IndiaDivine.org

Cats

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Actually I thought the reverse! I've seen some very valid reasons for keeping cats. It just depends which side of the fence you are on and what you want to believe! I am a very responsible owner and on top of that I rescued my cats. Thank goodness I did or where would they be now?!!!

Janey

x

I would just like to point out that the spate of posts which have frequently pointed out that cat owners should not be responsible for their pets behaviour has more than adequately proven my point.

BBPeter

Guest guest

No, because it didn't apply to me, I was very responsible and would most likely have kept my kitten indoors except to take her out myself. Mostly for her safety though with the roads in London, not because I think she would have been a nuisance to others.

A landlord being oppressive and putting a ban on pets is not justified just because you disagree with Angie and Janey on how they keep their cats! What ridiculous logic you have.

It's not as if my landlady tried to discuss responsible pet-keeping with me to see if I was suitable she just said no!

Lesley

Peter [snowbow]13 July 2002 00:18 Subject: Cats

The cat discussion began because a landlord did not allow tenants to own cats. My point was that his decision was probably based on the fact that many cat owners appear to show little concern for the problems that their cats prove to be to their neighbours.

I would just like to point out that the spate of posts which have frequently pointed out that cat owners should not be responsible for their pets behaviour has more than adequately proven my point.

BBPeter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.372 / Virus Database: 207 - Release 20/06/02To send an email to -

Guest guest

Who defines responsibility . You Reter ?. Who are you to determine responsible behaviour ???

Angie Janey [janey] 13 July 2002 08:06 Subject: Re: Cats

Actually I thought the reverse! I've seen some very valid reasons for keeping cats. It just depends which side of the fence you are on and what you want to believe! I am a very responsible owner and on top of that I rescued my cats. Thank goodness I did or where would they be now?!!!

Janey

x

BBPeterTo send an email to -

• 9 months later...
Guest guest

I've always thought that cats are the most ironic pet that a vegetarian can

have. They are, after all, natural born killers. Yes folks, there is a

reason that they have their alimentary tract, razor sharp teeth, and

retractile sharp claws. They are hunters by nature.

--Brian

Guest guest

On Thu, 1 May 2003, Brian Jensen wrote:

> I've always thought that cats are the most ironic pet that a vegetarian can

> have. They are, after all, natural born killers. Yes folks, there is a

> reason that they have their alimentary tract, razor sharp teeth, and

> retractile sharp claws. They are hunters by nature.

Some of us were living with cats long before we became vegetarians.

Have you ever seen the animal rights film " The Witness " ?

Cheers,

-Kim