IndiaDivine.org

VEGAN Vitamin D3

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Other Avenues on Judah St. btwn. 45th and 44th Ave. sells chewable VEGAN D3. Bonnie Knight, San FranciscoSent from my iPhoneOn Jan 26, 2010, at 11:25 AM, brian wesenberg <brumali wrote:

truth in labeling is very important, i agree. but as far as i know, wool derived products are suitable for vegetarians. now vegans might have an issue with it.

good reminder that the truth is not always obvious!

brian--- On Tue, 1/26/10, Mitch Cohen <redbeerd wrote:

Mitch Cohen <redbeerdRE: Vitamin D3: source may be WOOL , scottDate: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 10:51 AM

Hi All,

I read Scott's post, and got some vitamin D. The first 2 stores where I looked were sold out of pills (vs gelatin capsules). At store 3. the brand I got (Nature Made sounds nice, doesn't it?) didn't say it was suitable for vegetarians, so I looked at the website & called the manufacturer. The stearic acid was from palm oil: good! However, the company's agent told me the source of D3 (recommended in Scott's post) is wool!

Here's what wikipedia says for vitamin D:

"Several forms (vitamers) of vitamin D have been discovered (see table). The two major forms are vitamin D2 or ergocalciferol, and vitamin D3 or cholecalciferol."

When I clicked the link on cholecalciferol, here's the next wikipedia's post (too bad it's not on the 1st post, since how many folks want further research?? I wouldn't've gone there if the company rep hadn't told me about wool!):

"Vitamin D3 has several forms:

Cholecalciferol, (sometimes called calciol) which is an inactive, unhydroxylated form of vitamin D3)

Calcifediol (also called 25-hydroxyvitamin D3), which is the form measured in the blood to assess vitamin D status

Calcitriol (also called 1,25-dihydroxyvitam in D3), which is the active form of D3."

"...Cholecalciferol is produced industrially by the irradiation of 7-dehydrocholestero l extracted from lanolin found in sheep's wool. In foods where animal products are not desired, an alternative compound isergocalciferol (also known as vitamin D2)..."

Bottom line: if it's important to you that the pill is suitable for vegetarians, then make sure that's what the label clearly states!

; sfvs ; earthfirstalertscott (AT) planttrees (DOT) orgTue, 19 Jan 2010 03:34:26 -0800 Vitamin D: How to Be Happy and Not Get Sick

Dr Cory <info (AT) drcory (DOT) com>

Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 12:50 AMHow to Be Happy and Not Get Sick

In This Issue

New Class Schedule

Essential Cleanse Review

The Green Office

Flu Treatment and Prevention Tips

New Consults at Avra

Featured Article

Quick Links

Register Now for Upcoming Cleanses

Natural Pharmacy

Free Classes, Teleclasses and Essential Cleanse Class Schedule

Virtual Essential Cleanse

Wednesdays Feb 24th-March 10th 5:00-6:00pm PSTSpecial rate if you cleanse with a buddy!For more info and to register....

Free Classes at Avra Organic Spa

Food Allergies and Your Optimal HealthTuesday February 9th, 6:00-7:00pm Avra Organic Spa505 Beach Street, Suite 130San Francisco, CA 94133 (415) 351-1500 Space is limited. Your opportunity to save $140 on testing!Please RSVP to reserve your spot

Have a friend that you might want to cleanse with? Forward to a Friend!

What people are saying about my Virtual Cleanse Program..

"I had a wonderful experience on Dr Cory's cleanse program. I have researched and gone on several cleanses before and this was one of the best experiences I have had. The program is supportive and gentle, but very effective. I felt good having Dr. Cory as my guide. She took away all of the guesswork and provided a strong foundation for my cleansing process. It is hard enough so I knew I was making positive changes, but easy enough to maintain many of my commitments to work. school and friends. Thank you Dr Cory! "

Lauren V., artist and student, SF, CAIf you have been a patient, cleanse participant, party pax or product fan, please share your experience and let others know about the power of naturopathic medicine, cleansing and detox and how it can help them!

Great health can be yours!

"Oh by the way, that mucococcinum stuff and the cod liver oil WORKS!!! I have been around at least 15 people that were just starting the flu (including sleeping next to my boyfriend who came down with the flu) and I didn't get sick! wooooo! :) I blame you for my healthy winter! Ha! :) "

-Pixie, my fabulous photographerwww.pixievisionprod uctions.comHelp me to help others!Share your product, cleanse or health story with me!

Sunshine in a Pill: The Big Vitamin D-ealio.

Happy 2010 Everyone! I am so excited for this decade and am optimistic about the evolution and integration of natural medicine into our current health care model. I am so very inspired by YOU! It is a true gift to witness how many people are getting healthier by making simple changes in their lives.It feels like everyone is about to launch into their greatness, and I acknowledge and appreciate your willingness and commitment to your health!My commitment to MY health is to start the decade by taking a trip to the tropics to get my dose of Vitamin D!

