IndiaDivine.org

What was your epiphany to start loving animals? Tell your story for Peta (and us!)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What's your story when you realized you loved all animals? I thought this was a really good idea, I think maybe each of us had an epiphany that set us in motion for the animals' rights later on. Post your letters, I think it would be interesting. http://peta.com/feat-epiphany.asp Here's mine. I was born on a family farm. I know what you're thinking, but..... I was always sad for the animals even though I was born into the cruelty and witnessed plenty. I never got desensitized. I used to love playing with the piglets in the dirt, watch the baby calves buck and butt heads in play. My horse was my best friend, and I had many pet chickens, one that rode around on my shoulder like a parrot! (No

cages - we didn't farm them - just pets). But, I always cried when the trailer of death came for the cattle and pigs. Problem: we had mice in our house, so my parents set mousetraps all over the house. I didn't realize what would happen at 5 years old, but one night while I was going to sleep I hear a snap and high pitched screaming. I ran to the kitchen and saw a horrific sight - a mouse's back practically smashed in half and a mouse struggling to get out of a trap. I quickly opened the trap and he miraculously scurried off. I was elated that he was alright. I went around the entire house that and every night (after my parents were asleep) and disabled every single trap and we never caught another one. My dad finally just found where they were coming from and fixed it. Duh. I believe all animals are equal to us, they just don't speak our

language. "Think occasionally of the suffering of which youspare yourself the sight" Albert Schweitzer

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Games.