IndiaDivine.org

Reminder: Vegan/Raw Halloween potluck and party on Nov 1

Rate this topic

Guest guest

-------------- Forwarded Message: --------------

Here are two updates.....

Dr Micheal Klaper, a vegan doctor and researcher, has returned to Northern California after a decade in Hawaii and New Zealand. And he will be giving a talk at our potluck this coming Sunday. A decade back, he was one of the main speakers at World Vegetarian Day.

He will be speaker after the main potluck in Liz's upstairs room.

I also wanted to note that next Sunday is World Vegan Day as well as La Dia De Los Muertes.

Here's a web site link with more info:http://www.worldveganday.org/

Remember that there will be a costume contest [but costumes are not required] after the potluck. We've have some pretty good ones over the years.... For pix from prior potlucks, including Halloween, pls go to http://picasaweb.google.com/howarddy

When - Sun, November 1, 5:30pm – 10:00pm

Where - 633 Glenwood Isle, Alameda, at the home of Elizabeth Bechtold

Suggested donation $1 with food; $10 without food. Prizes

for best costumes in different categories. No charge for door fee forvolunteers arriving 2 hours early to prepare raw food appetizers.

PLS RSVP to this email address.Also, std rules -- pls bring only prepared vegan or raw fooditems that are ready to serve. We provide all the beverages, unless you contact me in advance. Also people with their own plates and utensils usually get to go first.

Directions: From 880, take High Street - Alameda Exit. Atstoplight, turn west onto High Street and proceed over bridge 1.5miles. Turn right onto Otis Drive then go exactly 1 mile and turn right onto Glenwood. On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 1:23 PM, howard dyckoff wrote:

Halloween and Dia de los Muertes Costume Party and Potluck

When - Sun, November 1, 5:30pm – 10:00pm

Where - 633 Glenwood Isle, Alameda, at the home of Elizabeth Bechtold (map)

This day-after Halloween Costume Party/Potluck is Co-Sponsored with East Bay Veg*ns and SFVS.

I'm also celebrating getting the cast off my wrist. Ola!!

So, its Sunday, November 1 and here's the tentative schedule:

-- Socializing & Appetizers 5:30 p.m. -- Elizabeth’s Talk on Raw Travel Tips 5:30-6 p.m. -- Dining 6:00 p.m, Followed by Dr. Klaper and Dancing ~7:00 p.m. Suggested donation $1 with food; $10 without food. Prizes for best costumes in different categories. No charge for door fee for volunteers arriving 2 hours early to prepare raw food appetizers. PLS RSVP to this email address.

Also, std rules -- pls bring only prepared vegan or raw food items that are ready to serve. We provide all the beverages, unless you contact me in advance. Also people with their own plates and utensils usually get to go first. Directions: From 880, take High Street - Alameda Exit. At stoplight, turn west onto High Street and proceed over bridge 1.5 miles. Turn right onto Otis Drive then go exactly 1 mile and turn right onto Glenwood. From Fruitvale BART Station, take Bus #50 to White Hall & Willow then walk 2 blocks to Otis and 1 block to Glenwood. Call 510-864-1111 to RSVP or to volunteer.

For pix from prior potlucks, pls go to picasaweb.google.com/howarddy