IndiaDivine.org

The Army's resonse to my letter re: 2 million a year to the rodeo!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This is un***** believable! Contact the PCRA's representatives and "learn" about their nonexistent "animal welfare"?? Like we don't know! I'm going to send some video from sharkonline.org for their PR people to "learn" from. Click here to see "RODEO REALITY" . Below is my letter, and theirs following it. If you go to sharkonline.org you can find countless videos to send to dlink. Subject------------------------------Army's sponsorship of rodeosI am shocked and outraged to learn about the Army giving TWO MILLION dollars a year to

support legalized animal abuse that is rodeo! How can this possibly be???? I thought our troops needed the money!!! I am furious to know that part of my hard earned tax dollars are going to fund the very cause I fight against every single day. Do you know that most of these "cowboys" are ex cons, domestic abusers, rapists and child molesters? They teach rodeo in many prisons. Please stop funding this barbaric "sport" and give it to our troops.SincerelyShannon Morgan ------ Response (Directorate for Public Inquiry and Analysis) - 05/24/2007 09:25 AM Dear Correspondent,We appreciate your interest in the information provided on the Defense website. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support to the U.S. Armed

Forces.The sponsorship of competitive cowboy programs is part of the U.S. Army's overall recruiting advertising and marketing campaign. That campaign is developed in partnership with our marketing agency to maximize our efforts to reach potential recruits and communicate the value of being a Soldier. Our competitive cowboys program includes sponsorship of the Professional Bull Riders Association (PBRA) and two bull riders, as well as five cowboys from the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA). In addition to competing in their events, these athletes participate on behalf of the Army in speaking to students during high school visits, and at the education and career-planning programs we conduct at the arenas. We are aware of and sensitive to animal-protection concerns. We know that

both the PBR and PRCA have programs in place and care deeply about animal welfare. We encourage you to contact representatives from their organizations to learn more about their animal-protection efforts.We hope this information is helpful. Please continue to visit the Defense website for the latest information on the Global War on Terrorism. All the arguments to prove man's superiority can not shatter this hard fact: In suffering, the animals are our equals. --Peter Singer, Liberation

Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Travel.