IndiaDivine.org

Important Writer's Alert- Good column from Sports Illustrated

Rate this topic

Guest guest

When a columnist writes an article favorable to animals, I usually dash off a couple of lines thanking her/him. It is important to encourage pro-animal viewpoints in the media. Mr. Rolfe answered my email and indicated he had received a lot of negative input. He is going to publish a cross section of comments received next week (see below). Please open the link (below), read the article, and reply to the article's author. We need to support his effort to speak for animals if we want him to do it again.Thanks. Margaret ***************Thanks for the kind note, Margaret. It's clear from all the e-mail I've received during the past four daysthat this is a very emotional topic and not everyone appreciated what Iwrote or how I wrote it. As you can imagine, more than a few hunterswere outraged and made their feelings known, but there were otherpoints of view as well. I'm going to run a cross-section of

all thiscommentary next week.I really appreciate your taking the time to write in.Best wishes,John RolfeSI.comdogs_good [dogs_good] Friday, August 24, 2007 4:56 PMRolfe, John - SI for Kids <john_rolfeMailbag: John RolfeSubmitted by Margaret Morin (dogs_good)HometownPlano, TexasQuestionRE: "Hunter's Become the Game" I am impressed with your clear logic,literate prose, and reasonable statements. I am not a member of PETAbut I have nothing against them. They make a lot of sense, as do you.I agree with all that you wrote. The NFL should make

animal abuse prohibited by their code of conduct. Thanks for writing such a thoughtful column. I enjoyed it. I hope it gives some hunters pause over their callous disregard for suffering of innocents. jjpippin <jjpippin wrote: http://tinyurl.com/24dvzz You never know where you might find people with a conscience – even in sports!

Shape in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!