IndiaDivine.org

AlterNet: Why Is the Pet Food Industry Killing Our Pets?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Animals being poisoned by pet food is not a new phenomena. It's an old and

entrenched problem that has recently made national news, because attitudes

toward dogs and cats have changed.

Click on the below link to read the truth about the pet food industry, which is

self-regulated. And, we know how well that works.

Urge Congress to enact legislation that requires effective oversight of our

pet's food. Contact your US Representative at: www.house.gov

----

Why Is the Pet Food Industry Killing Our Pets?

http://www.alternet.org/story/54236

Many were shocked by the thousands of pet deaths that prompted the recent pet

food recall, but the truth is that the pet food industry has a long history

causing the deaths of many more.

----

Guest guest

Hi Margaret (and everyone else) -

I agree with you, Margaret, with what you're saying.

In particular, I believe that Pet Foods that are marketed as being healthy are not really that healthy or beneficial for our Animal Companions.

As indicated in my earlier response to an E-Mail from John Pippin, I have had good luck with Royal Canin (for Cats). It's technically a Presciption Product (you can only buy it from Vets), but your Vet should be able to get it for you, if you request it. I feed it to all my Cats, and they seem to be very Healthy.

I feel good that I have not been buying my Cat Food from the Local Supermarket or Pet Store.

Ed Pech

-

margaretmorin

Saturday, June 16, 2007 10:40 AM

Animals being poisoned by pet food is not a new phenomena. It's an old and entrenched problem that has recently made national news, because attitudes toward dogs and cats have changed. Click on the below link to read the truth about the pet food industry, which is self-regulated. And, we know how well that works. Urge Congress to enact legislation that requires effective oversight of our pet's food. Contact your US Representative at: www.house.gov----Why Is the Pet Food Industry Killing Our Pets?http://www.alternet.org/story/54236Many were shocked by the thousands of pet deaths that prompted the recent pet food recall, but the truth is that the pet food industry has a long history causing the deaths of many more.----

Guest guest

Ed,

Please visit

http://www.royalcanin.us/recalled.html

only one feline ROYAL CANIN VETERINARY DIET product has been recalled at this time.

Greg Thomisee

On April 19 as a precautionary measure, Royal Canin USA announced a voluntary recall of eight products that contain rice protein concentrate (rice gluten):

Following are the ONLY Royal Canin USA pet products that have been recalled:

ROYAL CANIN SENSIBLE CHOICE® (available in pet specialty stores nationwide)

- Chicken Meal & Rice Formula Senior DRY DOG FOOD - Lamb Meal & Rice Formula Puppy DRY DOG FOOD- Lamb Meal & Rice Formula Adult DRY DOG FOOD- Lamb Meal & Rice Formula Senior DRY DOG FOOD- Rice & Catfish Meal Formula Adult DRY DOG FOOD

ROYAL CANIN VETERINARY DIET™ (available only in veterinary clinics)- Canine Early Cardiac EC 22™ - Canine Skin Support SS21™- Feline Hypoallergenic HP23™

-

Edwin Pech

Monday, June 18, 2007 10:15 AM

Re: AlterNet: Why Is the Pet Food Industry Killing Our Pets?

Hi Margaret (and everyone else) -

I agree with you, Margaret, with what you're saying.

In particular, I believe that Pet Foods that are marketed as being healthy are not really that healthy or beneficial for our Animal Companions.

As indicated in my earlier response to an E-Mail from John Pippin, I have had good luck with Royal Canin (for Cats). It's technically a Presciption Product (you can only buy it from Vets), but your Vet should be able to get it for you, if you request it. I feed it to all my Cats, and they seem to be very Healthy.

I feel good that I have not been buying my Cat Food from the Local Supermarket or Pet Store.

Ed Pech

-

margaretmorin

Saturday, June 16, 2007 10:40 AM

Animals being poisoned by pet food is not a new phenomena. It's an old and entrenched problem that has recently made national news, because attitudes toward dogs and cats have changed. Click on the below link to read the truth about the pet food industry, which is self-regulated. And, we know how well that works. Urge Congress to enact legislation that requires effective oversight of our pet's food. Contact your US Representative at: www.house.gov----Why Is the Pet Food Industry Killing Our Pets?http://www.alternet.org/story/54236Many were shocked by the thousands of pet deaths that prompted the recent pet food recall, but the truth is that the pet food industry has a long history causing the deaths of many more.----