drive her out.

I am looking for those humane rat traps -- looking like a plastic box

-- they can get in but not out. I found in stores only the small ones

for mice. I do not want to use the electronic ones of the poison off

course.

Does anyone have them so I can borrow them for a while or do you know

where can I get them? We drove nearly to every Home Depot or Loewes

around Dallas. For now we got the electronic plug ins (do they even

work?), but I have to first find out if it doesn't harm turtles.

thanks

The very desperate

Barbara

www.veggiechild.com

Wear Your Attitude

www.urbanveggie.com

New vegan recipes

http://pets.DFWTurtleandTortoiseClub/

Join DFW Turtle $ Tortoise Club

Guest guest

Hi Barbara, I know it's difficult to find them locally, but here is a site to order them. http://www.bizrate.com/pestcontrol/products__keyword--humane+traps__lp--1__sfsk--2.htmlBarbara <urbanveggie wrote: Moderator's Note: When I had this problem, I bought roomy, no-kill traps at The Pest Shop (972 519 0355) at 15th and Custer in Plano.

The guy who owns it is knowledgeable. I suggest explicitly telling him your goals. It's been awhile, but I believe he told me that mice and rats home, so one must take the animal about a mile away. And, ensure the place one takes her/him is safe (away from roads, buildings) and that s/he will be able to find immediate shelter, food, water. It is wise to to establish a drop-off location in advance. I hope this helps. M*********************************HiWe have a huge rat in our house and so far we were not successful todrive her out.I am looking for those humane rat traps -- looking like a plastic box-- they can get in but not out. I found in stores only the small onesfor mice. I do not want to use the electronic ones of the poison offcourse. Does anyone have them so I can borrow them for a while or do you knowwhere can I get them? We drove nearly to every Home Depot or Loewesaround Dallas. For now we got the

electronic plug ins (do they evenwork?), but I have to first find out if it doesn't harm turtles.thanksThe very desperateBarbarawww.veggiechild.comWear Your Attitudewww.urbanveggie.comNew vegan recipeshttp://pets.DFWTurtleandTortoiseClub/Join DFW Turtle $ Tortoise Club "Think

occasionally of the suffering of which youspare yourself the sight“. -Albert Schweitzer

Building a website is a piece of cake. Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.

Guest guest

If you are looking for a way to get the rat to safety, I suggest calling the Master Naturalists for your county. One of the things they do is take animals and make sure they are safely let loose in an environment in which they can thrive. You may want to call even before you catch the rat. Someone is always on duty. It's a volunteer service and these people work hard to make sure the animals are protected. NicholeBarbara <urbanveggie wrote: Moderator's

Note: When I had this problem, I bought roomy, no-kill traps at The Pest Shop (972 519 0355) at 15th and Custer in Plano. The guy who owns it is knowledgeable. I suggest explicitly telling him your goals. It's been awhile, but I believe he told me that mice and rats home, so one must take the animal about a mile away. And, ensure the place one takes her/him is safe (away from roads, buildings) and that s/he will be able to find immediate shelter, food, water. It is wise to to establish a drop-off location in advance. I hope this helps. M*********************************HiWe have a huge rat in our house and so far we were not successful todrive her out.I am looking for those humane rat traps -- looking like a plastic box-- they can get in but not out. I found in stores only the small onesfor mice. I do not want to use the electronic ones of the poison offcourse. Does anyone have them so I can borrow them for a while or

do you knowwhere can I get them? We drove nearly to every Home Depot or Loewesaround Dallas. For now we got the electronic plug ins (do they evenwork?), but I have to first find out if it doesn't harm turtles.thanksThe very desperateBarbarawww.veggiechild.comWear Your Attitudewww.urbanveggie.comNew vegan recipeshttp://pets.DFWTurtleandTortoiseClub/Join DFW Turtle $ Tortoise Club

Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.