IndiaDivine.org

LTE re: Ringling Story

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Here's my LTE at the Ft. Worth Star Telegram exposing the truth behind the story of Ringling's excellent care of and spoiled elephants. Puke. Paul K. Harral Editor of the Editorial Page Fort Worth Star-Telegram 817 390-7836 Shannon Morgan [fortheanimals] Thursday, August 16, 2007 4:24 PMHarral, PaulRingling Story Dear Mr. Harral, First, I am stunned by the fluff piece done on Ringling Bros. circus being on the front page. The PR this circus spins gets further and further from the truth at every stop! The elephants are shackled 23 hours per day, and beaten with sharp, metal bullhooks daily which puncture the skin and causes abcesses and boils, conveniently covered with Wonder Dust when performing. It's a grey powder that hides the bloody wounds. You can still see the swelling if you look, however. It is to keep them intimidated and under "control". They are only given these "treats" for PR purposes, otherwise it's stale hay. Ringling just left Dallas , and I personally got photographs of cuts and bleeding, and an American Airline employee actually witnessed a beating with a bullhook and told us. He shall remain anomymous for obvious reasons. If you look at their faces, behind their ears, along their spines and behind their legs, you will see many, many

scars. Why do you think they snap, kill their trainers and then rampage? The fact is, Ringling abuses these magnificent animals on a daily basis and the rest of these poor animals live in tiny cages or severely confined their entire lives. The boxcars are NOT climate controlled, nor are they properly ventilated. They claim no USDA violations. Here is a list of 100+ dating back to 1992. http://circuses.com/pdfs/RinglingFactsheet.pdf To learn more than you could ever want, visit circuses.com and see the videos of the beatings and read all about Ringling. I doubt they'll make the front page next year. I doubt this will be published, as it is negative, but the media needs to be enlightened and not sucked in by their million dollar PR machines. Learn what they are paying so much to hide from the public. Sincerely, Shannon Morgan Lewisville, TX

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which youspare yourself the sight" Albert Schweitzer

Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.