IndiaDivine.org

City investigates cruelty charges leveled at rodeo

Rate this topic

Guest guest

http://www.kdhnews. com/news/ story.aspx? id=18083City investigates cruelty charges leveled at rodeo Posted on: Saturday, August 18, 2007 By Desiree JohnsonKilleen Daily HeraldThe Killeen city attorney is investigating allegations of animal cruelty made against local rodeo practices.The rodeo subcommittee is facing accusations of open meeting policy violations, violations of animal control ordinances, allegations of breaking state laws and other grievances, Kathy Davis said."There are always general complaints from people who believe the rodeo is cruel in general, but there has not before

been specific allegations of cruelty," Davis said.In addition to the complaint letter, volunteers captured the alleged rodeo abuse on videotape, which has since been posted on the popular Internet site, YouTube. George Fox, president of Assisi Animal Refuge, has been preparing to present these allegations to the city for the past five months."The video is a small portion, not the whole issue. This is going to be the controversy of the year," Fox said. "(The rodeo) is a waste of time, and not that popular. We want those who have broken the law behind bars, where they belong."While Davis is hoping to have investigations finished by the first week of September, Fox, who is certified in animal-cruelty investigation, said the rest of the story will go public through various news outlets on Aug. 27 and will bring

much more information to light.John Fisher, chairman of the city of Killeen Rodeo Subcommittee, said all rules and regulations have been followed."We're moving forward until (the city) tells us we've done something wrong," Fisher said. "We're dealing with the agricultural community, and that's their livelihood. They wouldn't want to do anything to harm animals. We just want to bring a good, quality rodeo to Killeen."Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends.http://www.iklipz.com/MovieDetail.aspx?MovieID=b78dcab6-a408-4659-b1f4-72d1fe7cfe0c

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.

If I was a bettin' woman, I'll say nobody even gets a slap on the wrist. Funny how "cowboys" never see what's right in front of them. I guess that's why cowboys have to abuse animals for a living. Too stupid to do anything else. Here's the footage from YouTube. If they don't see nothin' that goes against their "humane" rules, I feel some vigilante justice brewin'.

Kerri Milam <Kerrimilam wrote: http://www.kdhnews. com/news/ story.aspx? id=18083City investigates cruelty charges leveled at rodeo Posted on: Saturday, August 18, 2007 By Desiree JohnsonKilleen Daily HeraldThe Killeen city attorney is investigating allegations of animal cruelty made against local rodeo practices.The rodeo subcommittee is facing accusations of open meeting policy violations, violations of animal control ordinances, allegations of breaking state laws and

other grievances, Kathy Davis said."There are always general complaints from people who believe the rodeo is cruel in general, but there has not before been specific allegations of cruelty," Davis said.In addition to the complaint letter, volunteers captured the alleged rodeo abuse on videotape, which has since been posted on the popular Internet site, YouTube. George Fox, president of Assisi Animal Refuge, has been preparing to present these allegations to the city for the past five months."The video is a small portion, not the whole issue. This is going to be the controversy of the year," Fox said. "(The rodeo) is a waste of time, and not that popular. We want those who have broken the law behind bars, where they belong."While Davis is hoping to have investigations finished by the first week of September, Fox, who

is certified in animal-cruelty investigation, said the rest of the story will go public through various news outlets on Aug. 27 and will bring much more information to light.John Fisher, chairman of the city of Killeen Rodeo Subcommittee, said all rules and regulations have been followed."We're moving forward until (the city) tells us we've done something wrong," Fisher said. "We're dealing with the agricultural community, and that's their livelihood. They wouldn't want to do anything to harm animals. We just want to bring a good, quality rodeo to Killeen." Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends.http://www.iklipz.com/MovieDetail.aspx?MovieID=b78dcab6-a408-4659-b1f4-72d1fe7cfe0c Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games. "Think occasionally of the suffering of which youspare yourself the sight" Albert Schweitzer

Shape in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!