where upon, a split appeared and a dazzling light came out of the crown of the head and moved out of the room and moved high into the sky. I have spend some time on the internet trying to trace this incident but was not successful. But in the internet one report i saw, that at the time of Mahasamadhi of the great Sage, a brilliant light was seen moving across the sky, and this was visible as far away as Bombay, which is around 1000 Km away from Tiruvannamalai. With regards Venugopal Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Click here

to know how. Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.13.35/1039 - Release 29/09/2007 21.46 Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how.

Travelling to a new city? Search for ATMs in that city.

Dear Venugopal-Ji:

Have you read and reflected on the teachings of Sri Ramana? If one

understands the teachings and meditates on these, that is most

essential. Everything else is just fancy of the imagination.

Imagination is the power of the mind. Sri Ramana used to say that this

wondrous power of the mind arises from the Heart. This power, the

Shakti, can create the most amazing universes and scenarios. When the

individual soul is lost in this maze, the Sat-Guru appears within this

fascinating reality and teaches to turn back the power of imagination

towards its source. "Look within and be aware of who you are" is the

purest teaching.

This teaching of the Self pursued with sincerity is the highest

teaching because it takes us beyond astral bodies and supernormal

experiences. Sri Ramana used to say that all these things which appear

miraculous are as real or unreal as normal phenomena. There is no

difference. The foundation of all experiences is the assumed separate

identity of the individual soul.

One has to think clearly and be alert and aware. A wise man seeks no

profit other than the Truth. The Truth is always within. It is what one

is. What else could it be? Truth is one's own Self-Nature.

Namaste and love to all

Harsha

Venugopal AK wrote:

Dear Michael,

Let me start by telling, that i consider Shri

Ramana Maharishi a gret Sage. And no disrespect is meant in writing

this. This is what i have read in 'Mathrubhumi Weekly' some 30 odd

years back. (www.mathrubhumi.com). Mathrubhumi (Mother land) is one of

the oldest news papers started in 1923 and commands high respect. They

use all modern technology and i guess they have an archieve where all

old editions of newspapers and weeklies are kept. I vividly remember

this article and hence written about it. Some one who want to verify,

whether such an incident was written can offcourse contact the news

paper and confirm the truth.

I have also read, on the internet, that Earnest

Hemingway had visited Shri Ramana Maharishi and had written a book

called "On the Razors Edge". The protoganist of that story was an

American and a devotee of Shri Ramana Maharishi. On the internet, there

is a story, that this American had met (The Astral Body) of Shri Ramana

maharishi in Mexico or America . You can 'Google' and confirm the

veracity of what i have written.

With regards

Venugopal

Dear Harsha

thank you for your quick answer - indeed.

I do agree with all what you wrote. Its that what i do feel as TRUTH

in Ramana

michael

-

Harsha

Sunday, September 30, 2007 4:10 PM

Re: HARSHA and VENUGOPAL

Dear Micahel,The phenomena of a meteor which hit the sky at 8-47 p.m. on the 14th April, 1950, when Sri Ramana Maharshi left his mortal coil and entered Mahasamadhi is well known and was observed widely by people and is recorded. It is mentioned in almost every discussion of Sri Ramana's departure.However, I have never heard of any devotee hitting the head of the Sri Ramana (to make some light come out, etc.) when the Sage had already dropped his body. Indeed, that would unthinkable for devotees.Sri Ramana never encouraged superstition or fascination with supernormal phenomena. All supernormal phenomena are equally unreal and have no foundation other than the mind as a separate identity.Sri Ramana used to say to the devotees when he was dying to reassure them, "Where am I going to go. I am Here." These words have great meaning. A Jnani has resolved everything within the Heart. He does not come and go. Coming and going have become moot for the Jnani. The whole cosmos arises from the Heart and disappears in it. When the mind as a separate identity resolves it self in the Heart, there is nothing to come to or go to.According to ancient sages, when the Shakti leaves through higher centers, the birth is of a higher nature and when it leaves through Sahasarara, the highest center, one goes to Brahmaloka to be liberated from there. However, in the rare case of Jnani like Sri Ramana, the resolution is immediate, and the Shakti resolves fully into the Heart and becomes the Heart. The Heart is the all pervading presence of being. That which is everywhere, where can it go? When time and distance itself have been swallowed by the Heart, where is the question of coming and going?Namaste and love to allHarshaMichael Bindel wrote:

Dear Venugopal

thank you for your contribution.

Reading your line

One of the devotees of the Maharishi, at the time of Mahasamadhi, hit the crown of head of the Sage. with a shelled cocanut

i was rather "surprised"

is it imaginable that a devotee will HIT THE HEAD of Sadguru after his passing away?

at least in this persons "feeling system" something like that is unimaginable

but maybe this person is still very ignorant and this might be a habit "common" in the "hindi" culture even amidth advaita followers.

Please inform me where you got this information from

in all due respect

michael bindel

-

Venugopal AK

Sunday, September 30, 2007 3:18 AM

Mahasamadhi

30 odd years back, I have read this account of the Mahasamadhi of Shri Ramana Maharishi. This was published in a Malayalam weekly, Mathrubhumi, published from Kerala India. Mathrubumi is a highly respected establishment in Kerala ( www.mathrubhumi.com). The article was written by an ex Ambassodor of India, if i remember correctly his name was shri Raghavan Pillai, who was presnt at Shri Ramana Maharishi's presence at the time of mahassamadhi.

One of the devotees of the Maharishi, at the time of Mahasamadhi, hit the crown of head of the Sage. with a shelled cocanut, where upon, a split appeared and a dazzling light came out of the crown of the head and moved out of the room and moved high into the sky.

I have spend some time on the internet trying to trace this incident but was not successful. But in the internet one report i saw, that at the time of Mahasamadhi of the great Sage, a brilliant light was seen moving across the sky, and this was visible as far away as Bombay, which is around 1000 Km away from Tiruvannamalai.

With regards

Venugopal

Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Click here to know how.

Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.13.35/1039 - Release 29/09/2007 21.46--

" Sri Ramana used to say to the devotees when he was dying to reassure

them, " Where am I going to go. I am Here. " These words have great

meaning. A Jnani has resolved everything within the Heart. He does not

come and go. Coming and going have become moot for the Jnani. The

whole cosmos arises from the Heart and disappears in it. When the mind

as a separate identity resolves it self in the Heart, there is nothing

to come to or go to. "

Harsha

=====================================================================

Doesn't this summarize in some sense all the teachings of Advaita?

Q. " Who am I? "

A. " Where am I going to go. I am Here. "

This reminds me of the riddle:

Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?

A. The higher the fewer.

Too often we are so busy being There that we are just like a spinning

mouse unable to even be Here.

Thank you,

John