IndiaDivine.org

Anger begets anger-What do you think?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

For animal advocates, I found a quote by Judith Martin that I live by when trying to influence others to be more compassionate. "People do not absorb moral lessons from those who trample on their feelings. Rather, they forever associate the unpleasantness of the spokesperson with the cause itself." Judith Martin I believe that adhering to this adage is essential while leafleting or demonstrating, as well as in our day to day interactions. As much as insensitivity or

ignorance may anger us, we should not show it while trying to sway someone to our point of view. We need to remain calm and pleasant for the sake of the animals we wish to help. I strongly believe that when we let our anger to get the best of us and respond to someone in anger, we might feel justified or better for the moment, but we hurt the animals we are trying to help. Anger begets anger. And, all to often, that anger is taken out on an animal. Any thoughts or responses? Margaret

oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

I think Margaret has a very good point. I kind of lost my temper with one of the circus employees on the elephant walk going on and on and ON, spewing a bunch of (bleep) about how great the elephants are treated, and not to believe in "PeTA propaganda', and told him to save his PR for someone dumb enough to believe it. That wasn't good. I usually don't give idiots the time of day, just smile and go about the business of leafleting, but I reached the boiling point there. Just turn and walk away, or like I did (after my comment), get far away! Walking beside him made me sick! Margaret Morin <dogs_good wrote: For animal advocates, I found a quote by Judith Martin that I live by when trying to influence others to be more compassionate. "People do not absorb moral lessons from those who trample on their feelings. Rather, they forever associate the unpleasantness of the spokesperson with the cause itself." Judith Martin I believe that adhering to this adage is essential while leafleting or demonstrating, as well as in our day to day interactions. As much as insensitivity or ignorance may anger us, we should not show it while trying to sway someone to our point of view. We need to remain calm and pleasant for the sake of the animals we wish to help. I strongly believe that when we let our anger to get the best of us and respond to someone in anger, we might feel justified or better for the moment, but we hurt the animals we are trying to help. Anger begets anger. And,

all to often, that anger is taken out on an animal. Any thoughts or responses? Margaret oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links. "Think occasionally of

the suffering of which youspare yourself the sight" Albert Schweitzer

Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on TV.