IndiaDivine.org

HARSHA and VENUGOPAL

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Venugopal

thank you for your contribution.

Reading your line

One of the devotees of the Maharishi, at the time of Mahasamadhi, hit the crown of head of the Sage. with a shelled cocanut

i was rather "surprised"

is it imaginable that a devotee will HIT THE HEAD of Sadguru after his passing away?

at least in this persons "feeling system" something like that is unimaginable

but maybe this person is still very ignorant and this might be a habit "common" in the "hindi" culture even amidth advaita followers.

Please inform me where you got this information from

in all due respect

michael bindel

-

Venugopal AK

Sunday, September 30, 2007 3:18 AM

Mahasamadhi

30 odd years back, I have read this account of the Mahasamadhi of Shri Ramana Maharishi. This was published in a Malayalam weekly, Mathrubhumi, published from Kerala India. Mathrubumi is a highly respected establishment in Kerala ( www.mathrubhumi.com). The article was written by an ex Ambassodor of India, if i remember correctly his name was shri Raghavan Pillai, who was presnt at Shri Ramana Maharishi's presence at the time of mahassamadhi.

One of the devotees of the Maharishi, at the time of Mahasamadhi, hit the crown of head of the Sage. with a shelled cocanut, where upon, a split appeared and a dazzling light came out of the crown of the head and moved out of the room and moved high into the sky.

I have spend some time on the internet trying to trace this incident but was not successful. But in the internet one report i saw, that at the time of Mahasamadhi of the great Sage, a brilliant light was seen moving across the sky, and this was visible as far away as Bombay, which is around 1000 Km away from Tiruvannamalai.

With regards

Venugopal

Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Click here to know how.

Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.13.35/1039 - Release 29/09/2007 21.46