I started taking Vitamin D in the winters when I lived in the northwest and immediately experienced a happier mood, stronger nails and rarely got colds or flus- despite treating sick people day in and day out. I then started learning about it's role in the prevention of many other diseases, such as heart disease and diabetes. So I wanted to give you the scoop on Vitamin D, how to test for it and why it is such an important vitamin to include in your life. I have also included the recipe for my soup to help treat colds and flus or enjoy in good health.Thank you so much for letting me help you feel better!Dr

Cory

The Big Vitamin D-ealio

Ever wonder why incidence of flu increases in the winter? There is good evidence to suggest that this is because the lower sunlight exposure during this time, creates Vitamin D deficiency in those of living at higher latitudes, making us susceptible to infections of all kinds. Adequate levels of Vitamin D are essential for our immune systems to function optimally,

and there are no significant dietary sources of Vitamin D. Most of us get our Vitamin D intake from the sun, but to get adequate levels during the Winter and Fall can be challenging. Hence the importance of supplementing to maintain proper immune function.

Currently the Food and Nutrition Board of the U.S. Institute of Medicine recommends from 200 to 600 IU/day based on age. This level will prevent Ricketts, but higher levels such as 2,000 IU/day are being shown to provide a tenfold level of immunity against viruses, such as the H1N1 strain of influenza and are necessary in the prevention of other diseases.

Here is the Cliff notes version of what you need to know about Vitamin D:

Can prevent and decrease length of colds and flus.

Can strengthen bones, decrease risk of osteoporosis, decrease inflammation in the body,

Sufficient levels are important in protecting the body cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, osteomalacia (soft bones), autoimmune disorders such as multiple sclerosis.

Deficiency is closely linked to increase in risk for strokes, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes (types 1 and 2), depression and several cancers, including breast and colon cancer

Take at least 2,000 IU of a Vitamin D3 supplement daily during the winter

Cod liver oil+Vitamin D is a good way to get your D and promote healthy skin

Get your 25 hydroxy Vitamin D level checked by your doctor or get a Vitamin D home test kit from ZRT lab (see below).

Ideal levels of Vitamin D are 50-80 ng/ml. Most labs reference ranges are too low for optimal health.

For more extensive information on vitamin D, go to www.vitamindcouncil .org or read this great article by Dr Frank Lipman, MD.Click here to order you vitamin D now!Know someone who could benefit from some Vitamin D?

Test your Vitamin D at Home!Most people that have been tested have low Vitamin D levels. This is because it is difficult to get this Vitamin in our diet and we are rarely out in the sun these days without sunscreen- which blocks the synthesis of Vitamin D in our skin.Raising these levels is critical in helping prevent

winter colds and flus, like the H1N1 virus. Yet you also don't want to overdo it, as vitamin D is a fat soluble, meaning that it can build up in the body and possible create problems if you take too much. So it is important to monitor your levels if you are taking 5, 000 IU/day for more than 3 months.This is a great test that involves a finger stick that you do at home, and then you send it in to the lab. We get the results and review them with you. Cost is $146 for test kit + interpretation via phone. (You save $69!).Click here to order your Vitamin D test

Healing Soup for Colds and Flus

I prescribe this soup a lot during cold and flu season. Garlic has been shown to have anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic properties, so it helps with any kind of infection, and helps thin mucous. Hooray!Ingredients:28 ounces chicken broth or vegetable broth1 bulb garlic (about 15 cloves)5 sprigs parsley, minced6 sprigs cilantro, minced1 teaspoon lemon pepper (natural, salt-free or low-sodium brand) or juice of 1 lemon1 teaspoon minced mint leaves1 teaspoon minced sweet

basil leaves1 teaspoon curry powderDirections: Peel the garlic cloves, and place with the other ingredients in a pan without a lid. Boil, then simmer for about 30 minutes. Pour through a fine strainer or cheese cloth to remove the solid contents. Or, the garlic and herbs can be minced up finely and left in the soup. I like to add chard, kale, celery, shitake mushrooms and carrots to make a more substantial soup. But if appetite is low, go for the strained soup.Instructions for use: The fumes of the boiling soup and its constituents can be inhaled during its preparation. The soup and its constituents can be divided into 4-8 equal portions, each of which should be taken at the beginning of a meal, one to

three times a day. A more dilute preparation may be preferred, both personally and socially, until you adapt to this therapy. I suggest fasting on this soup while you are sick.

Cory Reddish, ND received her doctorate from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland, Oregon in 1998, and is licensed in both California and Washington. She fulfills her commitment to inspiring health and happiness in the lives of those around her, on-stage with the Shamanic Cheerleaders, and off-stage as Dr Cory, licensed Naturopathic Doctor. She has studied with Shamans from Columbia and Peru, learned traditional healing methods from across the globe, specializes in cleansing and clinical detoxification, guest lectured at numerous retreat centers and colleges, been in private naturopathic medical practice for 11 years, and is a certified green

business. She teaches her Essential Cleanse Program locally and virtually across the country, empowering people to become healthier and happier, while having fun along the way!

Forward email

Email Marketing by

dr cory enterprises | p.o. box 2215 | mill valley | CA | 94941-- Fun SF events: http://planttrees. orghttp://twitter. com/planttreeshttp://facebook. com/planttreeshttp://www.linkedin .com/in/planttre eshttp://people. tribe.net/ planttreeshttp://www.myspace. com/291909220

Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service. Get it now.

A--">

Visit Your Group |

Terms of Use

|

Un

=