IndiaDivine.org

SF Art Institute cancels animal-bludgeoning exhibit and 3/31 public discussion

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Having read the article on the cancellation of the show, is it really true threats were made to staff members? If it were true, I seriously think it is deranged, and only serves to give animal rights activists a BAD IMAGE. Can someone comment or offer an insight about the truth of the story?In my view, killing of animals and threatening/killing people are both inhumane. Thanks,Sharan------------"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science". - Albert Einstein. ; baarn ; From: rclordDate: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 00:49:31 -0700 SF Art Institute cancels animal-bludgeoning exhibit and 3/31 public discussion

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/03/30/BAGNVSRME.DTL www.seaserpent.comSee my online galleries at www.squidoo.com/seaserpent

Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference. Learn more.

Guest guest

Sadly, I would not be surprised if that was the case.If those who uttered the "threats" really said what the chronicle quoted them as saying, they're unlikely to be animal activists.Michael, I wonder if anyone pointed what you just said in the comments section; even though judging by the hysteria of many of the commenters in sfgate.com on this article, no one in sfgate may pay attention...On Mar 31, 2008, at 7:15 PM, Michael Borg wrote:Based on the way it was stated in the article, I believe at least most of these "threats" were really "what if" inquiries. For example: "How would you feel IF your children were the ones being snuffed out for the sake of 'art?'" - but probably not true threats. The people making these statements were most likely just trying to get the Art Institute staff to understand how horrible they believe this display was, as we often do, by comparing it to the same action theoretically being taken against humans. I doubt very many - if any - true threats were tendered. But in typical form for both the offender and the media, they find it satisfying to "get back" at AR activists by smearing them and making the whole movement look bad.-Mike Borg ______________________"Man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats flesh, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite and to act so is immoral." ~ TolstoySharan S <ss007 (AT) hotmail (DOT) com>Rosalind Lord <rclord (AT) redjellyfish (DOT) net>; ; baarn ; SFBA Veg Monday, March 31, 2008 3:31:29 AMRE: SF Art Institute cancels animal-bludgeoning exhibit and 3/31 public discussionHaving read the article on the cancellation of the show, is it really true threats were made to staff members? If it were true, I seriously think it is deranged, and only serves to give animal rights activists a BAD IMAGE. Can someone comment or offer an insight about the truth of the story?In my view, killing of animals and threatening/ killing people are both inhumane. Thanks,Sharan------------"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science". - Albert Einstein. ; baarn ; @ .comrclord@redjellyfish .netMon, 31 Mar 2008 00:49:31 -0700 SF Art Institute cancels animal-bludgeoning exhibit and 3/31 public discussionhttp://www.sfgate. com/cgi-bin/ article.cgi? f=/c/a/2008/ 03/30/BAGNVSRME. DTLwww.seaserpent. comSee my online galleries at www.squidoo. com/seaserpentWatch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference. Learn more.OMG, Sweet deal for users/friends: Get A Month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. W00t

Guest guest

Thank you Michael, Rosalind. To add, I think it is imperative to clarify the stance of animal rights activists both in regards to the treatment of animals and humans. That violence and threats of any kind have no place in the quest to educate the larger public about animal abuses. Just two my two cents....cheers,Sharan-----------"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science". - Albert Einstein.rclord; baarn ; From: corradoborgDate: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 20:33:06 -0700 Re: SF Art Institute cancels animal-bludgeoning exhibit and 3/31 public discussion

Thanks for the suggestion, Rosalind. I just posted a similar statement as a comment at sfgate.com-Mike Borg ______________________ "Man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats flesh, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite and to act so is immoral." ~ TolstoyRosalind Lord <rclordTo:

baarn ; SFBA Veg Tuesday, April 1, 2008 2:24:03 AMRe: Re: SF Art Institute cancels animal-bludgeoning exhibit and 3/31 public discussion

Sadly, I would not be surprised if that was the case.If those who uttered the "threats" really said what the chronicle quoted them as saying, they're unlikely to be animal activists.Michael, I wonder if anyone pointed what you just said in the comments section; even though judging by the hysteria of many of the commenters in sfgate.com on this article, no one in sfgate may pay attention...

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Get in touch in an instant. Get now.