IndiaDivine.org

A Suggestion for World Farm Animal Day, Oct 2nd

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Today, October 2nd, is World Farm Animals Day (wfad.org). Vegetarian Network of Dallas will commemorate WFAD on Oct 13. We encourage others to join us then.Additionally, I hope everyone who reads this and abhors factory farming will find at least one opportunity to persuasively speak for animals today. As you know, we do not persuade when we offend, so our voice for animals must be courteous to be heard by the listener.Here are a few suggestions on possible ways to speak for animals:-- Visit a shoe store. Ask the manager to help you find shoes that are not made of leather and be really nice while you explain why that you don't buy leather as it is cruel to animals. -- Invite your co-workers to lunch at a vegetarian restaurant such as Veggie Garden. After they enjoy the food, give them a copy of the Christian Vegetarian Association leaflet (or veg flier of your preference) that I left by the door. If you

are in FW, take them to Spiral Diner and order their vegan ice cream (it's like a gateway drug). -- Take vegan snacks to your office to share. If you made the food, also offer a copy of the recipe to those who comment on how good the food is.-- Wear attractive vegan shoes or carry a stylish vegan purse. As you show it off, tell your friends that you don't buy leather. And, it doesn't hurt to point out how much less expensive non-leather shoes/purses are.-- When someone compliments your looks or figure, attribute your health to vegetarianism and graciously offer to share your "secret" by handing him or her a Veg Starter kit (free and downloadable on www.pcrm.org). --Tell your mother or sister or brother how much it would mean to you if s/he would eat much less meat and more vegetables/fruits/grains, because you love her/him and want your family with you a long time and because it is the right thing to do to show mercy to suffering animals.

Then, leave it at that. I bet they ask you about it another time. I know others will be able to think of even better ways to speak for farm animals, the most abused of all animals. We can not be silent and leave them to suffer alone and unspoken for.Thank you. MargaretVegetarian Network of Dallas

Catch up on fall's hot new shows on TV. Watch previews, get listings, and more!