IndiaDivine.org

7/23/07 DMN LTE on MIchael Vick- Compassion is mood of the day

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

See today's DMN LTE (below). Compassion is the mood of the day. Please scan the media for animal related stories. When found, write a LTE or a thank you note to the media outlet that publishes. A good example is NPR's "Weekend Edition" animal advocacy stories by Scott Simon on Saturday, July 21. Thank NPR at: http://www.npr.org/contact/Strike while the iron is hot. Don't let this time of opportunity to speak for the animals go by. Thank you. Margaret Letters: Michael Vick indictment 06:29 AM CDT on Monday, July 23, 2007 How could he not hear so many suffering

dogs? Re: "Vick indicted by grand jury – Falcons QB, others face up to six years in prison for dogfighting charges," Wednesday SportsDay. Some star! Fifty-two battered, scarred and beaten pit bulls were removed from Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick's property. NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy expressed the league's "disappointment" but points out Mr. Vick has not been convicted. Yes, innocent until proven guilty, but there doesn't appear to be much doubt. Still, Mr. Vick insults our intelligence by denying knowledge of the situation. This chamber of horrors was on his property; how could he not know? That many suffering dogs would make a lot of noise. A pit bull may not be weak, but cruel humans can easily render him helpless. Dogfighting is unconscionable; I'm glad this situation came to light.

Lanni Fish, Irving Typical for those with more money than sense Michael Vick's animal cruelty antics just go to show that money can't cure ignorance, as we've seen in many other cases of his ilk. Nick Garefalos, Dallas If it were up to me, I know who I'd like to meet Re: Also, "Something to cluck about – Pet chickens may ruffle feathers in Dallas, but not in the suburbs," by James Ragland, Wednesday Metro. Let's see, if I were to choose a friend, would I choose Michael Vick or Wei Wei Jeang? Mr.

Vick is indicted on federal charges related to illegal dogfighting; Ms. Jeang is a compassionate lady who enjoys the company of chickens. No-brainer. Laurie Hammeke, Allen

Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Autos new Car Finder tool.