IndiaDivine.org

Vegans should be aware of this

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

If one wishes to consistently hear this sort of important news, may I suggest listening to the BBC on NPR on Sunday around 5 AM? They've been doing stories for a few years on the plight of bees caused by American mega-corporations as well as multi-nationals, and the impact on agriculture and plants, in general.

Unfortunately, we don't get the same sort of information from the U.S. media. That may be because perhaps as much as 70% of "news stories" today are actually canned media releases done up to appear like news.

But, this is really nothing new. Business has bought and paid for what we see/hear in the media for decades. That's why AR and the pernicious nature of the standard American meat-focused diet is so rarely depicted accurately or at all by the media.

However, I'm not one of those, who believe this is too big of a problem to address. We could easily take back our government and our country from Big Businss if the majority of Americans re-engaged as citizens.

Margaret

Laura Key Mar 16, 2007 11:05 AM ntar_network [ntar_network] Vegans should be aware of this

I wanted to pass this along -a recent article about the honey bee/pollination

problem. People who subsist on foods pollinated & grown due to

honey bees may be finding those foods more expensive -or nonexistent.

And it appears the problem is going to get worse -if Monsanto has their

way.

And no, I do not have an alternative idea -I happen to enjoy having a garden

and orchard -but I may have to do my own manual pollinating soon due to lack of bees!

I'm not going to copy/forward the article due to its length, but it is well worth reading

if your favorite foods are veggies, fruits, nuts & flakes. Soyent Green anyone?

http://www.healthtruthrevealed.com/full-page.php?id=1527016703 & & page=article

--Laura

--Laura Key

Coventree Farm

Lake Texoma in North TX

Quote: "Doelings are the Goddesses of Frolic" --unknown

Looking for earth-friendly autos? Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Autos' Green Center.