IndiaDivine.org

Aw, poor baby

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Bull Rider Still in Montgomery Hospital Two Weeks After Rodeo March 26, 2007 07:45 AM CDT Help Us Cover This Story Click Here to Help Us Cover the News The rodeo may have left town, but not one of its riders. Two weeks later, he's still fighting serious injuries at a local hospital. Lee Akin's skull was fractured when a bull stepped on top of him. The trip to Baptist South has become quite routine for Mary Akin and her 6 month old daughter. It's one she's been making everyday for the past two and a half weeks. But she says the trip is nothing compared to the trip she made from Olahoma after getting that dreaded phone call. "The doctor said they were sending him to emergency surgery and it was just a matter of time because his brain was swelling so rapidly they had to decrease the pressure inside of his head," Mary Aken said. During the rodeo, her husband Lee was thrown from a bull. The bull stepped on his head, crushing his skull. But as horrible as that is, she

remains hopeful. "And now during the day he's breathing on his own and that's a huge step...his lung after two weeks having something breathing for him he can breathe on his own," Aken said. The life of a bull rider isn't easy. Her husband has suffered a collapsed lung, a torn shoulder, and an injured eye. But none of those compare to the seriousness of this latest accident. "I think...i don't think....i'm being carried. Without a doubt God is taking care of me. A lot of people keep telling me 'we're praying for you too mary,' and i think....it's working," Aken said. She's also making it though with a little help from her new friends. "If it was any state where i didn't have to be close to home...i'm glad it was here because people i've never met before. People who know about rodeo or don't know about rodeo have reached out and it's been...thank you Alabama and Montgomery," Aken

said. The two of them were married almost 2 years ago. He was a bull rider when they met and she says she still supports him, in spite of the dangers. "Ii've known that from the beginning and i tell Lee everyday that i'm proud to be his wife - still," Aken said. At first, Lee's family thought they would be here only a few weeks, but doctors tell them the recovery will be a long one, and they could be in Montgomery for months.

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time with the Search movie showtime shortcut.