IndiaDivine.org

In Loving Memory of Mercy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We will remember Mercy.

Through her suffering, Mercy has reached countless people and raised the general public's awareness exponentially.

I honor Mercy's legacy -- in the state of TX and beyond. I honor her short life.

I thank the strangers she met in her turmoil that did give her the love she so deserved.

Of course you all are aware that DaShawn was found guilty today by a unanimous jury. Sentencing begins tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM. Here's a few details on what happened today:

Two witnesses testified this morning before I arrived. I spoke with others and learned that their testimony collaborated other testimony in the case. The first was a continuation of the gentleman who was harassed by the defense for being an illegal alien. The defense tried to force him to say that he was doing this for fear of being deported. This gentleman put himself in danger for an animal he saw on fire and a man he saw that evening with a gas can in his hand. No other reason -- not even for reward money that the defense continuously threw in the spotlight. From what I heard, the second gentleman only made the prosecution's case even more valid from his personal account at the scene seconds after Mercy was set on fire. The next witness was a Fire Department captain with specialty in arson. He was firm in his testimony. The defense tried to intimidate the jury with a wordy presentation about fire definitions and the chemical compounds of gasoline. This witness was questioned not by the infamous Mr. Wyde, but by his cohort. The prosecution tried to muddy the jury with lengthy definitions of the difference between accelerants and other flammable liquids, if human's have the ability to smell gasoline without confusing its smell with other odors, etc. In my opinion, this ploy was ludicrous to say the least. The captain testified repetitively pertaining to crucial facts that strengthened other witness' testimony: it was an accelerant that was used to ignite the flame on Mercy -- an accelerant whose vapors were decreased when mixed with oxygen (outside versus a confined space) so therefore reducing the chances of her attacker getting burned too; upon reviewing photos of Mercy's burns, he believes that she was on her back and the accelerant was poured en masse on her vulva region (motive: angry for her not mating); gasoline is the predominant odor when it is the accelerant used (witnesses smelled gasoline and poor Mercy); and that the point of origin had to have been in very close proximity to where Mercy's flames were put out by witnesses because as she ran, oxygen would have decreased the power of the fire due to the use of an accelerant because he said flesh and hair do not feed a fire on their own. Prosecution rested. The defense asked the judge for an acquittal. The defense tried to lay foundation based on the fact that no one testified as to witnessing DaShawn pour gas on Mercy and ignite her in flame. And that the prosecution "did not establish that the pit bull was a domestic animal." (!!!) In fact, the defense itself established her as a domestic animal by going on and on about her name being Brandi and that she had a pink collar with rhinestones. We all know why the "domestic animal" was used to try to get an acquittal -- judge was visibly disgusted. The defense's case consisted of one witness. Although they tried to make a big deal about a person giving a job lead to a witness that had in fact been permanently excused. Court was on-hold until they could find the witness who had already returned to work, etc., and get another translator. The only witness the defense called was a man that lived in the same building as the two aforementioned witnesses. All he said was that he reported them to management in the past because they continuously grilled outside against the rules. Relevance? The jury saw through the ploy. Jonnie from OPK was not called to testify. It seems she was just put on the defense's list to keep her out of the courtroom. I could fill numerous pages on the closing arguments. Suffice it to say that the prosecution closed all loopholes and met the burden of proof. The defense ranted about witnesses being thieves and illegal immigrants testifying in order to get money. The prosecution pointed out that only an evil and cold-blooded person would do this to a dog that trusted him -- even turning on her back in a submissive stance. The jury deliberated for approximately one hour. They came back with a unanimous guilty verdict. DaShawn shook his head as justice was served. I refuse to end this posting with his name in the last sentence. The defense kept saying in their closing argument that "this case is not about an animal -- it is about evidence." Well, yes, this case is about the evidence. The evidence proves that Mercy, an innocent animal, was tortured at the hands of DaShawn Brown. This case is most definitely about an animal. A sentient being whose voice is now silent, but whose voice echoed and was heard in a Dallas courtroom ... and all over the world.

Bless you, gentle spirit. Mercy, we will remember you.

--Michelle Discover the new Windows Vista Learn more!