IndiaDivine.org

Pier 2 / Ferry Building lunch?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello ~

I'm attending an event at Sinbad's tomorrow (Wednesday) and need some

suggestions for vegan lunch in the immediate area, since Sinbad's is a seafood

type place.

I'm on foot as I'll be taking the boat over from Alameda. Thoughts?

Thanks!

George

Hi George,There's a small Mexican restaurant just on the other side of the Ferry Building that has a few vegan options. It's quick and fairly tasty. If you have more time, check out The Plant Cafe ( http://www.theplantcafe.com ) at Pier 3 (just a little further down). They have quite a few vegan options and all are marked on their menu. The Plant is much more of a "dining experience" than the little Mexican place, but it takes longer.Both of these are a very easy walk from the Ferry Building.wpOn Sep 29, 2009, at 11:50 AM, geo wrote:

Hello ~

I'm attending an event at Sinbad's tomorrow (Wednesday) and need some suggestions for vegan lunch in the immediate area, since Sinbad's is a seafood type place.

Thanks!

George

"the slanted door" is in the ferry building. it's not vegetarian but i know they have vegie options, most likely vegan ones too. it's a pan asian fusion restaurant, w/ a strong vietnamese core menu. it's not a cheap place either, fyi. that's one suggestion...brian--- On Tue, 9/29/09, geo <geo wrote:geo <geo Pier 2 / Ferry Building lunch? Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 11:50 AM

Hello ~

I'm attending an event at Sinbad's tomorrow (Wednesday) and need some suggestions for vegan lunch in the immediate area, since Sinbad's is a seafood type place.

Thanks!

George